PDA

View Full Version : this film is awsome

zellv2
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
this film is the best ever i have seen it on dvd japanese but eng subs i have on dvd it is great please watch it if you get the chance you will love it ff fans:choc:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-13-2005, 11:09 PM
well yea its the movie of the century

zellv2
11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
yep ^_^

Arkane819
11-14-2005, 01:27 AM
hell yeah this movie rocks!!!
ive seen it like 50 times now and im still not sick of it!
i recommend it highly.

Dinnova
11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
ya this movie is great.

I wonder how hard it would be to make it for High definition. or any movie in HD made by computers.

Russielloyd
11-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Yep, teh movieh rules!

Dreddz
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Crap movie, waste of a dvd to put it on .......

Ultima Shadow
11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
The best ever? No. The movie of the century? No. Average, animated action movie? Yes.

Chronos
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Awesome is not the world OMG what a film square always do it even though 7 had its MAJOR MAJOR faults the movie was certainly well done soo gd! (now for a VIII movie)

Destai
11-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Wether you're a fan or not it is a very good movie. Above Average.

Dreddz
11-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Would of been great if the second half of the movie wasnt so....crap, crammed fill of mindless action, where they could of devolped the story more......

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
then it would of been blah blah blah instead of chop chop chop

Painless
11-15-2005, 07:33 AM
You make a good point, and who would want to watch a movie that all they do is talk?

ljkkjlcm9
11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
You make a good point, and who would want to watch a movie that all they do is talk?
I don't see how talking for the second half of the movie would have worked. I mean, final fantasy is about story, but it's also mainly about fighting. I mean you fight to accomplish anything. You go to turn on a switch, oh it's got a monster protecting it, so fight to turn on a switch. Or better yet, you open a safe, and there is a monster inside. It makes sense that the second half is all fighting, cause that's what they do best.

THE JACKEL

Ishin Ookami
11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Would of been great if the second half of the movie wasnt so....crap, crammed fill of mindless action, where they could of devolped the story more......

Nice to see someone who agree's with my rather low opinion of this film. Its one of the most wank films Ive ever seen.

ummmm, everyone? Seven Samurai is held in wide regard by many critics to be one of the best films ever made. It was the first true epic motion picture (three hours + in length) and with only three major action scenes. What makes the film so enjoyable is all the things that Advent Children lacks. Storytelling, acting, direction, heart, writing.

Also when you consider Ive SEEN everything this film does with its action scenes in anime and/or hk kung fu films, and seen it done ALOT better, then the film looses its only leg to stand on as a quality cinematic endeavor.

Miriel
11-15-2005, 09:04 PM
This isn't a film, it's a movie.

What people have to understand is that this movie isn't so much a movie as it is an extended showcase of sorts. Kinda like an extra long music video. This was made specifically for the fans, one last hurrah so to speak. I thought this movie was great, but the greatness didn't come from the storyline (which kinda sucked) or from dialogue (which also kinda sucked) or any of the other elements that are critical to a traditional movie. Advent Children was great because you got to see these old friends, one more time. Nostalgia, all over the place. That was the purpose of the movie, and it worked.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-15-2005, 11:09 PM
This isn't a film, it's a movie
glad some1 sed it

Ishin Ookami
11-16-2005, 07:05 AM
This isn't a film, it's a movie.

By my book, they are the same thing. What square did with spirits within was wholly disown the video game background in an attempt to make a decent film with a solid story. and while the story could definately used a bit more time of exposition and development, it was still a solid effort all around. But becuase it was linked to video games, most crowds ignored it, and because it had no video game influences or referrences at all, the video game crowd ignored it. So now square has gone the other route, including all the video game referrences it can fit into 90 minutes and wholly ignoring cinematic storytelling. Its just sad and more then a little insulting to sakaguchi and all the other people who worked hard on sprits within that what is a intrinsicly inferior product is going to make more money and be more widely recognized as superior.

What people have to understand is that this movie isn't so much a movie as it is an extended showcase of sorts. Kinda like an extra long music video. This was made specifically for the fans, one last hurrah so to speak. I thought this movie was great, but the greatness didn't come from the storyline (which kinda sucked) or from dialogue (which also kinda sucked) or any of the other elements that are critical to a traditional movie. Advent Children was great because you got to see these old friends, one more time. Nostalgia, all over the place. That was the purpose of the movie, and it worked.

You know, as a person that has recently started purchasing and viewing DVD boxed sets of shows I watched in my younger days (like cheers and gargoyles) I will admit that anyone who tries to admit that they are immune to the warm fuzzies of nostalgia is a blatant liar. But I will say that It would have been nice of nomura had thought to include some viable and legitable storytelling in FFVII. Though it is nice that some of the games fans can fess up to the films failings, and I will admit that if its warm fuzzies of the game your looking for, AC will hand it to you.

Rostum
11-16-2005, 07:57 AM
I like this movie.

I wouldn't call it the best ever, though. x.x;

Alex7
11-21-2005, 08:14 PM
This movie is the best... because they don't talk alot like nowadays movies :) i saw it 4 times .. everytime i see it i know somethin new and see somethin i didnt see or probably miss it ;) just wanna say FF RULES and FFFANS ROCKS LOOOL ;p hehehe

Miriel
11-21-2005, 10:12 PM
By my book, they are the same thing.

The Godfather is a film. Gone with the Wind is a film. Casablanca is a film.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children is a movie.

There's a difference.

Dreddz
11-21-2005, 10:37 PM
then it would of been blah blah blah instead of chop chop chop
No, I dont mind the little snip snip now and again. Its just that the final part was just a yawn fest, Bahumat, car chase, battle, another battle
And mind you these sequences involve various little things like Rude and Reno fighting, Rufus falling and all.
I think it was obvious that Square had no more ideas, so extended the movie with pointless stuff which will obviously appeal to the people who like this in large amounts. But made the film /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to others ....