PDA

View Full Version : So who WAS the main girl of FF7?

Griever Zero
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
I can't believe I'm getting this confused, but I can't seem to pinpoint who exactly was FF7's "main" girl character.

With other FFs it's easy...6 has Terra, 8 has Rinoa, 9 has Garnet, 10 has Yuna, etc...

So who is 7's main girl? Aeris or Tifa?

My vote goes to Tifa. She was with Cloud all through the game and Aeris...well...wasn't exactly uhhh as prominant? You could say?

And I think Cloud's love goes to Tifa anyway, though Aeris obviously had a huge impact on him.

Reign
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Eh... both of them?:confused:
That is a pretty good question. But as a wise friend of mine once said:

"They only threw Tifa in because they had a lack of women characters in the Final Fantasy series..."
But then again, to me, Tifa would be the main lover:love:

GunbladeMaster
11-10-2005, 04:43 PM
id say Tifa cas shes the one who is most involved with Cloud

Aeris` role is just to summon Holy and save the world

Holy_Aeris
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Tifa did nothing! Useless! Not to mention she wasn't even meant o be in the game, therfore i say Aeris. Ok so she wasn't there 'physically' throughout the second part of the game, but she was there 'spiritually' and ven at the end its all down to her to help save the world, so yea, i got for Aeris!

Destai
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I think the original idea to kill of Aeris was so Tifa could be the main heroine. Acording to some guy who made the game.

Dinnova
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
id say Tifa cas shes the one who is most involved with Cloud

Aeris` role is just to summon Holy and save the world
lol, just to save the world. Thats all.
I think both of them are the main girl. Tifa is in the game most of the time, when Aeris is gone early. But without Aeris there screwed.

Meat Puppet
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
cloud (you know this)
main guy is barrett

Legends
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Im not sure.
I think in the end
SPOLIER:
When Cloud says he thinks he can meet her there and Tifa looks all sad, its like he chooses Aeris.
But Tifa is the one that helps him out the most, and guides him and helps him become him again. i almost think its an equal part given to them. It isnt really clear who Cloud chooses.

Erdrick Holmes
11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Cloud

GunbladeMaster
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
in the dress u mean

(look at avatar)

Holy_Aeris
11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Cloud

^ clearly you did't read the title properly, it says who was the main GIRL of ff7?

And dont say Cloud is a girl, cause thats getting kinda old now.

* White Aeris *
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
i think Aeris is (for obvious reasons!). i use to hate Tifa but i don't mind her so much now. :)
P.S. i never knew who was the main girl of 6. it was probaby Terra but Celes comes a very close second.

TurkSlayer
11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Tifa did nothing! Useless! Not to mention she wasn't even meant o be in the game, therfore i say Aeris. Ok so she wasn't there 'physically' throughout the second part of the game, but she was there 'spiritually' and ven at the end its all down to her to help save the world, so yea, i got for Aeris!

Yeah, Tifa wasn't in the original idea, but neither were Vincent, Nanaki, Yuffie, Cait Sith, or Cid. Cloud, Barret, and Aeris were the only ones to start off with. So your saying none of them were meant to be in the game.

And of course she was useless. I mean, she only helped reveiled the truth of the Nibeheim incident and saved Cloud from destroying himself. Totally useless.

My vote goes to Tifa.

Hugomand
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Aeris was the main characters "love" so that's why I think that Aeris was the main girl. But, Tifa was a very good counter-part. And I'm kinda splitted inside, because I like them both very much :D

Necronopticous
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I can't believe I'm getting this confused, but I can't seem to pinpoint who exactly was FF7's "main" girl character.

With other FFs it's easy...6 has Terra, 8 has Rinoa, 9 has Garnet, 10 has Yuna, etc...

So who is 7's main girl? Aeris or Tifa?The games don't necessarily have to have a main female character, I think Tifa and Aeris are equally as important to the story of Final Fantasy VII. I don't really like the idea of having main character roles anyway, that was one of the things that makes Final Fantasy VI the best game in the series, every character is basically equally as important. Final Fantasy IX tried to tackle that again but it didn't work out quite as well.

Dreddz
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Tifa is the main heroine IMO, even when Aeris is alive.....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
i wud've thort tifa. aeris' was equally important but i think she knew her n cloud wudn't happen anyway.

btw, wot does IMO mean?

GunbladeMaster
11-10-2005, 08:48 PM
In My Opinion devils phoenix

Meat Puppet
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I OWNED Joel.

Anniexo
11-10-2005, 10:17 PM
it's Tifa

TheAbominatrix
11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I think trying to pin one down as the 'main' girl just downplays on the importance of both of them. Without Aerith, Holy would not have been summoned. Without Tifa, Cloud would never have known his real self and quite possibly would have remained in the Mako induced coma for good. They're both essential to the story, and both girls are very important, regardless of who Cloud feels for or who your favorite character is.

CloUdZ
11-11-2005, 12:27 AM
can't be aeris if it was aeris , square wouldn't have wanted her to die ... no main characters died in all the other FF

Destai
11-11-2005, 12:35 AM
I think the original idea to kill of Aeris was so Tifa could be the main heroine. Acording to some guy who made the game.
People, Seriously.

Sephitachi7
11-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Who appears at the very beginning of the game and the very end (not counting the credits and the Red XIII part at the end), that would be Aeris. So if one of the two has to be the main girl, it is Aeris. But I believe SquareSoft meant for both to be the major girl role.

