PDA

View Full Version : Most important to least important characters

darkchrono
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Here is a list of who I think is the most important characters to the least important main characters in the story

#1 Cloud-obviously as the entire plot revolves around him

#2 Tifa- had the most influence on the story of Cloud. You can say that Aeris had more influence on the story of the planet. But since the main story is about Cloud and Tifa had the most influence on him I would put her as a more important character than Aeris.

#3 Aeris- probably had the second most influence on Cloud and had the most influence on the planet.

#4 Barret- Just had a mild influence on Cloud but was the main person who got the plot and story started.

#5 Red XIII- not an entirely important character on his own but did introduce the group to people who were important to the future of their mission.

#6 Cait Sith- he helped move the plot along from afar.

#7 Cid- provided a way to get them out of a jam. Other than that doesn't do a whole lot.

#8- Vincent- completely optional and is not needed to complete the story but does have an interesting background.

#9 Yuffie- completely optional and is not needed to complete the story and does not have as interesting of backstory as Vincent.

I am not sure if most other rpg's have as clear of view of who are the main characters and secondary characters and sidequest characters as FFVII does. But in FFVII it is easy to see the three main groups of characters.

Cloud
Tifa
Aeris = Main characters
Barret

Red XIII
Cait Sith = Secondary characters
Cid

Vincent
Yuffie = sidequest characters

DJZen
11-14-2005, 12:46 AM
in order of importance (descending)

1) Heidegger (the story revolves around him)
2) Palmer (important, but ugly)
3) Cait Sith (he steals the black materia)
4) President Shinra (runs Midgar which plays a pivotal role)
5) Bugenhagen (informs main party about lifestream and materia)
6) Jenova (catylizer of all events and main villain
7) Aeris (doesn't even do anything until the very end)
8) Sephiroth (is trapped in the lifestream most of the time, whines about his past, then summons meteor at Jenova's behest)
9) Cloud (dresses in drag then whines about his "tortured" soul, that's about it. Completely expendable to the plotline)

boys from the dwarf
11-14-2005, 07:40 AM
i agree with darkchrono apart from cait sith and red being more important than cid. cid has the airship and hes the leader of youre party fro quite some time and also he comes with you in the rocket.
so i think it goes

cloud
tifa
aeris
barret
redXIII
cid
cait sith
vincent
yuffie

Meat Puppet
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
yuffie, cait sith, barrett, gandalf, sephiroth, aeris,

cloud

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
cloud (main dude!)
sephiroth (a hero needs a villain :D)
tifa ( . . . and a lover)
Aeris (she wouldn't even be in it if she wasn't needed to save the planet!)
Vincent (actually ties into most of the story)
Cait sith - Red XIII - Cid - barret - yuffie (all have a part to the story but it only tends to come round once!)

raskerino
11-14-2005, 09:17 PM
DJZen wins for this thread.

Sephitachi7
11-14-2005, 10:27 PM
I think Cid is very important. Without Cid I believe there would be no Airship, and in all FF's the Airship is a big part of the plot. FFVII is no exception.

Shiny
11-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Cloud (story focuses around his past and present with other characters)
President Shinra (things would not be what they were or as bad)
Jenova (It's her fault for causing trouble with Sephiroth)
Hojo (yet it is mainly his fault for wanting to bring back the ancients)
Sephiroth (he went mad...and is the main baddie)
Rufus (a huge bad seed and antagonist for Cloud)
Barret (Cloud wouldn't have had a job if it wasn't for him)
Vincent (he knows alot about Sephiroth and why things are like they are in the game, plus his limit break is nice)
Cid (yeah...the airship does come in handy)
Reeve/Cait Sith (he also knows alot)
Lucrecia (there would be no Sephiroth without her)
I could go on and on but I'll stop there.

eestlinc
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Clearly the most important is Vincent because how could the party fight on without his inspiring quotes about facing the end head on?

Sephitachi7
11-17-2005, 01:33 PM
if you avoid exploring the shin-ra mansion, um... you could do the whole thing without Vincent. Not that I'd recommend it because Vincent is SUCH an important character, but I'm just saying you can.

Shiny
11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
if you avoid exploring the shin-ra mansion, um... you could do the whole thing without Vincent. Not that I'd recommend it because Vincent is SUCH an important character, but I'm just saying you can.
*Gasp* Final Fantasy 7 without Vincent?! Well, I suppose you could do the game without him because he is a hidden character yet he's still important to the storyline. He's a part of Shinra and Sephiroth's past.

TurkSlayer
11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Most Important-Johnny and Zack. This game would be nothing without them.
Least-Aeris. No purpose at all.

Cloud-obviously as the entire plot revolves around him

Who the hell is Cloud?

Christmas
11-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Who the hell is Cloud?

I heard Cloud like to use swords...maybe him...or Cloud want to be him.....

http://www.ffonline.com/1_ff7en/soldier1.jpg

but it could be him too...

http://www.ffonline.com/1_ff7en/touchme.jpg

Anyway...

Marlene
Jessie
Wedge
Biggs