PDA

View Full Version : Gonna play FF III soon

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Pretty soon, my older bro is gonna do a major upgrade to my PC. He's gonna add an NES emulator and I plan to play FF III on it. Here's are the characters names and classes that I plan to use throughout the whole game

Adam - Fighter > Knight > Paladin
Sanji - Monk > Karate Master > Ninja
Chacon - Black Mage > Black Wizard > Sage
Rebecca(In my mind, this 4th character is a female) - White Mage > White Wizard > Sage or Summoner

Will I be fine throughout the whole game if I stick with these classes?

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Too bad all the FF3 Classes are male...

and I doubt that name would fit...it might... think there's a six-letter limit...

Reine
11-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Everyone just uses two Ninjas and two Sages by the end...although by all means use that party!

DJZen
11-12-2005, 01:19 AM
There's parts of the game where you wouldn't be fine. Certain classes are useful when the plot forces them to be.

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 02:34 AM
There's parts of the game where you wouldn't be fine. Certain classes are useful when the plot forces them to be.

What do you mean?

DJZen
11-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Like there's this one boss that can only be hurt by Geomancers.

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 03:08 AM

You freakin serious?!

And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch jobs:mad2:

Vyk
11-12-2005, 03:21 AM
You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad :D

http://www.zophar.net/nes.html

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 03:28 AM
You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad :D

http://www.zophar.net/nes.html

No. It's just my PC has been busted for a while and my bro hasn't had a chance to fix it(using a laptop btw). And I told him when he fixes it, to add emulators

Fire_Emblem776
11-12-2005, 04:46 AM
You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad
lol

Please don't post unless you have something to add that would be constructive and helpful. lol does not fit that criteria. ~ Leeza

11-12-2005, 07:52 AM
You freakin serious?!

And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch jobs:mad2:

Then play FF5, I haven't gotten very far in FF3, but I read up that you will forced to switch classes... well, you won't be FORCED to, it's more like, in the beginning, a White Mage, a Red Mage, and two fighters and then in order to stay alive, you gotta switch jobs...

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Then play FF5, I haven't gotten very far in FF3, but I read up that you will forced to switch classes... well, you won't be FORCED to, it's more like, in the beginning, a White Mage, a Red Mage, and two fighters and then in order to stay alive, you gotta switch jobs...

I beat FF V and I really want to play FF III

The only classes I only wanted to switch into was the upgraded classes of Monk, Fighter, etc.

ThroneofDravaris
11-12-2005, 02:22 PM
lol

Please don't post unless you have something to add that would be constructive and helpful. lol does not fit that criteria. ~ Leeza

….lol

Anyway, I would just wait for the DS version personally. I’ve tried to play this game numerous times; usually I get bored after I kill the first boss.

Stupid NES generation with there crappy plots and even worse graphics…

Yeargdribble
11-12-2005, 02:45 PM
….lol

Anyway, I would just wait for the DS version personally. I’ve tried to play this game numerous times; usually I get bored after I kill the first boss.

Stupid NES generation with there crappy plots and even worse graphics…

If you are gonna be a graphics whore don't try to hide that fact by attacking the plot of a game when you've not made it past the first 5-10 minutes of said game. FF III is marvel plotwise especially for NES and for the time the graphics weren't bad.

As for picking classes and sticking with them you will find it very difficult. Basically in the beginning you will have to have a nice balanced party and not far in you will be in a situation where all melee jobs are useless and you'll need all mages. I remember a point a little further in the game where it is next to impossbile to proceed without 4 Dragoons.

By the end of the game you will probably end up with a combination of Ninja's and Sages because one thing that limits the job system of FF III is that the jobs are definately not equal and some are just upgrades of others. FF V was much more balanced in this respect.

Or by the end if you wanna be a god get 4 FEOKs and you won't even need mages. You will own everything with your stupefying damage and be next to untouchable.

ThroneofDravaris
11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
If you are gonna be a graphics whore don't try to hide that fact by attacking the plot of a game when you've not made it past the first 5-10 minutes of said game. FF III is marvel plotwise especially for NES and for the time the graphics weren't bad.

BUT IT DIDN’T HAVE SEPHIROTH!!

