PDA

View Full Version : New FF XII screenshots........in English!!!

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 03:15 AM
These shots came from the demo that's gonna be included in DQ VIII

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12/screens/ff12ss111105.html

Necronopticous
11-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Awesome. I'm excited, man.

Slothy
11-12-2005, 04:43 AM
I'm honestly considering buying DQVIII solely for that demo. That and I played the DQ demo and it was pretty good. Heck, by the time I actually have the spare cash for DQ FF12 could very well be out. At least the release of a demo has me hopeful that we may see FF12 sometime within the next year or so. I guess RPGfan has it slated for a March 16 release in Japan and Q3 2006 for North America. I have no idea how recent that info is though.

GunbladeMaster
11-12-2005, 09:50 AM
sweet

Russielloyd
11-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Looks awesome.

His ultimate sword better not be as lame as that sword looks in the screenthsots

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
I really doubt Vaan's ultimate sword (Ultima Weapon?) will look anything like the sword in the Demo (kind of a 'duh'). It'll probably have a big semi-clear blue blade, same as FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX's Brotherhood. Besides, why would they give you a good weapon for a demo? Its just a demo.

Russielloyd
11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
If you noitice, all the swords they start off with in 7-10 (except 9) are good stylish swords anyways. In XII they look dull, im sure the sword will get beter as you progress but it feels like it not going to be to the standard of 7,8,9 and 10. I could be wrong, we will see...

Destai
11-22-2005, 07:23 PM
"Defeat the Ring Wyrm" xD

Avenging Soul23
12-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Whoa, i am freaking out.......those pixs were way cool

SoulTaker*
12-13-2005, 03:41 AM
The real time Graphics arent the greatest to me though.

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 07:45 AM
do you guys reckon this games gonna be a lot about missions and stuff like in final fantasy tactics advance? becuase on that bit that says "find the ring wyrm" or something like that, thats definetly a mission. if they have a law system with the judges though that would be annoying.

Croyles
12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah the demo is entirely quest based, like FFX-2 and FFXI. I really hope the actual game wont focus to much on that.

Kamiko
12-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Behold the only reason I'm buying DQ VIII. This had bettew be worth it. The battle graphics look choppy. :(

ffxfreak93
12-14-2005, 01:52 AM
this looks pretty sweet :hyper: :excited:

six underground
12-19-2005, 01:02 PM
what fabulous screenshots. i can't wait :)

six underground
12-19-2005, 01:05 PM
what fabulous screenshots. i can't wait :) they're in on a pirate theme though, especially that Ring Wrym screen..sorta like Pirates of the Caribbean...no sci-fi flash..still i hope this turns out great!!:) square needs a bit of deliverance from ffx-2 O_O but i hope their next FF goes back to a modern/futuristic setting...maybe like spies or ninjas or something :)

six underground
12-19-2005, 01:06 PM
...another thing...the stage objective screen doesn't look the least bit like an FF!!O_O it looks like a PC game, like 1602 AD:) but the text on it is very interesting hahaha

Crossblades
12-19-2005, 06:05 PM
There's no need to triple post man. If you got something else to say, just edit your post

Ultima_Weapon
12-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the pictures crossblades. I myself have also played the demo and I must say I'm very impressed and I think what some people hate about the new battle system for FFXII is because they think their attack meter would be like that the whole time and it would be that slow but as you keep gaining level-ups it will start to go faster for you to attack so it would be like turn-based RPG except you'll have more movements and you do have full control of your characters you can press left or right button on the joystick and it would highlight the different players and give them commands, switching between players is allowed and I think it made a good contribution to FFXII because all the time you would be seeing you party members with you and I read somewhere you can talk with them so I definatley reccomend the game....

Moshenokoji
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Don't buy Dragon Quest VIII just so you can play this demo. Dragon Quest VIII is a game worth your money. I'm at like 80 hours into it and i'm just at the final boss. Buy Dragon Quest for Dragon Quest not for a demo. BTW, the demo is good.

Styrofoam
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice shots...
The battle system looks nicley set up but what is that blue bar above the players heads??
It looks like something that will end up annoying me. :eep:

sam_justice
01-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Well.. In my honest opinion (oh by the way Hey, I'm new) if Square-Enix have made this into a mission based game like X-2 then I think we can all agree that the final fantasy franchise will be ruined, ever since Squaresoft became Square-Enix (IMO) their games have been going down hill.

Ultima_Weapon
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Nice shots...
The battle system looks nicley set up but what is that blue bar above the players heads??
It looks like something that will end up annoying me. :eep:

thats their hp.

Well.. In my honest opinion (oh by the way Hey, I'm new) if Square-Enix have made this into a mission based game like X-2 then I think we can all agree that the final fantasy franchise will be ruined, ever since Squaresoft became Square-Enix (IMO) their games have been going down hill.

Agreed!, the game just ran out of style and the enjoyment was gone or could tell from even starting off with the game.... there have been reports that FFXII will be another mission based game as from the demo but if it is, than i'm not even gonna worth spendin a penny or a look in that game..

sam_justice
01-18-2006, 09:38 PM
True, well to be honest I'd still by it for collection and the sheer fact it's an FF game (the false hope in believing it might be as good as the playstation 1 versions.) Oh well, at least when it comes out we'll all have something to entertain us for a few hours.

Frontier-
01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
True, well to be honest I'd still by it for collection and the sheer fact it's an FF game (the false hope in believing it might be as good as the playstation 1 versions.) Oh well, at least when it comes out we'll all have something to entertain us for a few hours.

You're right about the "missions", to be honest i'd say that ffx-2 Suc***. Was it all just about missions in the demo ? >_< T.T I'm gonna cry if it's like the FFX-2 but anyway, as in old ff games i liked all the themes (eyes on me, melodies of life...) I also liked kiss me goodbye. ;)

yunafan11
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
That was from the Demo. I've already played the demo... BUT THANKS FOR SHARING!!! lol.

Crossblades
01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
That was from the Demo.

Yes, I believe I said that already

Vyk
01-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Um, why are we hating on the missions? There's always been things you had to accomplish in FF. Now they're just being more formal about it. Big whoop. Its an RPG, there's still going to be a story. And I'm sure while you're not completing a mission, you can run around and do your average RPG stuff.

~SapphireStar~
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
I love the chosing mode screen and stage objectives. God I cant wait :D

D.os
02-13-2006, 11:50 AM
It looks awsome :D I can wait to go out and buy it!!:D :D