PDA

View Full Version : Ouch.

Sasquatch
11-14-2005, 04:10 AM
Alright, I just shaved, for the first time in a week and a half. I grow facial hair rather quickly, and I don't really know what inspired me to shave, other than the discomfort of having a short beard. But, either way, I just spent the last twenty minutes with a one-blade disposable razor, hacking away at my face and neck, and then smoothing it out with my Mach 3 Turbo -- I'm still not sure if I'm alright with three razor blades touching my skin and vibrating against it. But it works. So now my face is nice and smooth (like Gary Coleman), but a little chewed up. And what do we use after we shave? Aftershave! Yes, that's right folks, let's make hundreds of teeny-tiny cuts into sensitive skin, then rub alcohol into it!

Anyway. I'm done. So......do you make a habit of shaving on a regular basis, or do you just go for the "whenever-the-hell-I-feel-like-it" schedule?

I keep telling myself I'm going to start shaving everyday like I used to (of course, had to on active duty), or even every other day like I did through most of high school (I've found my face to be smoother if I skip a day before shaving, instead of shaving every day), but I haven't, obviously, done that. Maybe I will this time. Doubt it, though. So far, I've just been waiting until I feel uncomfortable with my week-or-so beard, hack it all off painfully, and wait another week or so to do the same thing, instead of having a comfortable shave every day or two.

RSL
11-14-2005, 04:23 AM
I don't shave at all. I trim the beard once every two or three months, usually.

Behold the Void
11-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Generally every few days for me, when the annoyance of having stubble outweighs the annoyance of shaving. I generally just use a cheap, two-blade razor and nothing but water and pieces of tissue to staunch the flow of blood if need be.

Tasura
11-14-2005, 04:49 AM
I shav when i need to, formal occasions usualy are the only times i shave.

Yamaneko
11-14-2005, 04:58 AM
I shave at least three times a week.

Miriel
11-14-2005, 05:01 AM
It's Winter, I usually stop shaving around this time until my legs resurface again in the Spring. :)

Leeza
11-14-2005, 06:52 AM
I usually wear a skirt for work so I shave everyday. It's just something you get used to doing on a regular basis. :cat:

Meat Puppet
11-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I shave only when I owe people money.

ShaunOfShadou
11-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Whenever it gets to a certain length, I shave. I'm trying to grow in an actual thick beard, and I've heard that the only way to do that is to keep shaving until it thickens.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-14-2005, 07:33 AM
when i feel like it but seriously if i leave it for a month i will look ridiculus!

Old Manus
11-14-2005, 07:53 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/saddam-caught.jpg

DMKA
11-14-2005, 07:54 AM
When it begins to look nasty. Having a goatee then having hair to become visible outside goatee range looks nasty.

Yooniece
11-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I got into the habit of shaving my legs every other day regardless of the season, if I'd be wearing a skirt, if there was a boy in my life (;)), etc. It's just part of my shower routine, and it only takes me a few extra minutes.

I hate hate hate taking a razor to my bikini line. I think I tried it once when I was 15 and never, ever again. Waxing is so much cleaner and efficient in the long run.

I'm looking to get laser hair removal procedures done soon. If I had it my way, I wouldn't have any hair from the face down. -_-

BackRoomKid
11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
only when I go to church, which is about three times a week

even if I DIDN'T go to church, I prefer to look shaven, I just think beards or "longer" prickles of hair on ur face is a sloppy look.

Also I used "shave oil" rather than gel or foam, it works out pretty good for me since my skin is super dry in my beard area, keeps the skin soft as a baby's bottom

Loony BoB
11-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I should probably shave and trim my goatee more often than I do right now, that's for sure. But right now I shave about twice a week, at a guesstimate.

Tai-Ti
11-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm a female, and don't get facial hair :D
But leg shaving is a B!tch.....*grumbles*

Psychotic
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I usually really can't be bothered to shave so I do it once a week or so. I can't decide whether a week's worth of "beard" or clean shaven is more fun to stroke and yes, I am a freak. But I don't stroke anyone but me. Because of the law suit. I'm digging myself into a deeper and deeper hole here so I'm just going to shut up now.

Sare
11-14-2005, 12:15 PM
heh, shaving brings back so many prescious memories.
Since I'm a female, I don't have to do that tricky facial hair thing. Shaving legs is totally different and frustrating. I let them grow on winters, except for special occasions like days when you wear skirts. On summers I shave weekly..or then I get lazy and let them grow. It's actually pretty random.

fire_of_avalon
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I really, really need to shave my legs. They're awful. Perhaps I will do that this morning, but it will make me very cold, possibly.

And I hate bikini line shaving, so I only do it if I have to do it.

Yew-Yevon
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I shave when it just gets.....well when I look like a wokkie and I use a electric razor. it works ok but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I hate it when you try to go near the neck and it caches and rips out the hairs! that hurts!!

Resha
11-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I shave. My legs. But I hate waxing. Because it hurts. And being bald on the legs is not worth that pain. It's like giving birth to BABIES. ONLY WORSE, BECAUSE I'VE NEVER GIVEN BIRTH TO BABIES. :mad2:

Giga Guess
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
When I feel like it.

Rydia of Mist
11-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I shave pretty much every other day. I'm attempting to grow what I can of meagre sideburns, though it's not really working particularly well... Meh.

Yuffie514
11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
i usually shave once every week, or i can just go to school wearing long pants. i still have to get used to razor burns. i wondered how the kunoichis before me could withstand it...

nik0tine
11-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Dude, I have like, one chin hair.

Rusty
11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
I shave my legs every 3-4 days in summer. Whenever I feel like it in winter. I'm trying out waxing soon. Should hurt.

Tasura
11-14-2005, 06:11 PM
AS I said earlier I shave when I feel like shaving, but mostly my facial hair has the consistency of steel wool, so its a pain to shave without using hair clippers first.

Sasquatch
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
i usually shave once every week, or i can just go to school wearing long pants. i still have to get used to razor burns.

I like the "no blade can scrape me" in your sig.

DarkLadyNyara
11-14-2005, 06:23 PM
I shave about everyother day, even in winter, though just my lower legs. The hair annoys me.

War Angel
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
I shave my beard a level, to make it neater and shorter, every two weeks or so. I do it when random hairs (long ones, usually) start appearing, and it begins to look bad, and sometimes even itch.

Samuraid
11-14-2005, 09:46 PM
So......do you make a habit of shaving on a regular basis, or do you just go for the "whenever-the-hell-I-feel-like-it" schedule?

Whenever.

Destai
11-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Well Im only 14,I grow facial hair fast but its soft and usually un bristley. I just run a blunt razor over it whenever I notice hairs and Im good to go. Not sure how long shaving will be that simple for me though.

Kirobaito
11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I try to remember to shave every day, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. It sometimes doesn't get done. It's more important to shave the area around my sideburns than around my chin, because a lot more hair grows around my sideburns than around my chin.

Shoden
11-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I aint got a beard yet, but signs of a tash!