PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Partying

Yooniece
11-13-2005, 09:11 AM
It's a gnarly night filled with at least 50 young, hot-blooded beauties roaming around my house while the Grey Goose flows like ambrosia... and I've locked myself in my room to post on EOFF (actually I'm online so I can look up more cocktail recipes).

The hot dude in the living room looks like freaking Ian Somerhalder while the chick my friend Amy brought is a dead ringer for Anna Nicole (skinny) Smith. Somebody was doing body shots by the pool, and before the men drank it all, keg stands were happening by the minute.

I keep telling the idiots who brought over the poorly-concealed bong not to smoke inside my house but they don't listen and keep attempting to find a quiet spot where they can roll a j and have at it.

The 20-somethings with their perfect hair and perfect bodies and perfect lives are roaming around looking for their potential one-night standers... and I've been making house rounds to make sure none of them cum on any of my furniture.

Chaotic. The energy of youth is amazing.

And I think I'm getting tired of this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Blacking out from Cosmos on weekends and burning out from books on weekdays. It wears on body and mind, and eventually it becomes apparent that every party is meaningless. (Enter Emo Queen, who cuts her wrists and writes a villanelle in blood) It's fun, but after nearly 6 years of this I'm ready to retire. No 40-something Sex in the City girl partying for me.

And now the topic of the post. Anyone out there just want to settle down and be "old," or live a steady, quieter life, regardless of your age?

Yeah, okay. Give this party another 2 hours and the scent of vomit will begin wafting from the bathroom floors and the bushes.

Meat Puppet
11-13-2005, 09:18 AM
grey goose is a leadbelly song

Xaven
11-13-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't want to be old, but I am looking forward to moving out to a big city like Seattle. I like solitude, cold, rain, small apartments, jobs at big ol' corporations, and cities so I think I would be happy there.

Tasura
11-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I like my res, if i wanna get drunk i walk to the other side of the room, if i wanna get really drunk i walk about 3 feet down the hall, but me being the nerd i am, dont get drunk....yet haha, when im 19 the pup shall know my name! And on the topic of this, settling down is a sign of sanity, therefore i doubt i will settle down.

Jowy
11-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I like enjoying my youth. I'm not one for drinking and excessive partying myself, but I have a good time at the occasional drunken party.

Miriel
11-13-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm clinging onto my youth like there's no tomorrow. I'm living the good life and I appreciate the fact that if I don't do the whole partying/clubbing/staying up all night right now while I can get away with it, I won't have a chance to do so in the future.

But getting absolutely pissed, sleeping with random people, and vomiting all over the place has never been my idea of fun. More like idiotic if you ask me.

I love the College life. But me and my friends know how to be wildly collegiate without getting absolutely messed up in the process.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Go Seattle!

*ahem*

I've never been one for the party scene, I've always felt that the atmosphere you so masterfully described to be somewhat decadent, self-indulgent, and self-destructive.

Frankly, I think there's plenty to do without having to be surrounded by throngs of people destroying one's home. Admittedly, high introversion probably plays some part in this decision, but there is much in the way of fine arts and other enjoyments that can be undergone with or without friends that don't require cleaning people's reproductive fluids off of the couch later.

Drift
11-13-2005, 11:08 AM
i feel old but i need to party. My lack of attending partys saddens me ;( damn antisocial working hours - friday & saturday nights

Rye
11-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I like my youth, but I'm not a partier at all. xD

Destai
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I love the party scene if I can manage to relax, make convo and enjoy myself. Nothing better than a good party.

Vyk
11-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Settling down would suit me just fine. But I think I'm already settled in the sense that you're talking about. I was never a drunken jock/prep to begin with. I guess I haven't really lived

Resha
11-13-2005, 12:47 PM
No parties for me...yet. And we'll leave it that.

But even if I were to party, I seriously doubt I'd enjoy anything like this...I'd feel awkward and scared and it's not something I've been exposed to and taught to go to. My parents would have a fit.

Shaun
11-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm not much of a partier. I hate alcohol, I'm not a drinker; there's no reason to drink just to 'get pissed'... And here in England, it's far worse, especially when you're in the Manchester area. Yes, here I am again, complaining about England. Why was I born here of all places..?

