PDA

View Full Version : WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 Released Today.

Rainecloud
11-11-2005, 07:08 AM
... for those in Europe, at least. You unlucky Americans/Canadians will have to wait 'till Monday to get your greasy mits on a copy.

Is anyone actually buying the game this year? *nudges Del, MoonZapdos and a couple of other closet Wrestling fans*

It's looking good, and I'm collecting my pre-ordered copy from Game this afternoon.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/images/Products/PT2030_box.jpg

Please discuss.

Black Mage FF1
11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Yep I will be getting this game. However, I live in America so I have to wait until tuesday :(. Monday is the ship day so most likely no store will actually have it until tuesday. This game looks amazing. It seems that they actually got it right this time. I cant wait. I already have it all paid off. So once it comes out, all I gotta do is pick it up. Oh and Rainecloud, when you get the game today. You mind if I ask you some questions about it? There are some things I want to know about it. :cool:

Aphelion
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
...I'm not getting it. I'm not a wrestling fan, and I don't have money right now, so...It's a no, at least for now.

Black Mage FF1
11-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Ugh, I just found out that I have to work Tuesday. So with school plus an 8 hour work day, I will have no time to pick it up :( . I hope that my game crazy gets it on Monday. But I doubt it.

DK
11-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I will, I've got every game in this series so far. I hope that they've finally made a decent story mode this time.

Black Mage FF1
11-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I will, I've got every game in this series so far. I hope that they've finally made a decent story mode this time.

Well in the IGN review (they gave the game a 9.2 outa 10) they said that the storymode is the best and worst one ever. They said it is very fun to play through, the voice overs are great and the story is very good. But they said it is the most linear one there is. And it will get boring very fast, they said you have little to no choices to make during it. Hopefully the GM mode makes up for this.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-13-2005, 04:17 AM
I know there are lots of characters in it. Does anyone know if they're going to have new people in it like Bobby Lashley?

Meat Puppet
11-13-2005, 12:01 PM
12 more days for me!

Black Mage FF1
11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
God. I was hoping that I might be able to get this game today, but of course. Crappy Game Crazy says they wont get it until tomorrow (eb has it though, why doesnt game crazy?). So I have to wait until tomorrow. The best part is that I have to work 8 hours tomorrow after school so I will have no time to pick it up.:mad2: This is the last time I pre - order anything from game crazy. I have to wait until after school wednesday to get the game :( .

Jowy
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Don't blame the store, blame UPS, FedEx, or whoever sends it.

DK
11-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Just played my first match on this game, and I have a few issues.

1. The control system. Why mess with something that was already fine? It took me a while to figure out how to Irish whip people. And when you do Irish whip people they have an annoying tendancy to go over the ropes more often than not, and vice versa.

2. The camera. It's zoomed it way too far when you're fighting someone one on one, i don't know about other matches yet. I was using Kane vs Triple H and half of the time Kanes head was cut off by the camera.

3. The Momentum system. The best thing about the Smackdown meter was the ability to charge it and bust out a Finisher in desperate situations. With this if you get owned you lose all your momentum and have to build it over again. Also you have to press L1 and L2 to Store your finishers instead of it being automatic. I didn't realise this at first and the finisher disappeared. That just seems like a stupid change to me.

4. The game speed. Maybe it's just 'cause I was using Kane, but it seems helluva slow compared to previous games. I'll check this more in a bit.

There are some positives, though. Graphics are great, commentating is alright. The options mode is very detailed. The best thing is, you can mess with computer A.I settings and more importantly, Reversal rates. This is a godsend because I left them all at the default level and Triple H countered 4 out of 5 finishers in that last match so that rate is going right down. :}

I'm gonna play some more. This is just my first impression.

Pouring Rain
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
YAY! *will ask for it for Christmas*

Black Mage FF1
11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Don't blame the store, blame UPS, FedEx, or whoever sends it.

Well it doesnt really make sense to me how eb (the one near me)always gets there games on the ship days while game crazy (^^^)doesnt get them till like the day after or sometimes 2 days after.

Oh and to the people who already have the game. I got a couple questions

First is on online,

Can two people play on the same/one PS2 Online? Like on the madden and NBA live games?

Does Christian have the >C< on his tights? Or are they still plain?

Do they still play music during the matches?

Thats all I really want to know right now,:cool:

DK
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Don't have PS2 online, haven't used christian yet, I don't know about music because the soundtrack is a pile of shite and I turned it off after it killed me during create a character mode. The reversal amount is already starting to get on my nerves. B)

Rainecloud
11-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Can two people play on the same/one PS2 Online? Like on the madden and NBA live games?

No. There are more match modes to choose from, but it's one player only at the moment.

Does Christian have the >C< on his tights? Or are they still plain?

They're plain. However, most of the wrestlers have alternate attires that you can unlock. Perhaps Christian has another set of pants. *shrug*

Do they still play music during the matches?

Yes, but you can turn it off in the menu if you wish.

Alrighty. Any more questions? Fire away. However, my recommendation would be for you to buy the game. The modifications do take a little bit of getting used to, but the changes are all fantastic in my opinion, and I love the new irish-whip feature. :)

Buy it. Buy it now.

Zell>Everything
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
I can tell you this is easily the gltchiest in the series to date. The graphics are a lil smoother, but the finisher system, well, is a little weak. The finishers don't feel special anymore. Haven't got round to story mode yet, but I've seen a lil, and it's all chapterised which is a nice change. Oh, custom entrances, as well as voice selection for your peep is nice, though the voices are damn limited. Anyway, that's all.
Later kupo! ^_^

DK
11-15-2005, 05:39 PM
'kay so now i'm doing story mode with John Cena and having a lot more fun. The legends tour scenario is great. Even though it was just a game the Undertaker music kicking in and the arena going dark and him turning up in the ring still made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I don't know what the hell they did to Stone Cold, though, it looks like they've made his neck out of rubber. It's no wonder he buggered it up if it was like that all the time.

Edit: Stone Colds promo in this game is an absolute classic Stone Cold, I was laughing my ass off.

Cloud No.9
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
i dunno. it's seems slowwer now. and a bit more sticky in a way. and i don't get the momentum system. it makes finishers far too easy. can manage to pull of 5 in a match and still not pin. doesn't feel quite as strong either when you do them.

KuRt
11-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I´m getting it, oh boy, I´m so surely geeting it

DK
11-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Having played it a lot more, I'm quite into it now. I still have a few gripes though. Thankfully so far the story mode hasn't been a disappointment, it's been quite fun. Does it seem to anyone else that they've slowed weapon speed down now? I don't like that it takes about 3 seconds for weapon shots to connect.

Doomie
11-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I still think Smackdown One is the best. =}