PDA

View Full Version : Friends/family at EoFF

Loony BoB
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Do any of your (offline) friends and/or family post at EoFF? If so, who? If not, do any of them even know about it?

RSL
11-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Nope. I've never really told anyone about this place to be honest.

Yamaneko
11-11-2005, 01:18 AM
I know Sean. No the other one. He posts here every so often and lurks frequently. Kind of like the Sean we all know.

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
If I had any friends, they still wouldn't be here.

Psychotic
11-11-2005, 01:21 AM
No, but my family know about EoFF vaguely. They think you are a bunch of paedophiles who send me letters and are grooming me in order to lure me to places like Birmingham and Manchester and sodomise me. (even though I'm 18 and clearly too old for you perverts)

You know, I think when I come back from meetups unmolested (well...relatively) they are actually quite disappointed.

Rye
11-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Nope, no one really knows. My family would chop my head off because they think like Psy's family does, the paedo thing and all, and my friends aren't nerdy enough for Final Fantasy. :(

rubah
11-11-2005, 01:25 AM
If they do, I don't know about it.

Samuraid
11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
No. Some of my friends do visit the frontsite for game info though. :)

Primus Inter Pares
11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
ThroneofDravaris, he made the mistake of linking me once, so I joined to flame him and you people still haven't banned me properly.

Raistlin
11-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I don't know anyone offline from here. Nor does anyone I know offline even know of this place.

Both of those things I consider good things. :)

Erdrick Holmes
11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Just Ansem, that's about it.

Miriel
11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
My brother knows I post on a Final Fantasy forum, but he doesn't specifically know about EoFF.

None of my friends know. It's just not something that comes up.

Reine
11-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Well, i do have a few friends here, and an online little sister as well..

Psychotic
11-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Well, i do have a few friends here, and an online little sister as well..SURPRISE!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70887

kikimm
11-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Only one of my friends knows about this place. I wish she didn't.

My family knows I'm here, but they don't know it as "Eyes on Final Fantasy." My brother used to post here, actually, but that stopped after a month or so.

DarkLadyNyara
11-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Fireemblem776. He's my best friend, and we've known eachother since middle school. He got me into Final fantasy, EoFF, and 8-bit theater. Eventually, I'll give him his PSX and FF games back. ;)

Reles
11-11-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm sure my family has seen me post here from time to time, or briefly looked at the site, and I'm kind of at that age that I can do pretty much whatever I want and they can't say anything or make me stop. *shrugs* I wouldn't care anyway. Same with my friends. If they feel I'm stupid for talking to people over the Internet, then they shouldn't be my friend. So yes, any friend of mine pretty much knows about this site, and a few have even joined or want to join. I remember once someone was talking to me about my addiction to the Internet and talking to people online and this random girl basically insulted me for being a loser who could never have a real relationship with someone. So, it was all stupid, and they should get to know someone before judging them. So far no one I hang out thinks I'm a loser, but I don't feel obligated to keep things a secret, because this place is a big part of my life.

fire_of_avalon
11-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Matt and Alli post sometimes. Very rarely though. My dad knows I mod here but I don't think he knows what that means and Sarah reads over my shoulder. xD

Killy
11-11-2005, 02:45 AM
My friend Magus posts now and then, other than that, no.

Shlup
11-11-2005, 02:48 AM
No.

Okay, yes. Several. No one in my family though.

Chibi Youkai
11-11-2005, 02:52 AM
A few people. But most of them post at best sporadically.

Reine
11-11-2005, 03:00 AM
SURPRISE!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70887

YES, and him, my real life brother...but he doesnt count...:eep:

Xaven
11-11-2005, 03:08 AM
My brother knows I post on a Final Fantasy forum, but he doesn't specifically know about EoFF.

None of my friends know. It's just not something that comes up.
Same here.

My dad hates the idea of communication over the internet and has banned us from any and all chat programs and the likes. However, I tend to ignore that rule.

Shoeberto
11-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Over the course of five years, I'd imagine that my parents have seen me posting here and realize that this is the place I hang out online. My friends know all about my online exploits, but thank God, they don't actually post anywhere. I don't mind giving off a little anectdote here and there about something funny that happened, but I really, really wouldn't want any of them invading my space.