Oh, and sure, I love to have a fun time with friends. But I just don't see how drugs are alcohol are going to help achieve that. I don't have much against the occasional drinker, but drug addicts are losers.

Chris
11-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't party (it's against my religion which is NO PARTYING).

:eep:

Sare
11-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Kah, we used to have parties like that. Nowdays if you have a party you're having hard time to find anyone who would like to come. Everyone has gotten old and moved away from this small village. Everyone nice at least. The idiots are still here.

But yep, I'm a bit tired of all this so called partying. It's fun once in a while, but it's mainly turned into continous circles of parties and getting drunk and major hangovers. All the fun is gone as is the money.

fire_of_avalon
11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
My boyfriend told me he blacked out the other night and puked on himself in bed. I could have been there, covered in vodka puke.

I don't get drunk because I cry when I'm drunk, which is really stupid of me. I party my way, I'm young my way so I don't really have the problem of too much partying. It's not responsibility I'm practicing really, it's just doing my own thing. If you want to do your own thing, go for it. If you believe partying like this every weekend is part of your own thing, go for it. If you don't, go for something else. Just don't be a miserable burnout, cause I've seen where they go, even when they have fantastic careers, and it ain't pretty.

nik0tine
11-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Only communists drink Vodka.

Dr Unne
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
And now the topic of the post. Anyone out there just want to settle down and be "old," or live a steady, quieter life, regardless of your age?

The partying was the worst part of college for me. My roommates would often light the living room on fire. The police were only called once or twice so I count myself lucky. Living by yourself is wonderful for this reason.

I don't remember ever being young in the sense that being irresponsible seemed enjoyable.

Yamaneko
11-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Youth stinks. I want a high-paying job already.

Sasquatch
11-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't really "party", just get together and drink and have fun with people I already know. I've never been one, really, for going to places where I don't know anybody just to be there and drink. It's fun every once in a while, sure, if you know some people, but I might drink once a week, maybe.

Samuraid
11-13-2005, 09:41 PM
I would rather enjoy life without partying, regardless of age.

escobert
11-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I'll settle down when I die :D

bennator
11-14-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm a college freshman, and I enjoy living the old person's life.

Mitch
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I wish I could party right now but exams are holding me back.

Kirobaito
11-14-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm a high school senior and enjoy living the old person's life.

Sephex
11-14-2005, 01:54 AM
I want to settle in one day by finding a job that makes me semi-rich so I can chill and play video games, hang out with my friends without having to worry what I can or can't spend, and live a carefree life.

RSL
11-14-2005, 02:12 AM
I never did much exciting when I was young. Now that I am old, I sort of regret it. But only sort of.

eestlinc
11-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Youth stinks. I want a high-paying job already.
capitalist pig!

I was never into kegstands and body shots, but I love a good party, and still do. Of course most people my age (25) just want to go to bed and crap, so boo on them, and partying with a bunch of youngins isn't always so fun.

fire_of_avalon
11-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but the 25 year olds I know don't go to bed. Like ever.

Loony BoB
11-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I never was the partying kind. Some might say I'm anti-social, but I disagree. I just don't feel the need to go out of my way to make friends and have a ho-down at the local. I know I'm capable of making friends, I know I have friends, and I could do things with them if I wanted, but I choose not to because it's not my deal and I don't find them to be the kind of people I can get very close to - the friends I can do things with are mostly in NZ. I like my life the way it is - quiet, cruisy, predominantly controlled by myself and steady as she goes. If I wanted it to be different, then I would make it different.

mpjunior36
11-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Sadly, my college didn't have dorms...we had off-campus housing in townhouses, so I never got the full college experience. I did go to the occasional party with some friends, but I'm not a drinker, so it wasn't really my thing. Most guys go to crazy college parties to try and hook up with chicks and get drunk, and I did my fair share of hooking up with chicks and I don't even like to drink, so I guess I didn't really need the party experience.

