PDA

View Full Version : The Rasmus

Zeldy
11-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Hide From The Sun - Album review

"With their fifth album, "Dead Letters" and the earwig, "In the shadows" the Finns wrote the big throw two years ago. As well as the entrance into the teenie press and the hearts of many Gothic girls. Who are now again served by the singer Lauri Ylönen and Co, with deeply romantic lyrics about darkness, loneliness, immortality, shadow creatures and fallen angels. Combined with nice melodies and an extra portion of pathos, The Rasmus again go for the charts and an easy-care mainstream audience. But shameless pop songs, like "Shot" or "Dancer in the Dark" quite close to kitsch stand in line with heavy rock songs like, "Lucifer's Angel" or "Night After Night (Out of the Shadows)" where the band appears with heavy riffs and Industrial elements.
An in-between of credibility and commerce that works because the quintet is willing to experiment and to be variable instead of only going for the dark side of the moon. So, "Dead Letters" was no nine days wonder"

Has anybody else got the album?
Any thoughts of the band? :love:

Ultima Shadow
11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Has anybody else got the album?
Any thoughts of the band? :love:
I've never heared any of their songs. However... they got a cool and awesome name. I mean... "The Rasmus"... it's just so awesome. :cool:

Chris
11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, I only know "In the Shadows...?"

:eep:

Zeldy
11-12-2005, 06:14 PM

Hey, That is a good song. It just got played too much and people got sick of it. Its still a good song.

Blackmageboi
11-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Me likes The Rasmus!

Reine
11-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I love the Dead Letters album. I have yet to get Hide from the Sun, but ive got Lucifer's Angel from it, and its awesome. These guys are definitely my fav band

Zeldy
11-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Hide From The Sun grows on you. At first I wasn't keen. But now I adore it.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2005, 01:30 AM
From what I've heard, I don't like The Rasmus very much at all. However, I've only heard two or three songs, so I'm not going to universally condemn them without giving them more of a chance. Are there any particularly good songs that could be recommended?

Sare
11-13-2005, 02:29 AM
There's a Finnish kids cartoon figure called Rasmus-bear. I think the name origins from that.
I've seen the band live years ago and they were actually quite nice. I like their older music better though. I'm not a big fan, but of course I have to support them. Not many Finnish bands are known in the world :)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-13-2005, 04:22 AM
Hide From The Sun grows on you. At first I wasn't keen. But now I adore it.I feel this way about all of their albums, they all grow on me.

Brian The Pink Shark
11-13-2005, 11:36 AM
5th album! i thought they were only music newbs :D :choc:

Zeldy
11-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Hide From The Sun is their 6th.

From what I've heard, I don't like The Rasmus very much at all. However, I've only heard two or three songs, so I'm not going to universally condemn them without giving them more of a chance. Are there any particularly good songs that could be recommended?
I assume you've heard In The Shadows, Guilty and First Day Of My Life?
No Fear, Lucifers Angel and Immortal are awesome songs.

There's a Finnish kids cartoon figure called Rasmus-bear. I think the name origins from that.
I've seen the band live years ago and they were actually quite nice. I like their older music better though. I'm not a big fan, but of course I have to support them. Not many Finnish bands are known in the world :)
I Totally <3 Finnish music ;p
I havnt seen them Live yet, I hope to do so soon.
I have their Live Letters DVD though, and they sound Awesome.
Entwine, Sentenced, HIM, The Rasmus, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Children Of A Bodom & 69 eyes. See? LOADS :love:

Sare
11-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Entwine, Sentenced, HIM, The Rasmus, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Children Of A Bodom & 69 eyes. See? LOADS :love:

Heh, I guess we're spreading :)

Zeldy
11-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Heh, I guess we're spreading :)
Totally. People look out for your music these days

Loony BoB
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Ah, the Rasmus. Dan's favourite band. They're okay, I don't mind them. I'm not their #1 fan or anything, either, though. I think I have a couple of their songs downloaded.

Primus Inter Pares
11-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Dan loves The Rasmus so much...

I have a couple of songs, they're good for certain moods etc.

ZuZu
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Entwine, Sentenced, HIM, The Rasmus, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Children Of A Bodom & 69 eyes. See? LOADS :love:Why nobody doesn't know Poets of the Fall :(
It's famous too in the world :mad2:

Now Zelda is gonna kill me....
The Rasmus isn't my favourite but they have few good song
Too much their music from the radio :eep:

Zeldy
11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Why nobody doesn't know Poets of the Fall :(
It's famous too in the world :mad2:

Now Zelda is gonna kill me....
The Rasmus isn't my favourite but they have few good song
Too much their music from the radio :eep:
Ill download them soon, ZuZu ^_~

And like i said.. LETS SWAPSIES? :D
The Rasmus are never on the radio, but Lauri was voted 36th hottest guy out of 101 beating Will Smith and Nelly ^_~

And in the "6 songs that make you feel good" 2 of them where The Rasmus's <3

escobert
11-15-2005, 10:03 PM

Rye
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Ah, the Rasmus. Dan's favourite band. They're okay, I don't mind them. I'm not their #1 fan or anything, either, though. I think I have a couple of their songs downloaded.

Optium
11-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Never heard any of their stuff. Have no intention of ever hearing any of it.

.opt

DK
11-16-2005, 05:33 AM
RE PiP, Towns and Rye:

I hate all three of you and couldn't care less if we never spoke again. :)