tidus_rox
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
They say ffxii is squares last ff true?:confused:

Jowy
11-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Nobody said that.

Winter Nights
11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Wrong forum AGAIN. And it's just a rumor with no standing.

Shoeberto
11-11-2005, 11:17 PM
FFXII threads go in the FFXII forum.

boys from the dwarf
11-12-2005, 07:00 AM
definetly not. im very certain that they will make FFs for PS3.

TurkSlayer
11-12-2005, 08:37 AM
No. No its not.

Slothy
11-12-2005, 01:34 PM
It's already been confirmed that they're planning on another FF for the PS3.

Look at it this way, Final Fantasy is still a series that sells tremendously well, and as long as it's making money, Square's got no reason to stop pumping them out.

Hayate
11-12-2005, 02:10 PM
No. You were told the wrong information man. This is absolutley not the last FF. I mean think about the PS3 it will have a more of wide range of power to work with and who could resist to make an awesome FF game for that console. :D

Lost Number
11-12-2005, 02:20 PM
There are already The FF7 compiliations on the way, plus ff3 for the ds. Square enix are making so much money they have to make another.

ThroneofDravaris
11-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, Square-Enix has confirmed that FFXII will be the final installment in the main Final Fantasy series. You can read the article here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucker).

Russielloyd
11-12-2005, 02:35 PM
The is a binding contract that square have to make upto FF13 on the playstation, i dont know if that contract has been extended for more FF games on the Playstation but FF12 is will not be the last one.

I wouldnt be suprized if FF13 was in ideas room now.

DJZen
11-12-2005, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Final Fantasy XIII was being PROGRAMMED right now.

tidus_rox
11-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Well someother guy on this other forum told me that Xii would be the last one srry i geuss im rong:mad: :rolleyes2

Yuffie514
11-13-2005, 07:35 AM
for me, Final Fantasy is always "too young to die". and do games really die? revivals are not uncommon. if music is a great, then so is video-games...lasting thru centuries and perhaps as long as music itself...

DJZen
11-13-2005, 08:12 AM
No, but a little part of my soul dies every time I play Blood Rayne... does that count?

TheAbominatrix
11-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Well someother guy on this other forum told me that Xii would be the last one srry i geuss im rong:mad: :rolleyes2

You have to understand the amount of posts all of us see on this. A little research and a bit of forethought can usually answer the question. And I dont mean that to sound rude, honest :)

Every FF game that comes out is rumored to be the last one. That's the miracle of the internet.

Russielloyd
11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
If time does ever come, which i hope it doesnt, the last title would prob be called something like "The Final Fantasy"

DJZen
11-13-2005, 07:36 PM
"Final Fantasy: We REALLY Mean It This Time, Promise!"

Markus. D
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
this isnt the last one, they are makeing an ffxi for the ps3.

not to mention all the ffvii parodies.

edit: Erm... i mean Xbox360.

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Yes, Square-Enix has confirmed that FFXII will be the final installment in the main Final Fantasy series. You can read the article here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucker).

I think you might have mis-read the article, my firend. They have already said (on this site, no less) that FFXIII will be for the PS3. I'm thinking the article you read said that FFXII will be the last on the PS2.

w00t

Slothy
11-23-2005, 06:49 PM
I think you might have mis-read the article, my firend. They have already said (on this site, no less) that FFXIII will be for the PS3. I'm thinking the article you read said that FFXII will be the last on the PS2.

w00t

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so I'll ask anyway: did you actually click the link?

Rogue
11-26-2005, 06:22 PM
gosh guys its probley never gonna end there making too much money which is good ever body says ever sense ff3(ffa 5@6 bundle)they always been a fourm this is probley gonna be the last one. gosh stop its not gonna be the end for awhile
in less that dang dragon quest game that sucks will probley end up geting in final fantasys way i hate enix i always have(sorry enix fans) final fantasy 7 advent children and ff12 has been delayed how many times GOSH and dragon quest 8 was not delayed once the dragon quest series is probley gonna end ff if ff ever ends

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-27-2005, 02:55 AM
I heard in Beckett Anime that it was, like 3 years ago, and that's proven not to be valid.

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
i'm hoping that what they meant was that they're not gonna make a thirteen but more spinoff things like FFT. Because i am BOYCOTTING the PS3!!! I will NOT buy one. I just got my ps2!! well, not my ps2 my brother's which i use. so see? i don't even have a ps2!