:p

Sir Bahamut
11-12-2005, 03:11 PM

Uh, no there isn't =P

There is however a boss where you're more or less forced to use Dragoons, and you have to fight one boss while Minied, meaning you pretty much have to use an all mage party, and there's a boss who you'll probably want to scan, meaning you'll probably have to make one character Scholar. There's also a dungeon where M.Knights are a must, but besides that, it's fine.

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Alright I made my decision. i'm gonna stick with these classes through the whole game

Adam - Fighter > Knight > Paladin
Sanji - Monk > Karate Master > Ninja
Chacon - Black Mage > Black Wizard > Sage
Rebecca(In my mind, this 4th character is a female) - White Mage > White Wizard > Sage or Summoner

It might make the game hard, but I never back down from a challenge:)

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Good luck. FFIII is, in my opinion, the best FF...

DJZen
11-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Uh, no there isn't =P

Apparently someone hasn't heard of hyperbole...

KoShiatar
11-12-2005, 09:36 PM
If you decide to stick to classes, then it will be a challenge. Some bosses in the game are designed to be beaten by a particular class (No. Not geomancers), like the others just said. And there are a couple of dungeons where enemies will double every time you hit them, unless you can kill them in one blow or you are a Mystic Knight.

DJZen
11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
The only "others" saying that was me, and that was a bit of silliness.

crashNUMBERS
11-13-2005, 03:58 AM
Apparently someone hasn't heard of hyperbole...
I know I haven't

11-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Rebecca will not fit, there is a six letter limit!

Crossblades
11-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Rebecca will not fit, there is a six letter limit!

"Rebeca" will have to do then:)

Sir Bahamut
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh, you were joking, sorry.

Anyway, why are you deciding upon which classes to use on beforehand? This isn't FF1, you can change jobs whenever you want to, you know, and if it's your first time playing the game, wouldn't you want to explore many different job combinations? Many times you'll find other parties far more capable than the pre-set combinations you've set out.

Although by all means, play the game the way you feel like, but I just don't see the point in deciding on beforehand.

DJZen
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it actually works better to constantly switch off which jobs you're using. For example, there's a couple times where you'll have to be mini'd for an entire dungeon, during which time the only means you have of dealing damage are spells and items. Switching to a black or red mage is a REALLY good idea at that point. I made it through Nepto's Shrine with Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, but I had to REALLY over level and do a ton of running away. Sticking with one class for a long period of time just doesn't work well in this game.

Crossblades
11-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Sticking with one class for a long period of time just doesn't work well in this game.

I'm not sticking with one class. I'm just switching jobs when I get upgraded versions

DJZen
11-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Which also doesn't work well in this game.

abrojtm
11-14-2005, 03:53 AM
You will be foreced to either run away from every battle or die trying in certain dungeons if you stick to that party the whole time.

Reine
11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Paladin? I cant remember that class..isnt that just the Knight?

Crossblades
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM

It's a Magic Knight actually.

My mistake:p

Fireblade13
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Mystic knight = Paladin
I cannot wait for this on the DS

11-15-2005, 07:29 AM
I can, I hate remakes of ANYTHING, I prefer the original, unedited form.

ThroneofDravaris
11-15-2005, 09:32 AM
*sigh* What is it with people and their assumptions that improved graphics make games worse. I can understand it in games like FFVI, where some boss sprites were parodies of art, but I really can’t see how improving NES graphics can be seen as a bad thing. It’s not as if they’re going to change the story that you all seem to love so much…

EDIT: If you were talking about game difficulty, then I apologies and, in addition, concur.

11-16-2005, 06:12 AM
FF1 and FF2 for the GBA was easy compared to the NES version... man... I don't understand why they couldn't just do a direct port with updated graphics, and plus, I wish the graphics stayed true to the original, the Thief, Black Belt, Master, and Black Wizard looked completely different

crashNUMBERS
11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I just hate remakes, period. I always went along the lines of "Don't Mess With A Masterpiece"...

11-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I just hate remakes, period. I always went along the lines of "Don't Mess With A Masterpiece"...

