PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga series will end with Ep. III

darkchrono
11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
This might be old news to everyone as it looks like this article is a few months old.

But anyway here it is.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/xenosagaepisode3/news.html?sid=6133212&mode=news

I wonder if it had much to do with the overall dissapointentment of Ep. II

Dreddz
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Im in a meaty way into Epi I at the moment. Im enjoying it so far, getting Epi II soon.
I hope Epi III will be good, hopefully I would of tackled both Epi I and II before hand, so I can get Epi III early near its release .......
If its bad, then its good to end quickly to not waste anymore time ....

Aphelion
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Err...If my memory serves me right, Xenosaga I-III is the Episode I mentioned in Perfect Works, isn't it? Well, if they decide not to release the other episodes (II, III and IV, as V is Xenogears and VI is a bit unecessary in my point of view) THEN I'll get mad. Xenosaga has gone on long enough, I think; it would be time to move on to Kim, to Lacan, to the crash of the Eldridge. Or, as some have thought, Xenosaga is a side story (which would leave me rambling for an entire year) and the other episodes may never be released (in that case, may someone give a tip to the authors: make a book with the rest of the story, but don't leave it unfinished!)...Okay, I'm not sure I made much sense here.

Lord Chainsaw
11-15-2005, 05:33 AM
That's what happens when people complain about the way Monolith wants to make their game. As a result, they listen to the complaints, and come out with a skewered version of their vision restrained by everything people whined about in the first game. As a further result, no one is pleased with the second. Perhaps if people just let Monolith do their thing with the game, and then simply choose not to play it if the storytelling isn't their style, we wouldn't have had such an overhaul that detracted virtually everyone from the second.

If Monolith really wants to impress with this third game, they should make it as they intend. If they try to please everyone like they did with the second, they're going to end up ruining a potentially great trilogy.

I absolutely cannot wait to see more Wilhelm. He is easily one of my favorite characters in gaming history.

Shadowdust
11-15-2005, 06:56 AM
[color=limegreen]That's what happens when people complain about the way Monolith wants to make their game. As a result, they listen to the complaints, and come out with a skewered version of their vision restrained by everything people whined about in the first game. As a further result, no one is pleased with the second. Perhaps if people just let Monolith do their thing with the game, and then simply choose not to play it if the storytelling isn't their style, we wouldn't have had such an overhaul that detracted virtually everyone from the second.

[color]

I pretty much agree with you. It's important to listen to what the consumers have to say, but not when it can be detrimental to the quality of the game. And it's quite obvious that the quality of the second game is much lower than the first. Monolithsoft's biggest mistake was taking creative control and later letting go Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga, the heart and soul between the Xeno series. :(

Necronopticous
11-15-2005, 10:46 AM
There was a thread about this a couple months ago. I personally am really really sad that Episode III will conclude the series. Xenosaga episode I and II have become some of my favorite non-Square RPGs of all time. I absolutely loved both of the games and pretty much disagreed with every negative thing that people had to say about them.

Man, I don't even know what else to say. It sucks that they're not going all the way through with the six originally planned episodes but I guess that's just how it goes. Can't wait for III.

Destai
11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Its a pity things worked out this way. I'll be buying ep II in a couple of weeks. As I understand it the new project supervisor(or something like that) is mostly to blame. He wanted an easier to understand game with more explosions and a simpler storyline and pretty much raped Sorayas original script cutting out alot of important parts. I think this new guy only did the maps for xenogears and xenosaga I. How he ended up in control of episode II, I havent a clue. Anyway episode II improved greatly on cutscene graphics and character design. I also thought the soundtrack was awesome. Yuki Kajiura that is. Not Shinji Hosoe. He sucks. Though I dont think he'll be back for episode III. He said something like "well I gave it a shot but this isnt really my thing". Im pretty sure Kajiura will come back for episode III. One of the trailers had this tune playing that sounded very like her style. (Im not talking about the trailer that played "here he comes#2" from xenosaga II.

I thought the new voice actors were good also except for Kos-Mos's new voice which pretty much set it in everyones minds that the game had bad voice actors. Even though she had like five whole lines. "Shion is calling me" and "Continue in our current direction and we're screwed" and some other stuff.
Too bad.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I really wonder what Episode I was suppose to be. That is all I want to know. Namco fucked with everything so much that it got cut waaaaay short. We at least know that most all of Episode II was suppose to be in Episode I. On top of that now that the creator is no longer working on the project they just masturbated all over the chances of ever knowing what it was going to be.

My hope is that Namco says fuck it and just out right cancels the game.

Destai
11-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I really wonder what Episode I was suppose to be. That is all I want to know. Namco smurfed with everything so much that it got cut waaaaay short. We at least know that most all of Episode II was suppose to be in Episode I. On top of that now that the creator is no longer working on the project they just masturbated all over the chances of ever knowing what it was going to be.

My hope is that Namco says smurf it and just out right cancels the game.I think monolith can take as much blame as namco but Im not definite. And episode II and III are following Sorayas story. The new staff are just going to urinate on it a little and kill the plot aspects they can get away without including.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
They are kind of forced into following the story as a basic outline but to finish it up in one more episode way too much will have to be changed and left out. I blame Namco. They have too much oversight on the group. Monolith is to blame for the retarded moves made with Episode II(/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system, shorter story, and so on). Who cares. THEY BOTH FUCKED UP!

Necronopticous
11-15-2005, 06:42 PM
They are kind of forced into following the story as a basic outline but to finish it up in one more episode way too much will have to be changed and left out.Well, this is kind of uninformed. Actually episode III was going to be an "end" of sorts regardless, even in the original six part series. Episode III was always supposed to be the end of the story (or at least playable story) for the characters we've become familiar with in episode I and II. Episode IV of Xenosaga was supposed to introduce a new set of characters, probably many many years or centuries later that would serve as the playable group in episodes IV, V, and VI.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I think you may have been had on that one. While Episode III was said to be the end of the Shion Arc that was never announced in the beginning but at some point during episode II development...or was it after the game was done?

As int said "Sometime during PS3 life cycle they will announce the Xenosaga Frontier series"

Necronopticous
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I remember hearing very early on that the Xenosaga series would cover 6 episodes and two sets of characters in different times. It's definately been planned that way since the beginning, I don't know if it was planned 1-3 and 4-6, but that's the most logical way to split it that I can think of. I think it's totally possible to conclude the "Shion" story in the next episode, but then again I'm okay with not being spoonfed every answer or conclusion to every mystery in the game.