PDA

View Full Version : any more like this

thelastdon
11-13-2005, 01:51 AM
i played fft to death on the ps, just want to know is this game avalible on ps2 or are their any games with the same kind of chess game play.:confused:

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics can be played on the Playstation 2. If you wish to play games of similiar design, try games by Nippon Ichi such as Disgaea or La Pucelle: Tactics. If you don't want to use a grid you can also try Phantom Brave or Makai Kingdom.

Also, Front Mission 4 and I believe the prior Front Mission games also have the same gameplay style. All Nippon Ichi games are for PS2, as is Front Mission 4. Not sure what systems all the prior Front Missions are for, I've not played them.

ShaunOfShadou
11-13-2005, 06:58 AM
The Fire Emblem series, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Bahamut Lagoon, Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, Brigandine, the list goes on and on.

Jowy
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
There's also Kartia: The Word of Fate, and Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Ridicuously difficult to find, but they're the closest to FFT you're going to find on PSX.

Takara
11-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Vandal Hearts is similar too. An older game for the PS1, but I found it enjoyable.

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, did you know that PSX CDs can be played on PS2 (supposedly, at least)

I'd definitely suggest La Pucelle like...a person up there...said. La Pucelle is revolutionary, funny, cliche, and fun to play. I'd discourage you into Front Mission 4, nothing interesting there. Bahamut Lagoon is very very good, until you turn every dragon into dark dragons. But Bahamut Lagoon isnt available in English, I think, not too sure though. Hoshigami for PSX is quite similiar to FFT, the main character even look similiar, and gameplay is revolutionary. Onimusha Tactics for GBA, I havent played it myself but Metatron said its his favourite strategy game after FFT, and he recommended it to me. It has to be good if he said it is. It has nothing to do with onimusha the game for PS2, he said.

So in order of greatness (to me):
-Bahamut Lagoon
-La Pucelle
-Onimusha Tactics
-Hoshigami

BlueMageOne
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Suikoden Tactics is also highly addictive, although don't expect anything revolutionary in terms of plotline, like FFT presented...

DocFrance
11-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Suikoden Tactics plays a lot like FFT, and it's really fun. I'd recommend it if you've played other games in the Suikoden series, especially Suiko IV.

crazymoronx
12-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Well they've all been mentioned pretty much already. But I just want to further the point.

Tactics Ogre.
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.

Two outstanding games.

Tactics Ogre, IMO is better than FFT. It's originally an SNES games, and the graphics were not improved on the PSX port, so don't get your hopes up in that area.

However, the music is wonderful, the gameplay is nearly identical, it has an awesome story, class system, and even multiple endings. Pick it up, now.

Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis was great too, but not as good as TO or FFT of course. But worth a play. Basically TO but smaller, shorter, and not as great, but still a great game.

Both TO games have the 99 level dungeon too.

FireFox113
12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Uh...dont try FFT Advance. the plot is horrible, and the imput of the stupid laws are un needed. Just letting you know, but besides that, its really fun1 just as long as you find a way to skip the cut scenes, and find a cheat to turn the laws off, then its a good game! ^^'

chronic_Maniac
12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Its not done by square but by people who left or got fired by square. Its called "Kouldeka" Its made by a brand called sacnoth, and its for the ps1. If you like the checker fight thing but the game if kindda slow.