PDA

View Full Version : Requiem For A Dream

GooeyToast
11-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Wow. What a movie. I think we might have a new Kubrick on our hands ladies and gentlemen!

For the less uninformed, this movie follows the paths of 4 New Yorkers in their downward spiral into the darkness of drugs. The movie jumps back & forth between them, mainly through incredibly vivid and original shots known as "hip-hop montage", which is basically a series of action in fast-motion done with sound effects. This is mainly used for the many drug taking sequences shown through out, and are incredibly original.

Now, this is the kind of movie that'll probably leave a profound impact upon you, mostly because it is such a tragically sad and beautiful piece of art, with an ending that leaves you speechless. The incredible score adds to this whole feeling of tragidy and helplessness. My favorite part of the movie, which is probably the sadest one, is the story of the Sara Goldfarb and her desperate lonliness. By the movie ends, you really really feel for her.

If you considering taking drugs, I suggest you watch this movie and see if you still feel the same way afterwards. This is probably about as real and tragic as it gets, and I am so incredibly glad I watched it.

Germ Hamee
11-14-2005, 05:37 AM
That movie... AHH! @.@ I agree with you completely on Sarah. I was vaguely interested in the other three, but her part was much more isolated and far more impacting. It really makes me dread getting old.

The soundtrack was fantastic. The main melody keeps appearing everywhere. I heard it playing during a trailer for Zathura and could NOT be more disturbed nor irritated.