Meat Puppet
11-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Last time somebody I knew offline went to the same forum as I did, we ended getting our whole country banned! How patriotic. :cool:

Tasura
11-11-2005, 04:37 AM
none of my faily that i know of, imediate family anyway, nor none of my offline friends.

Shlup
11-11-2005, 04:49 AM
I should get my sister to post. She can spell pretty well now.

-N-
11-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Nope. I've never really told anyone about this place to be honest.

Yooniece
11-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Nobody, really. My fiance knows I post in some sort of forum but he doesn't see why. I guess the circle of people I travel in tend to be more outdoorsy and don't stay in much... and when they do, they hardly play any games that consume time like RPGs.

escobert
11-11-2005, 06:15 AM
My friends version of a wonderful video ame is madden so If I speak of Final Fantasy I get slapped and laughed upon for hours. And my family just picks on me if I talk about anything Final Fantasy related. They pretty much hate video games. They think they're a waste of time and you get nothing out of them. Meh my parents are just tv sloths though.

TheAbominatrix
11-11-2005, 06:18 AM
I should get my sister to post. She can spell pretty well now.

Do you <i>really</i> want her exposed to these fiends?

escobert
11-11-2005, 06:21 AM
yes!

Mittopotahis
11-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Well, Tsukasa has been my friend since year 1 (9 years now) and also another one of my friends joined as Kira_Aso. Posted about twice. goes on #eoff occasionally as Subaru occasionally apparantly. But i've never seen her. Oh well, her nets back up now, so we may see a little more of her.

Shlup
11-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Do you <i>really</i> want her exposed to these fiends?
Dude, it's Nicole. She'll be like "Sissy, this guys being a pisshead!"

Agent Proto
11-11-2005, 07:48 AM
My brothers know of this place, I don't think they care to join. That's just me.

No friends I know irl know of EoFF. :O

Old Manus
11-11-2005, 07:53 AM
$tea|th@$$@$$in

Brian The Pink Shark
11-11-2005, 07:55 AM
yes, ive managed to get quite a few people onto eoff, but only one regular member, SmittenKitten :D :choc:

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-11-2005, 08:36 AM
My sister Starlight Angel is the one who posts most regularily.

Steffox, a good friend of mine, posts primarily in the thread for our webcomic and occassionally in my Grand Tournaments, Fael, another friend of mine, just joined (probably to also post in the webcomic thread), a friend of mine from the newspaper I work on just joined as daemon4 to post in the tournaments, my friend Axelerise joined but barely posted, my friend Taiyou occassionally browses the forums, and my friend Star Child was the one who showed me this site, and the only reason I registered in the first place was to see what she was trying to say about how they screwed up Yuna in X-2.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?

Zeldy
11-11-2005, 08:44 AM
My offline friends still use text language :(

Rase
11-11-2005, 08:46 AM
My family knows I go here, and maybe a friend or two. None post here though, and I know no one in real life. Maybe someday I'll go to one of those "meet ups", if EoFF is still around at that time.

Rusty
11-11-2005, 08:55 AM
I think only my sister and my dad know I post here. None of my offline friends know about EoFF, none of them play video games anyway.

Loony BoB
11-11-2005, 10:53 AM
I totally forgot to answer my own question, so, in approximate order of appearance at EoFF...

Raven1073 - close friend in Auckland. He joined in 2000, a couple of weeks after me, posted regularly for a while (I think his name was simply 'Raven' then but he then lost his name in a prune) and then kind of slowed down and stopped.
Calliope - best friend in Auckland. Obviously still posts to this day.
ms_devli - cousin. Posts extremely sporadically. Wish she'd post more. :(
Tweety_ch1ck - Sister. Posts extremely sporadically.
driftwood_ - friend in Auckland. Didn't really post, got pruned.
Nandor - friend in Auckland. Posted a bit and left.
Mum - Mum! Posted, was awesome as always, then stopped and got pruned by some dumb admin >=( I think it was Shlup.
Loony JosH - Stepbrother, posted a bit and then stopped.

I think that's about it.

ZuZu
11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I have one friend in here, Drazik.

Social Moon Firesky
11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Lady Fidela of Confide & Blackmageboi - They're really good friends of mine, and we've known each other for about 5 years now. I used to live down the road from them, but then my meanie parents made us move to the middle of nowhere. Grrrrrrrrrr...Still, they come and visit us each year, which is totally awesome. :)

Resha
11-11-2005, 02:36 PM
No; my family don't even guess. I highly doubt they ever will. Let EoFF be my deep dark guilty secret. They think the Internet is made up of two things...no, three: Google, homework research and paedophiles. Guess which category y'all fall under? :(

My friends do know, but they can't be bothered to join and/or post, and I guess it's not their type of thing either.