PS: Yooniece, I saw in your profile that you're into Dredg...that's AWESOME. Saw 'em in concert a while ago and they're just as good live as on the CD's :)

SammieBabe
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Aaahh,, the good old days. Watching the sunrise, playing paper/rock/scissors to see who was the most sober to drive. Have strange people call your cell phone a week later, drinking anything someone shoves in your face... blah blah blah. It gets old... fast. I save drinking myself into oblivion for special occasions. As get older and start a family, things like that become less and less of a priority....

SeeDRankLou
11-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I rather enjoy partying, I do it every so often, it's fun. Just remember, all fun in moderation (note to self, remember: all fun in moderation :tongue: ).

War Angel
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
I've never enjoyed really big, messy parties with loads of people I didn't know. I also hardly ever drink enough to get even slightly drunk (and I've never lost my wits - only my motoric ability, which is annoying when your brain is working properly but your body isn't responding).

So, that never has been a part of my life-style. Not to say I have never done it - done it, and didn't enjoy it. I have my group of people I know, a few dozens I know and get along with nicely, and about 10 I know well and like a lot, and just a select few I adore and am willing to spend time with, any time. So, my social meetings inlcude those mentioned 10-12 some of the time, the select few most of the time, and on rare occasions the whole bunch. :)

I don't regret it, either. I was always quite 'old' for my age, and given the status of youth around here, that's saying a lot. It seemed strange to many that I often had a lot more fun striking conversations with 40-60 year-old war veterans and ex-officers, rather than teen-agers my own age. You can't roll on the beach laughing your arse off, intoxicated, with those 50 year-old men, though. :)

All in all, I tried to have it all. Took what I liked, didn't take what I didn't... and I'm still young, and can experience a lot more, and I'm always willing to try out new things. ;)

I'll settle down when I've felt like I've done everything I could, and have the found the right people, places and conditions to settle down with.

Tasura
11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I know what you mean about the brain working and body not thing, at my gradutaion party, i couldnt stand up or walk, but i could still do integration and derivation easily enough.

black orb
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
>>> I dont party, parties make me sick.
I cannot stand the noise, the people getting drunk and the people having fun.

mpjunior36
11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
>>> I dont party, parties make me sick.
I cannot stand the noise, the people getting drunk and the people having fun.

You can't stand people having fun?:confused:

Itsunari 2000
11-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Parties ? Nah, not my scene ...

I'm neither antisocial or introverted by any means, but I'm select about where I am and the kind of people I happen to be with - I've never been drawn to large crowds, loud noise or alcohol into the bargain, not to mention hordes of drunken, randy teenagers and 20-somethings trashing people's property and sleeping with random people. Not to mention long, phony conversations with some lean-jawed prick called Steve or Joe, snowing over some clueless girl while boasting shamelessly about how many gallons to a mile his car can go until she's taken enough to ignore his supreme lack of brain matter and go to bed with him. I can't stand that kind of superficial nonsense. Count me out of it.

Honestly I'd rather just have a quiet night in or go over to see a few close friends - either way I'm happy. Call me boring or whatever - but I'm sorry, I just don't see the appeal.

black orb
11-15-2005, 06:25 PM
You can't stand people having fun?:confused:
>>> Just if they are having fun In Parties.. Oh yeah, this doesnt apply to little childrens they can have all the fun they want in any way they want..
Everything else is fine with me.

mpjunior36
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
>>> Just if they are having fun In Parties.. Oh yeah, this doesnt apply to little childrens they can have all the fun they want in any way they want..
Everything else is fine with me.

Well, I suppose you're talking about people having fun by getting wasted and hooking up with random people. At first I just thought you were against the idea of people having fun at a party, period. Just struck me as kind of weird!

black orb
11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
>>> Im not against the idea of having fun wasting theselves to alcohol, etc. People can do whatever they want with their lives.
Is just that I cant stand it, so I wont become part of it.

Oh yeah, big crowds of people laughing like mad, also piss me off.

Sasquatch
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I get a kick out of how some people think college parties mean everybody is so drunk they can't stand, everybody is having sex with people they just met, etc. etc. It just goes to show that most of the people that think like that haven't been to many, if any, parties, or they wouldn't be so ignorant of the situations.

Dazed and Confused
11-15-2005, 08:40 PM
whose party?