PDA

View Full Version : What sports do you play?

Primus Inter Pares
11-11-2005, 05:24 AM
While I think that sport is such a dirty word, and I would prefer using the term "Useless recreational activities" I'll let this one slip.

That being said, back in the gulags, we had aquired a two German WWII helmets which we had combined together to make a ball, which we would kick barefooted in the snow. The old gallows from the days of Stalin remained and worked marvellously as goal posts once we had dismantled them. To increase the excitement; Igor, the old drunk guard demoted for pilfering several hundred gallons of Vodka from the Politibureau while he was stationed there, would take pot shots at us as we ran through the minefields. This is where frostbite comes in handy, being not able to feel the cold, or the hard tin ball could make you very good at the game. which unfortunately we never got around to making rules for.

This is where my memory fades, it might have something to do with the underground atomic testing that occured in the forests to the north. Who needed a vibrating bed with that handy? We were constantly warned about the evils of capitalism while we were gambling for Vodka with Igor. None of us really remember why we were put there, but I did suspect it had something to do with that game.

EDIT: Damn you smilie count limit making me create a thread and then not being able to do what was wanted ;_;

Xaven
11-11-2005, 05:28 AM
Read my title.

Meat Puppet
11-11-2005, 06:28 AM
sometimes I change the channel on the television when I have lost my remote.
that's kind of competitive I guess (can set and break records, solo sport (no))

Mittopotahis
11-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Sports? What language do you speak in?

The Captain
11-11-2005, 06:46 AM
I generally try to play a wide variety of sports including basketball, baseball, football (American), football (soccer), tennis, volleyball, hiking, sprinting, jogging, swimming and biking.

Take care all.

Sir Krelian
11-11-2005, 06:46 AM
If you count sitting as a sport...I am a true MVP.

Yooniece
11-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Cross country running, swimming, tennis, basketball and volleyball (my high school team sports). I love pick-up football (American) and soccer games too =)

I'm very serious about surfing and I also like to snowboard. =)

Rainecloud
11-11-2005, 07:03 AM
I enjoy swimming, but I don't get much chance to go these days.

Tennis used to be a hobby of mine, but that also fell by the wayside. :/

Shlup
11-11-2005, 07:08 AM
You stole my answer, fucker.

Old Manus
11-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Extreme hardcore mega cheese rolling (http://www.cheese-rolling.co.uk/)

Spatvark
11-11-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't very often any more, but I used to play Football (Soccer to you dumb yanks), Rugby, Tennis, Field Hockey, Street Hockey and Moshing (How long can *you* survive the circle pit o' hell?). I also run two miles most days.

Zeldy
11-11-2005, 09:51 AM
I used to do cross country and Netball.
But I had bad experiances with both and lost Interest. Especially Netball, I have a scar to prove it

I do no sports except when Im made to in school

Jewels
11-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Still play netball. Been playing that since I was 7 and I still enjoy how competitive it can get.

Reine
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
I used to play soccer, but i sucked, and I was quite good at hockey, but over the years, a thing called "Playstation" came into my life, reducing all interest in physical activity. Then, "Final Fantasy" and "RPGs" came into my life....and then "Internet"

My life is sent sitting in chairs and lying on beds :/

KoShiatar
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I...uh...are mattress jump, fridge assault and sofa swimming considered as sports? No, seriously, I only like to take long walks. I'm really bad at any sport.

SammieBabe
11-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I used to dance competitively... and trust me that was sport... Now I don't play much of anything,but I enjoy a good game of Hockey and ocasionally American football..

Resha
11-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I play basketball! <3 basketball, it's hilariously fun. I play netball too, to some extent, and then some footy - but at footy I'm absolutely rubbish, and good for nothing save tripping the person with the ball up xD And horse-riding, I LOVE horse-riding. Best thing in the world ever.

