PDA

View Full Version : Tidus' Mother

BG-57
11-11-2005, 02:13 AM
I have a couple of questions about Tidus' mother.

1) What's her name? Is it ever mentioned anywhere?

2) What does she look like? I don't have a convenient save near a scene with her in it.

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 02:17 AM
I don't think she had a name. As for her appearance, I don't think it was anything special. The face of any regular NPC. Of course, I don't remember, but it may have been similiar to Seymour's mother's face.

TheAbominatrix
11-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I dont remember them ever stating her name, but here she is.

Vaprice
11-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Never mention her name in the game. She's basically there to call back how much Tidus hates his father Jecht. Plus learning Jecht shot if you can re-call.

rubah
11-11-2005, 03:57 AM
She shows up int he farplane, doesn't she?

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 04:02 AM
She shows up int he farplane, doesn't she?

Yes. Sadly, I have no screenshots.

Big D
11-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Tidus' mother has no name... same with Seymour and Yuna. Though Yuna's mother never appears in the game. Cloud's mother shows her face in FFVII, yet is similarly anonymous, and even Yang's wife never gets identified... what is it with these anonymous maternal figures?

TheAbominatrix
11-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Women are meant to be seen and not named! *misogyny*

BG-57
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks TheAbominatrix. :)

The lack of living mothers is even worse in Tactics. :eep:

My theory is that mothers provide a stabilizing influence over their children's lives. So they are often eliminated by the scriptwriters so their children can become globetrotting vagabond orphans. And in most RPGs the party has to do a lot of wandering.

EDIT:

Big D, Yuna's mother does appear in one scene, standing next to Braska in the Farplane when Yuna first visits. Although I agree with your point.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
it's not jus some random NPC tho, she has been designed o look different to everyone else, tho not the the extent that the playable chars hav

TurkSlayer
11-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks TheAbominatrix. :)

The lack of living mothers is even worse in Tactics. :eep:

What, you mean the fact that Ramza and Alma's mother is only mention to talk about how they are Zalbag and Dycedarg's half siblings? How the father dies at the very beginning? (Though he had a name and is mentioned many times) How Delita and Teta's parents are dead? Algus' parents have no name either... Honestly, the only parent in the game who is actually shown often and has a name is Orlandu, and he only adopted Olan.

BG-57
11-11-2005, 09:12 PM
What, you mean the fact that Ramza and Alma's mother is only mention to talk about how they are Zalbag and Dycedarg's half siblings? How the father dies at the very beginning? (Though he had a name and is mentioned many times) How Delita and Teta's parents are dead? Algus' parents have no name either... Honestly, the only parent in the game who is actually shown often and has a name is Orlandu, and he only adopted Olan.

Yes. :D

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-14-2005, 04:09 AM
I have a couple of questions about Tidus' mother.

1) What's her name? Is it ever mentioned anywhere?

2) What does she look like? I don't have a convenient save near a scene with her in it.

1) i'am really not sure only played the aceimcan version

2) there is a couple scenes with her.. a faded scene of her is in the frist farplane visit you talk to yuna and then you start thinking about her and she appears.. also its in one or two others scenes

turkslayer: yes. sorry i dont have any pictures of her

hmm.. you don't.. karl probulacy does.. our one of those people in the "why beatix" forum... and might i say "WHOA!!" sweet pron... Lets open up a swimsuit ff post :laughing:

Tai-Ti
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
never really anilised this sortta thing before *thinks* It's got me more curious, i feel like i wanna know what her fave colour is now :D

TheSpoonyBard
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Tidus' mother has no name... same with Seymour[...]
Seymour's mother was called Anima, wasn't she?

BG-57
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Anima is the name of the Aeon that appears when her Fayth is summoned. But I'm not sure the human names of the Fayth are the same as their Aeon's.

For example, yojimbo means bodyguard in Japanese, which would be a strange name for a guy. :eep:

I think anima is the life force for females while animus is the life force for males.

Yew-Yevon
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Anima is the name of the Aeon that appears when her Fayth is summoned. But I'm not sure the human names of the Fayth are the same as their Aeon's.

For example, yojimbo means bodyguard in Japanese, which would be a strange name for a guy. :eep:

I think anima is the life force for females while animus is the life force for males.
I use to have a thread on this topic but it never got archived:(

BG-57
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
You mean on Aeon names?

Yew-Yevon
11-14-2005, 01:18 PM
and there origin... the first thread was called "the true story of Anima"

BG-57
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I've seen threads like that in General FF.

The only Aeon names that sounds like the names that people would have are the Magus sisters. But I doubt their names were Sandy, Cindy and Mindy in the original Japanese.

Old Manus
11-14-2005, 04:35 PM
1) i'am really not sure only played the aceimcan version
It's also in the eropuropen version

Russielloyd
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Though Yuna's mother never appears in the game.

True but Yuna has the whole family thing through the story.."Braska" being her farther, "Cid" being her Uncle and "Rikku" and "Brother" being her cousins.

Yew-Yevon
11-14-2005, 05:34 PM
yunas mother is in there......when u first go to the farplain.

Russielloyd
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah, i remember now.

My_Talim
11-24-2005, 04:12 AM
No it never mentions her name!

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah in the farplane, Yuna's mother appeared
then Tidus's mother appeared
the yuna said she's beautiful
or something