PDA

View Full Version : Wheatus

Shoeberto
11-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Anyone else listen to them? Or even heard of them?

They had a minor hit back a while ago, "Teenage Dirtbag," off their self-titled, self-produced first release. My friend introduced me to them in the seventh grade, then I just kind of forgot about them until he told me that they released a new album last month. Apparantly they've had two since their self-titled; one that was completely dissed by Sony, causing them to self-release it, "Suck Fony," and then the new one that came out last month, "Too Soon Monsoon."

Their music is definately fun to listen to, because it's just all over the place with its sounds. Lyrically, for the most part, it's pretty shallow, with witty-sounding things that don't end up meaning a whole lot. However, the lead vocalist has a very interesting voice - a high-pitched, but smooth sound - and it's always very diverse musically.

Any fans?

Flamethrower
11-14-2005, 03:19 AM
Haha, I remember Teenage Dirtbag. I first heard it when I was in my "high school freshman angsty why-don't-girls-notice-me" stage in life, so the lyrics appealed to me, although the singer's high pitched voice was a bit too whiny even for my taste.

I haven't heard anything else by them, though.

Slade
11-14-2005, 04:11 AM
I've only ever heard 'Teenage Dirtbag'. I quite liked the song.

DMKA
11-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Oh man, I was just talking to someone about "Teenage Dirtbag" a couple weeks ago, which is when I randomly remembered it and began listening to it again.

Basically I feel the same way about them that I do about Sir Mixalot and Right Said Fred...they had one hit, and I love that one hit, but probably for the wrong reason, and I find it impossible to take them seriously.

Tai-Ti
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I haven't heard of them since teenage dirtbag
I have that song on my MP3 :D
i guess it was a one hit wonder.

Little Miss Awesome
11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I like a few of their songs even now :p I think they're good, some of their songs are just weird though. But I loved Teenage Dirtbag back in the day :p

Chris
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I remember that awful song. :eep:

Shoeberto
11-15-2005, 12:37 AM
I didn't realize that song was so popular.

Their new stuff is really good.