Destai
11-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Who appears at the very beginning of the game and the very end (not counting the credits and the Red XIII part at the end), that would be Aeris. So if one of the two has to be the main girl, it is Aeris. But I believe SquareSoft meant for both to be the major girl role.Plenty of RPG's dont have the main heroine appear at the very beginning.

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 12:55 AM
can't be aeris if it was aeris , square wouldn't have wanted her to die ... no main characters died in all the other FF

So your saying the sacrifices of Minwu, Josef, Ricard, Tellah, Galuf, and Shadow didn't happen? I agree that Aeris isn't the heroine, though.

DJZen
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
It was definitely Cloud.

zbonks
11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
its a tie

Krillen
11-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Some people are stupid, Cloud is not a girl...This thread is asking about the main girl of ff7...not the main guy....As for who it is, I would give my vote to Aeris..yes tifa was there more, BUT Aeris had a much more bigger effect on him....And it could be considered a matter of opinion to because you can go on a date with either one at the Golden Saucer(spelling)

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Some people are stupid, Cloud is not a girl...This thread is asking about the main girl of ff7...not the main guy....

:rolleyes2... Its called a joke. Of course, there is that time Cloud cross-dressed...

Krillen
11-11-2005, 02:21 AM
I know that, but its not funny after its been done once already lol

Chii_Asakura
11-11-2005, 04:15 AM
Tifa is the main heroine IMO, even when Aeris is alive.....

I would most definitely say Tifa... she's my favorite character and personally-- I hate Aeris for many reasons. She's weak in the beginning (still weak as I don't use her at all...) and then when you do all this work to level her up-- what does she do to you? She dies on you. :mad:

Krillen
11-11-2005, 05:14 AM
SO not true lol...Its not like she chose to die, that bastard Sephiroth killed her...When I first played it my heart was broken when She died, I was so pissed at sephiroth...But then I got a gameshark and brought her back...It made me so happy to have her back :love:

boys from the dwarf
11-11-2005, 07:26 AM
the main girls always the one who gets the main guy so id say tifa.

Neco Arc
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
i say none, because all had around equal roles...

the main characters in the game are:
Cloud
Tifa
Aeris
Barret
Nanaki
Sephiroth
Rufus
Bugenhagen

possibly more but i can't think right now...

Christmas
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Marlene....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-11-2005, 03:20 PM
. . . pedo

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 03:31 PM
..me...

boys from the dwarf
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
tifa has a loads bigger role than aeris and yuffie so id call her the main.

SilverPhoenix42
11-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Aeris is most definitely the main character. If saving the world doesn't qualify you for that, then no one deserves to be the main girl. And she's not useless at all. If you get her final limit break, then she is easily the most powerful character in the game. Her magical abilities and to become both fully healed and invincible, she kicks such hard @$$ that no one stands a chance. Aeris is my lover!

ljkkjlcm9
11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
WELL... Cloud is obviously the main character of the game, in fact the entire game revolves around Cloud....

Tifa was significant in helping Cloud to find himself and get back on track. Aeris was significant in giving Cloud something to fight for and defining his purpose in life. They were both support characters to the main character, it's as simple as that

THE JACKEL

boys from the dwarf
11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
aeris dies(im not putting spoiler tags because everyone knows that.). and yuffie is optional. tifa survives and she joins you no matter what and she has a lot of importance with cloud and stuff so tifa is clearly the main female.

Griever Zero
11-14-2005, 12:35 AM
here's how i see it.

tifa would be the story's main heroine and that is because she and cloud were on the same...level, so to speak.

throughout the whole game, aeris is somewhat an otherworldly, almost spiritual character..like she's more than just a human or a regular character. aeris is part of the story and cloud and tifa are in that story together.

aeris is just much more...mystical and in a way, untouchable. tifa is always there and real and human just like cloud. basically, i think aeris' role is much bigger because it is both ghostly, in a way, and at one point, finite. tifa remains just the regular girl trying to fight to save the day as is cloud the male who is fighting to save the day.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm, I agree...

Nightmare X
11-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Heidegger.

Shin-Ra Electric Power Co
11-29-2005, 07:18 AM
What about Jessi? haha just kiddin but she will always hold a special place in my heart.

ps. did i spell her name right? its been awhile

Neco Arc
11-29-2005, 08:29 AM
jessie

Slade
11-30-2005, 05:23 AM
As much as I don't like Tifa and how overrated she is, she's definatly the main female of FFVII. Still, in my opinion, it should have been Jessie....:cry:

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Uh... Your mama

ElVaCaNo02YTSCV
12-04-2005, 06:39 AM
The best lover girl to me was Yuna....and Tifa, they are a tie... it touched me when Yuna, and Tidus were kissing.... and Aeris I was dying for her to do something with cloud... but Tifa... she was okay when they were getting into the cave of Sephiroth.... also... when she had Cloud on the wheel chair it was so cute!!!

Yuffie514
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
A is for...Aeris. no duh, she did spoiler:

Sephitachi7
12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
wait....what??? I'm so lost.

childroland
05-16-2006, 03:26 AM
Cloud isnt the main FF7 character it is actually aeris if you were to look into the true FF7 story which I am posting now. http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/zforce6455/lit/ff7.html

Dell
05-16-2006, 07:37 AM
The main girl of FFVII is Aeris but Tifa is the main girl of Advent Children.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-16-2006, 07:42 AM
OH NO