PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV heads up support

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Im about to fight Zeromus but my characters are only Lv. 40-42. I already tried and he handed my ass to me. How much should I level up?? Should I just keep on trying?? Well?? Help. . .

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Level 40 is WAY too low to fight Zeromus

Your characters should be at least level 65

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
The EoFF guide said atleast 55 for an easier time and RPGClassics claims 50-60 is fine...

Crossblades
11-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Just as long your characters levels are in the 60's you'll have no problems

Destai
11-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Depends how good a player you are I guess. Might also depend on wether you're playing the hilarious and easy rom or the playstation disc which Im pretty sure made it more difficult.

Captain Maxx Power
11-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Make sure you have all the ultimate equipment. Note this does not include Adamant Armour, which by the time you'll have gained for everyone you'll be level 99+ Also note that at high high level (level 71 onwards if memory serves me correctly), your stats will be slightly randomised when you level up, so save before each level.

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Im playing the easy version for the record. Damn japanese being racist on american intelligance...

"Japs" is considered to be a racist term, Crash. Let's avoid using it, shall we?

~Void

Slothy
11-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Im playing the easy version for the record. Damn japs being racist on american intelligance...

For the easy version, by the time your levels are in the 50's you should be fine. Been a long time since I played the easy version (my SNES cart died a few years back), but I know I've been in the mid to high 40's and beat him. Also had a friend who did it in the high 30's/low 40's as I recall. Never had the guts to try that myself though.

If this were the Playstation version, then yeah you'd have to be in the 60's. First time I tried him my characters were about level 55 and I didn't last five minutes. It was almost embarassing actually.

Sasquatch
11-12-2005, 07:04 PM
On the easy version, you might want to try it where you're at. I've beaten the game in the mid-30s. But if you're playing the PSX version, you'll probably get slaughtered.

For the record, if you can survive it, the best place to level up is, I believe, the second room immediately before Zeromus, that's got the glass tiles all over the place. I think there are three rooms like this -- could be wrong -- but I'm not talking about the last one, with Breath and Mind and ... what else? Damn. Anyway. The room where you get Edge's last sword, I think, but it could be the room after that. But yeah. There, you'll fight two Behemoths or Dragons, or sometimes one of each. Hell of a lot of money, and a hell of a lot of Experience. I usually go around a few times until I have 999,999 GP, then EXIT out of there, go to the shop on the Moon where I can buy Ethers and Elixers, stock up, and head back. You get enough Ethers, and you can stay around there for as long as you want.

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 07:16 PM
There's a shop on the moon?? Where?? And where can I get Hell Winds??

Destai
11-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Im playing the easy version for the record. Damn japs being racist on american intelligance...What? But besides that,FF IV was released as FF II in America on the Rom (easy) and later as FFIV on the PS1 (hard).
They got both versions.

crashNUMBERS
11-12-2005, 08:01 PM
What? But besides that,FF IV was released as FF II in America on the Rom (easy) and later as FFIV on the PS1 (hard).
They got both versions.
I know that. It was that whole dilema of FFII and III not crossing seas that made FFIV become FFII. Then came FF Chronicles which was the real FFIV. So now both sides have the Easy and Hard FFIV. In japan it is FFIV as the hard and FFIV: Easy Type as the well.. easy type. In america FFII is the easy type as the PSX FFIV is the hard. I already know my FF...

Captain Maxx Power
11-12-2005, 08:18 PM
There's a shop on the moon?? Where?? And where can I get Hell Winds??

I believe it's the place where all the Namingways are found. One's a vendor. I think...

DJZen
11-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Im playing the easy version for the record. Damn japs being racist on american intelligance...

Wow... I've heard a lot of ignorant things on this board but this one really takes the cake.

Okay, first of all, the language you're using isn't okay by ANY stretch of the imagination. Second, the American version is hardly racist since FFIV easytype, which was a Japanese only release, was even easier than FFIIus. Third, perhaps if you'd like for your intelligence to go uninsulted, you'd do well to learn how to spell and punctuate.

crashNUMBERS
11-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Im not actually calling them racist but they have been screwing us in mocking american intellegance. But then again Im Brazilian so I have no problem with it. Bush still sucks. But what Im saying is that look, they made that corny game, FFMQ but in japan it was gonna be titled FF: USA. It was an insult...

http://warmech.net/ffmq/ffmq.html

Learn to spell?? I miss a couple of words and you assume that I can't spell. No ones perfect bud, remember that...