PDA

View Full Version : About Kadaj (spoilers)

Erdrick Holmes
11-11-2005, 02:16 AM
I watched a subbed version of this movie and something puzzled me.

Rufus threw the container of Jenova Cells and shot it causing it's contents to leak out. Kadaj caught the container and only managed to get a few drops on him. As he's fighting Cloud he eventually turns into Sephiroth. Does he actually turn into a real Sephiroth or does he just take on his apperance?

Vyk
11-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Appearance. I'm sure Masamune1600 or someone will explain in greater detail. But that's what Jenova does. Almost all sightings of Sephiroth in FF7 are Jenova taking on his form. Jenova just made Kadaj take on his form. Though the way Masamune explains it, it sounds like it's the same either way as Jenova and Sephiroth have like this mother/son telepathic link thing where their wills are basically the same.

Russielloyd
11-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Baring in mind that Kadaj is one-third of the former real Sephiroth.

I dont think Sephiroth can ever be real again but anyone with JENOVA cells and reunited with anypart of JENOVAS body recreating Sephiroth. Both his and JENOVAs will are the same as in wanting to bring dispair to the planet.

If only Spehiroth had knew the massive mistake in identity Professor Gast had made in his research of JENOVA, none of this would of ever happened. lol

Masamuneˇ1600
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Kadaj, effectively, really does turn into Sephiroth.

Kadaj is a Remnant of Sephiroth. This means that, as was also the case with Loz and Yazoo, he was formed when Sephiroth's body was blown apart following the final chain of events in the original game. Having been formed from Sephiroth, the three SHM are Sephiroth, in a sense, and instinctually desire to merge with JENOVA cells, which Kadaj does.

Sephiroth is, effectively, almost indistinguishable from JENOVA, as he was given JENOVA cells while still in the womb, and has thus become the conscious embodiment of JENOVA's immutable aims. The aims become more complicated in Sephiroth, but stay true to the quintessential "needs" of JENOVA.

This matters because Sephiroth's will is more important to his identity than his body. His identity is bound up in his personal perception--the silver haired man with the long sword--but the shape-altering qualities of JENOVA can replicate this completely (as seen with the Sephiroth forms encountered throughout the original game). His will, however, even though identical in fundamental goal to JENOVA, is unique, and therefore is necessary for JENOVA to fully manifest the form of Sephiroth. In being Remnants, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also manifested the thoughts/will of Sephiroth. Hence, Kadaj and the others are unknowingly subject (to a degree) to Sephiroth, embodied in their desire to bring about "Reunion." When, then, Kadaj merges his physical body (the biological material of Sephiroth, and, more importantly, the manifestation of Seph's thoughts and will), it is possible for a fully real Sephiroth to again realize himself on Gaia.

What this means, in the long run, is that Sephiroth can only truly die when all JENOVA cells are eliminated, and/or when it becomes impossible for him to manifest his will on Gaia. Some JENOVA cells likely still exist following AC, but it seems unlikely that there is any obvious way for Sephiroth to use them to again manifest himself.

As to the container, Joel, there is a point while Kadaj is falling (just before he "becomes" Sephiroth) where he plunges the contents of the container into his chest. Thus, he merges with the JENOVA cells, and Sephiroth returns.

Divine Comédie
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
In the game, the real Sephiroth is in the end, and when you give him the black materia... The others you can see (before a battle against Jenova) is Jenova. She is the one who kill Aeris, (or Aerith, I don't remember) she's ever on your way...
So kadaj don't turn into Sephiroth, It is always Jenova! (like Sephiroth in the game... you see?)

=> sorry for my mistakes, I'm French so...^^

Erdrick Holmes
11-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Ok, what about the Jenova still in Cloud's body. As he's down there fighting the others are on the airship. Tifa (If memory serves) mentions how Cloud is a larva and can become another Sephiroth.

Winter Nights
11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
No.. She was speaking of Kadaj. Not Cloud.

Markus. D
11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
As he's fighting Cloud he eventually turns into Sephiroth. Does he actually turn into a real Sephiroth or does he just take on his apperance?

the Jenova cell uses Kadaj as a vessal to animate Sephiroths thoughts, abilities and his twisted nostalgia.

Divine Comédie
11-25-2005, 10:22 AM
and this is not the case of cloud... why? he has Jenova's cell in him... So why isn't he like kadaj and the others?

Christmas
11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
In the game, the real Sephiroth is in the end, and when you give him the black materia... The others you can see (before a battle against Jenova) is Jenova. She is the one who kill Aeris, (or Aerith, I don't remember) she's ever on your way...
So kadaj don't turn into Sephiroth, It is always Jenova! (like Sephiroth in the game... you see?)

=> sorry for my mistakes, I'm French so...^^

If you noticed throughout the game when you fight the fake Sephiroth, you will end up fighting JENOVA instead unlike the last battle.

As shown clearly in the movie, the person that fought with Cloud is Sephiroth and isn't JENOVA since he didn't transform to JENOVA....

So if the Sephiroth in the movie is fake, it is most likely that he will transform into JENOVA to fight Cloud.

Kadaj:He... will return.

Rufus:...Sephiroth.

It is stated here that Kadaj indicate the return of Sephiroth instead of his mother.

Kadaj:I don't know Sephiroth.

Kadaj:Yeah, I just feel him!

Kadaj:It irritates me!

Kadaj:Me or Sephiroth, which does Mother...

Here further support it.

and this is not the case of cloud... why? he has Jenova's cell in him... So why isn't he like kadaj and the others?

Maybe you should go read Masamune∙1600'spost again .....

Kadaj, effectively, really does turn into Sephiroth.

Kadaj is a Remnant of Sephiroth. This means that, as was also the case with Loz and Yazoo, he was formed when Sephiroth's body was blown apart following the final chain of events in the original game. Having been formed from Sephiroth, the three SHM are Sephiroth, in a sense, and instinctually desire to merge with JENOVA cells, which Kadaj does.

Sephiroth is, effectively, almost indistinguishable from JENOVA, as he was given JENOVA cells while still in the womb, and has thus become the conscious embodiment of JENOVA's immutable aims. The aims become more complicated in Sephiroth, but stay true to the quintessential "needs" of JENOVA.

This matters because Sephiroth's will is more important to his identity than his body. His identity is bound up in his personal perception--the silver haired man with the long sword--but the shape-altering qualities of JENOVA can replicate this completely (as seen with the Sephiroth forms encountered throughout the original game). His will, however, even though identical in fundamental goal to JENOVA, is unique, and therefore is necessary for JENOVA to fully manifest the form of Sephiroth. In being Remnants, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also manifested the thoughts/will of Sephiroth. Hence, Kadaj and the others are unknowingly subject (to a degree) to Sephiroth, embodied in their desire to bring about "Reunion." When, then, Kadaj merges his physical body (the biological material of Sephiroth, and, more importantly, the manifestation of Seph's thoughts and will), it is possible for a fully real Sephiroth to again realize himself on Gaia.

Cloud isn't created or born the same way as they are if you have played the game.

For further references:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/657/657331p1.html