I'm not sportive at all, but I enjoy stuff. Especially basketball and horse-riding. :love:

Rusty
11-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't play with any teams. But when summer comes around, playing Aussie rules and cricket is awesome. I really enjoy netball, I'd like to join a team again soon. Horse-riding I love. Also swimming. I swim a lot. I suppose every does in the summer over here. You almost live at the pool/beach. But I don't mind freezing in the winter to do a couple of laps of the pool :p

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-11-2005, 02:22 PM

Shaun
11-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I've pretty much gone of sports. I only like to do stuff in spare time that I benefit from. I just don't see the point in sports. And they take it far too serious in England. Especially football. Just a little TOO mainstream for me, I guess.

edczxcvbnm
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
WALLYBALL!

Sare
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I dance salsa. It's fun and once you let go and surrender yourself to the music and the rythm..tsah..I can't describe the warm feeling I get. Just amazing.
I used to play basketball when I was little. I still would, but I'm so very small.

mpjunior36
11-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Nothing now that I am out of school. In High School I was captain of the wrestling team and also played football. My college didn't have either sport, so that kinda ended my sports career. I love to play catch, but that's about the only sporty thing I do now! Unless you count working out as a sport.

Oh, and anyone who honestly thinks sports are "useless recreatinal activities" doesn't understand the true meaning of sports. Or they hate jocks. Or they just really really suck at them ;) Hopefully you were kidding, Primus! If not, I'll let you slide...this time :)

kikimm
11-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I do not, under any circumstances, play sports. Sports are weird.

Pumping iron at the gym, however, is a whole nother thing entirely.

Strider
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
I play football every once in a great while with a bunch of my friends.

Aphelion
11-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Just soccer.

crashNUMBERS
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't play sports in teams with a coach and crap. I just play when I go over a friends house for the fun of it. We usually play Basket Ball, Soccer, Football, or any other wacky sport we make up.

GunbladeMaster
11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
basketball, track, videogames

Mitch
11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
I play touch

Slade
11-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Played soccer a bit back in the day and Squash. Squash is a great game.

Mittopotahis
11-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I play touch

you can touch me anyday

Leeza
11-12-2005, 03:29 AM
I really don't like any sports except Golf because in Golf you're only competing against yourself and the best part is that you get to take nice long walks. Walking would be the only sport that I enjoy doing. Either on the golfcourse or my my treadmill. I hated PE and tried to get out of it whenever possible. :cat:

Mittopotahis
11-12-2005, 03:31 AM
I really don't like any sports except Golf because in Golf you're only competing against yourself and the best part is that you get to take nice long walks. Walking would be the only sport that I enjoy doing. Either on the golfcourse or my my treadmill. I hated PE and tried to get out of it whenever possible. :cat:

Golf shouldn't be classified as a sport. It's a high risk lazy-person's activity.

But all the while fun.

escobert
11-12-2005, 07:01 AM
If you count sitting running from cops as a sport...I am a true MVP.

Miriel
11-12-2005, 07:38 AM
I used to dance competitively... and trust me that was sport...

Too true.

Chaos
11-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I play hockey, field hockey...not your wussy American ice version...oh no.

xDD

I play it badly, but pfft, that doesnt matter.

Chaos

escobert
11-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I play hockey, field hockey...not your wussy American ice version...oh no.

xDD

I play it badly, but pfft, that doesnt matter.

Chaos
Wussy american version xD? We have field hockey over here. :p

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 05:17 PM
you can touch me anyday
I can handle that

Destai
11-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I suck at sports. I'd rather stand dead still at the edge of the basketball court than even try to take part. I like the easy sports like jogging and swimming. Walking if that counts. We got to try all these unusual sports for an extra P.E. class every wednesday when I was in 1st year at secondary/high school. Like long jump and pole vaulting. They were fun because just about everyone was equally clueless at them.

I really enjoyed doing handball for P.E. last year because about 12 people played and the rest sat around talking and trying not toget caught when a teacher came to the courts looking foe people who forgot there P.E. gear to send them inside. Good times.