PDA

View Full Version : My style set is not working.

Madonna
11-14-2005, 11:19 PM
I made a style set to view EoFF's fora with. But I do not know where to upload it so that it's viewable permanently; right now, I'm saving a page, opening it up in Dreamweaver, and re-applying my style set over the existing code so I can see my cool Mortal Kombat skin in the fora. But I cannot browse with it or go to another page, obviously, without going to a live page that is not under re-code.

So I was wondering if you guys could let us upload skins like they let us do at Livejournal.com. I paid for my internet access; I should be able to do what I want on it! I'd really appreciate it, guys, if you could write up some kind of function that would allow us members to have our own customized skins. I think it would be neat.

Failing that, I think asking Aaron for 14,790,638 different skins would be alright.

I don't suppose this would actually be possible? More curious than anything.

crono_logical
11-14-2005, 11:39 PM
No, it's not possible :p

And you're only paying for the internet connection link between your PC and your ISP, not for our servers :p

rubah
11-15-2005, 05:04 AM
You could use IE and choose the 'Format documents using my stylesheet"? :]]

Madonna
11-16-2005, 12:45 AM
I consider that option offensive.

rubah
11-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Most people would. I thought firefox had something like it, but apparently not. We should go to Mozilla and complain.

and no munty, I'm not doing it myself because I don't know how ^_^

and I dont' really want to learn.

And don't "colon pea" at me either ;_;

crono_logical
11-16-2005, 08:51 AM
You must at least be capable of complaining yourself, even if you're not going to code that function in yourself :p :p :p

crashNUMBERS
11-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Uhh.... What does a style sheet do?? I thought it is part of HTML coding but he mentioned he wanted to view EoFF on it. Is this like some fan made theme?? o_O

theundeadhero
11-18-2005, 12:17 PM
A style sheet is part of coding, but it's CSS and not html. Basically, you code what you want your page to look like in it then seperate the different looks on your page with divs. Each div can load from a different part of the stylesheet.

Apparently, you can set IE to load webpages from your own stylesheet instead of the sites default one.

bipper
11-18-2005, 08:54 PM
HTML is what you use to make a link. CSS could be used to make that links color change to green or whatever. The same thing can be done with HTML, but CSS is just cooler and is more what the w3c wants us to do. Despite Kaiser's Table Revelution :P

Bipper