Winter Nights
12-14-2005, 10:57 PM
i'm hoping that what they meant was that they're not gonna make a thirteen but more spinoff things like FFT. Because i am BOYCOTTING the PS3!!! I will NOT buy one. I just got my ps2!! well, not my ps2 my brother's which i use. so see? i don't even have a ps2!
Then, you'd have to buy an Xbox 360 or Revolution. After next year, when Revolution and PS3 comes out.. You're not gonna be playing any new games without a new system.

Crossblades
12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Final Fantasy is one of those series that will last forever, like Transformers, Power Rangers, Pokemon, etc.

Dr.M
12-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Final Fantasy is one of those series that will last forever, like Transformers, Power Rangers, Pokemon, etc.

quiet,ture. but pokemon and power rangers, etc kinda lost their spark and the storys just keept repeting or they just add new charters to th mix. if ff goes that way (let's hope that it dosn't) then let all hell break loose. Seriouly, final fantasy is an icon of the gaming world. it was ff7 that gave rpg's a name to be proud of. It was ffx that streched the ps2's graph capablity to new and brethtaking place. and i sure that everyone here has had a gaming moment that is still with them(soz,that sound mushy) anyway i really don't think square-enix has finished with ff yet.

lone_berserker
12-30-2005, 01:29 AM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2002/103002a.html

I think this will answer your question about FFXIII, although nothing lasts forever XD.

Winter Nights
12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Ermm.. that link is dated "Q4 - 2002". They hadn't even merged with Enix yet. It even lists a release date for FFXII as being sometime in 2003. I'm quite sure that data is no longer valid now.

strider7
12-30-2005, 11:14 AM
noway you know how rich mr Hironobu Sakagushi is getting of his FF games (white all respect of him offcoures) FF games are world popular
there always nr 1 in rpg well for me

Winter Nights
12-30-2005, 06:56 PM
FFX was the last FF that Sakaguchi was involved with. He has long since left the company.

Zeromus_X
12-30-2005, 07:50 PM
they stopped being great when XI came out... none of the original people are involved anymore. (the tactics people made XII, i believe.) theyll be making these til the end of time, even if they arent good...:choc2: :rolleyes2

but yeah...."Final Fantasy XXIV: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just Kidding. :D :"

Ouch!
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
they stopped being great when XI came out... none of the original people are involved anymore. (the tactics people made XII, i believe.) theyll be making these til the end of time, even if they arent good...:choc2: :rolleyes2

Blasphemy! That's exactly why FFXII is going to be so awesome! Besides, new people doesn't mean the quality is going to go down the drain. New people means fresh new ideas. It's a chance to evolve the series even further. It'll keep many of the aspects that have existed in Final Fantasy for a long time. I expect that it'll be quite a long while before there's a Final Fantasy title without a moogle, chocobo, and/or airship. Change isn't always a bad thing.

Zeromus_X
12-30-2005, 08:38 PM
i suppose...i just dont like what SE's been doing lately. so many ff sequels/prequels...all these remakes of games...these all seem like distractions. but the thing that really made me panic was the fact that ffXII had a real-time battle system. (which, for the main numbered ffs, is a real change.) they did add that for ffXi, but a great majority of people i know dont even count that as a real ff game anyway.

now for ffXII's battle system, if it were like SO, id like it, but its just weird how it works...

the game my win me if it has a good story (which they usually do.) , but i doubt itd have the same magnitude as the original ffT's story. (ill probably just read a plot analysis to see how the story is.)

ffX-2 was a direct sequel to an ff game, ffXi was a real-time, MMORPG, with none of the original people working on it. ffXII 's gonna be a real-time (sort of...) rpg made by the tactics people. i wish i could be positive like everyone else, but all of this is just so alarming.

and anyway, its just what i think. ill probably stop playing the newer ffs after this one...:choc2:

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Who's "They"? anyway I strongly think that this will NOT BE the last one...well hopefully not anyway.

Dark_Mage_Palom
01-16-2006, 06:15 AM
I kinda hope this is the last FF since Hironobu Sakaguchi &
Nobuo Uematsu left, with them gone I fear SE will mess up the FF name
there already doing this with with all the FFVII spinoffs and FFX sequel

I really think nothing good has come out from Square-enix(KH2 looks promising)

I miss the good old Squaresoft days :(

ill probably stop playing the newer ffs after this one...:choc2:

I'm with you on this one Mistwalker is my new RPG source now