PDA

View Full Version : Gun

Dreddz
11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
No one can say this dosent look good, im pre ordering this, looks like Red Dead, but better, discuss .....

Lindy
11-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I hear it's a good game, but it's too fast (like, six hours fast) and lacks story.

Maybe a tempting rent.

radyk05
11-11-2005, 10:28 PM
it looks very nice. im think i'll buy it (its been a long time since i bought a game).

Dreddz
11-11-2005, 10:43 PM
If its anything like Red Dead, Im gonna love it .......

Shoeberto
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I have this prediction that Wild West is going to be the new European Theater of WWII.

Lindy
11-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey, it'll make a change.

For like, a month, then we'll be drowned in Heroes of the Wild West : Pacific Assault.

Shoeberto
11-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Third Reich Secret Offenses: Defend the Alamo!

Lindy
11-12-2005, 01:45 AM
I'd laugh if only it wasn't true.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2005, 03:38 AM
I hear also that it's just too short. But I'll be renting it out sometime in the next week or two, which seems to be the wisest investment, especially considering how short it is supposed to be.

So did anyone play Darkwatch? I was totally not surprised when it turned out to be a Nazi genetic engineering plot crossed with time travel.

TurkSlayer
11-12-2005, 03:44 AM
I hear it's a good game, but it's too fast (like, six hours fast) and lacks story.

Maybe a tempting rent.

I bolded that line because I thought it was interesting. You see, I saw the presentation for this game on G4 and they talked about how they did a lot of research on Wild West books and even hired a professional scriptwriter inorder to make the story as indepth as could be.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-12-2005, 03:57 AM
I think I am going too rent this game too. It is supposed to be a western Grand Theft Auto. Made by the same people. Looks fun, but I dont think it is worth buyinmg cause' of the mentioned shortness of story.

Markus. D
11-12-2005, 04:31 AM
it looks and sounds blasphemically crudful..... devil may cry 3 till we die :)

Dreddz
11-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Gamespot gave it an average score, Im still looking forward to it, they gave Red Dead the same score baisically, and they were wrong, very wrong ......

Lindy
11-12-2005, 05:16 PM
I bolded that line because I thought it was interesting. You see, I saw the presentation for this game on G4 and they talked about how they did a lot of research on Wild West books and even hired a professional scriptwriter inorder to make the story as indepth as could be.
So?

From what I've seen they rush the story, such as when the main character becomes a Sherriff, instead of having a variety of interesting story-based missions around that, they just dump it and rocket onto another part. The game moves at such a speed you can get no feeling for any of the characters.

Just because they hired a professional scriptwriter, doesn't mean it has a good story. Hollywood action movies use professional scriptwriters too, and how many of them have great story?

Research + professionals != quality story

Vaprice
11-12-2005, 09:15 PM
This game is a rent. It's really easy and fun. You learn a lot from it and whatnot. A lot of good voice acting. I liked it, very recommended on renting it.

Blackmageboi
11-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I loved Red dead Revolver and Gun looks just as good.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2005, 12:49 AM
I rented it today. I've not had the chance to play it yet, but once I get some time with it I'll give a report.

Dreddz
11-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Im buying it, even if you beat it in a rent, I usually play games twice if there really good but too short .....

Madame Adequate
11-15-2005, 08:22 PM
No, trust me, rent this. It's an excellent game, and I have got a completion rating of like 95% after a couple of day's playing. I've finished the main story, all the side missions except a couple more poker tournaments, and I have a handful of gold veins to find yet. That's it. If the game was thrice the size and length, I'd be looking to buy, but as it is, it's only worth a rental. Which is a shame, because what is there really is good stuff...

Dreddz
11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
If its good, ill replay it later in the future once ive beaten it.....
So im still buying, but Ive hit a problem, Im getting SC3 this friday, and I wont have any money for Gun, crapoodles .....

escobert
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Played it a little last night. Fun but nothing special.

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
I think its out today or next week, well SC3 took priority, but Gun shall earn his place in my shelf soon come. Ive got the money needed ....
And Dont try and turn me off this game, Im definately getting it. I just like to know that this is what they said about Red Dead Revolver .....

Markus. D
11-18-2005, 11:13 PM
i dont mean to be in here.... my "Gunz" topic became locked cause one of Cids knights this was the game i was talking about.... *remakes topic with games full name*