Agreed.

crashNUMBERS
11-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Agreed.
*Ghetto Hi-Five with complicated hand movements*

DJZen
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
You know, in FF Origins, while they made some big changes, they DID fix the annoying bugs and gave the spells their proper results. I can see your point about not liking what gets changed, but personally I'm just glad FFIII is being released in the US at all. I also tend to get excited to see what specifically gets changed. Sorta like how I mostly played FFI on GBA to see the Soul of Chaos dungeons, and I thought they were fun. Fighting Shinryuu and Omega with a FFI party is a really interesting proposal to me. As far as FFII GBA, I thought they made it too easy (99 elixirs? WHY?!) but it was still good fun. Not saying that you need to agree with me on this, just putting another perspective out there.

crashNUMBERS
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh no!! I love the crap they added. I just don't like it when they think stuff relating to sales because of the graphics. If they are going to remake a game, make a mode where you can play the original game after you beat the remake a certain amount of times...

DJZen
11-16-2005, 11:10 PM
They did do that in Metroid Zero Mission. I agree, it was a nice bonus.

crashNUMBERS
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
I heard. I say square should aswell..

LobsterMonster
03-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I thought FF III was for SNES? I have it on my PSP for a SNES emulator.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-05-2006, 03:10 PM
One day people will understand the difference between FFIIIj and FFIII US.

Ok, probably not.

Crossblades
03-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I thought FF III was for SNES? I have it on my PSP for a SNES emulator.

That's FF VI

Tavrobel
03-05-2006, 07:04 PM
One day people will understand the difference between FFIIIj and FFIII US.
Ok, probably not.

Somehow, I think that everyone will have died in the world before we finally DO understand that there's a gigantic FAQ on the frontsite about the game differentiations. (such as FFVI = FFIII US, and FFIIIj is on the Famicom/NES, not the SuperFamicom/SNES)

And to the creator of this challenge, you are going to get raped by the Giant Rat in Nepto's shrine if you keep that party. For that matter, you will get wrecked everywhere you have to be small as well.

There is however a boss where you're more or less forced to use Dragoons, and you have to fight one boss while Minied, meaning you pretty much have to use an all mage party, and there's a boss who you'll probably want to scan, meaning you'll probably have to make one character Scholar. There's also a dungeon where M.Knights are a must, but besides that, it's fine.

Yeah, what he said. here's what you party will want to look like...
Hyne = at least a Scholar (if you want, it's perfectly easy to beat him with melee-ers, despite the huge Def. he's got)
Splitting Enemies = 1+ M.Knight (3 dungeons), level 30 or under
Garuda/Gilgamesh = 4 Dragoons, level 25 or under
Giant Rat = 3 Black Mages and a White Mage/Red Mage, any level
Dark Cloud = 2 Ninja w/ Shuriken, 2 Sages w/ Bahamut, or 4 FEOKs

Geomancers are almost never used, Bard is never used, Thief is recommended for Goldor's house, not that he fights (Escape, anyone?), and Summons are useless until Sage, and Archers are not used; Scholar = suicide, why? His HP growth is negative

Sir Bahamut
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Scholar = suicide, why? His HP growth is negative

Haha, well, his HP growth is pretty damn bad, but not THAT bad :p
Thieves are also one of the most powerful attackers from after the world has come out of the ocean till you start getting Defenders for your Knight, simply because he gets multiple hits before most other fighter jobs, his weapons are good, and they are long range, so he stays in the back row, boosting defense (his equipment also ensures several stat boosts!).

As for Archers, they're actually very useful when you get them, simply because of those arrows which I forgot the name of; the ones that petrify an enemy in one hit. But only get like 60 of those arrows, so I'd often make one guy an Archer and have him wildly use up all those, and make him something else straight afterwards.

Crossblades
03-05-2006, 08:01 PM
And to the creator of this challenge, you are going to get raped by the Giant Rat in Nepto's shrine if you keep that party. For that matter, you will get wrecked everywhere you have to be small as well.

I survived just fine with that party. Besides, this thread is so old that I beat the game 2 months ago

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Actually, my Scholar was as strong as my Knight was (which kinda says something...) So I stuck with him until there was new equipment for the Thief

The Thing that stinks though is that you don't get equipment for Paladins for quite awhile...