It's cool with me. I'd prefer my offline and online lives to stay seperate, or else it'll get too confuzzling for me.

Shauna
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
My offline friends still use text language :(

Yeah... :p

None of my friends know about this. And, I think my family has seen me post on it.

My sister joined here... but, I think she made about 2 posts and disappeared forever. :p I still ask her about ever coming back here...

Brian The Pink Shark
11-11-2005, 04:19 PM
also i sorta know YEE in real life, in that we have met once :D :choc:

theundeadhero
11-11-2005, 05:11 PM
My Mom is registered here as Quiltpirate. I always forget about that and then she'll randomly make a post in one of my threads.

edczxcvbnm
11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
SURE!

Sephex
Dixie
LocalFlick
Enid

and most everyone knows of this place because I end up showing them funny stuff that gets posted...that doesn't happen here any more and hasn't for a while. That right is reserved for the good forums that actually post funny stuff. Like this picture of tails fucking the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of amy. That was some good photoshopping XD

Craig
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
My good friend Mike (Legion) just joined.

Caspian
11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
My friend Robert came here, but that was years ago.

Sasquatch
11-11-2005, 06:44 PM
My brother was on here, but he got banned. Oh well.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
my little brother joined just to annoy me and posted "you suck chris" in all my threads.

Ryth
11-11-2005, 08:51 PM
No, no offline friends or family post here, since none of them play FF and don't like chatting. Not to mention I try not to invite them here since we only have 1 computer I only want it to myself xD My parents know I talk to people online. They do know this place specifically though. As far as they're considered everyone on the net is a rapist.

tifa:one winged angel
11-11-2005, 11:34 PM
none of my friends knew about EoFF either until the other day and joined its dann

black orb
11-12-2005, 12:18 AM
>>> My offline friends and family dont know /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about English language so I doubt they will be hanging here..

Spiffing Cheese
11-12-2005, 01:41 AM
My family doesn't know. :D One of my offline friends joined, said, 'nyeh' in a newbie thread and never returned.

Calliope
11-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I totally forgot to answer my own question, so, in approximate order of appearance at EoFF...

Raven1073 - close friend in Auckland. He joined in 2000, a couple of weeks after me, posted regularly for a while (I think his name was simply 'Raven' then but he then lost his name in a prune) and then kind of slowed down and stopped.
Calliope - best friend in Auckland. Obviously still posts to this day.
ms_devli - cousin. Posts extremely sporadically. Wish she'd post more. :(
Tweety_ch1ck - Sister. Posts extremely sporadically.
driftwood_ - friend in Auckland. Didn't really post, got pruned.
Nandor - friend in Auckland. Posted a bit and left.
Mum - Mum! Posted, was awesome as always, then stopped and got pruned by some dumb admin >=( I think it was Shlup.
Loony JosH - Stepbrother, posted a bit and then stopped.

I think that's about it.

Everytime "Raven Nox" is online I get pissed because I think it's G, except it's nox. Also, I am the best, and you forgot Shaz.

Julie San got pruned, and I don't think Sandy loiters around here too much anymore. Jewels is a bit more frequent, though!

Infuriated_X
11-12-2005, 01:25 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=18117

Little Miss Awesome
11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
One of my best mates Carolyn comes here, and one of my other mates Earl is registered, but never came back after he did.
My Mam and Dad think I talk about things which affect the world, and how I feel about it :p It's their own idea, though. They think I talk to paedophiles and tell me I must be very careful and not give out personal details :D

Ohhh
11-12-2005, 01:47 PM
alternate_world

and it SCARED me :eep: so no i try not to let the two mix

Faris
11-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Nope, they're afraid of you.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-12-2005, 04:13 PM
my little brother joined just to annoy me and posted "you suck chris" in all my threads.

He still doesn't understand why he's been banned.

alternate_world
11-13-2005, 01:05 AM
alternate_world

and it SCARED me :eep: so no i try not to let the two mix
your my #1 fan

Levian
11-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Last time somebody I knew offline went to the same forum as I did, we ended getting our whole country banned! How patriotic. :cool:

Good times <3