PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 12:28 AM
[TR][TD]Does anyone here play WoW? whats it like, and what payment methods are there? i just bought a copy of it for £25 with free delivery so I cant wait to try it out. your input would be apprechieated

Lindy
11-15-2005, 12:29 AM
First 30 days are free, but you need a credit/debit card or a gamecard to sign up for it.

You can cancel the credit/debit before the 30 days is up and you won't be billed, but the gamecard is used up once you enter the code.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 12:33 AM
[TR][TD]cool, thanks for the quick reply =D

Lindy
11-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Don't start on a PvP server, or one with a population above medium either.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 12:42 AM
[TR][TD]dont worry im going onto a server that all my friends at work are on... dont ask me whait called as i dont have the slightest idea lol

Freya
11-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Azrol-Nerbj Represent!

I find it a great game and i'm so excited for the new expansion to come out, Blood Elves!!! It is very time consuming if you let it. You get like obessed with it after only getting one up to lvl 5 >.< that's the downfall of WoW, it's very addictive.

fantasyjunkie
11-15-2005, 07:13 AM
I've been playing it for 2 months now, its the best online game ive played yet, im my opinion. I played Ultima online for 3 years, Star wars galaxies for 18 months but I like WoW the best :)

Rostum
11-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I've played it for around 4 months, and frankly I didn't like it all too much. Very shallow game that got very boring, very quickly. That and once all my friends reached level 60 they all left, so I left shortly after.

Markus. D
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
i so badly... wanna play it now!

Endless
11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Murloc pet ftw (http://lopez.famille.free.fr/images/murky.jpg)

Lindy
11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Please tell me that you think Undercity is awfully designed, that place takes forever to navigate, and the Alliance can so easily skirt the guards and attack from the sewers.

Looks cool though.

Madame Adequate
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
:confused:
Murloc pet ftw (http://lopez.famille.free.fr/images/murky.jpg)

Augh! It's the Murlocalypse!!!

WoW is one of the best MMOs out there. The only one I know of which even comes close is City of Heroes, but I stopped playing that after awhile, whilst I'm still very much into WoW.

And The Burning Crusade looks like it'll be adding some very nifty things indeed. BE I could take or leave, but slotted items? Yes please.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
[TR][TD]is there any way for an english copy of the game to play on the american servers?

Lindy
11-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Yes, but it's long, complicated and Blizzard will usually take a few months over it.

Save yourself trouble, buy the US version.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
[TR][TD]well here is the thing I already bought an english copy of the game and told the guys at work and they were like "great" and one of them asked "where are you importing it from..." to which I replyed "im not importing it I got it from Ebay" and they said "you need an american copy of the game to play on our server" me: "crap" :mad:

Lindy
11-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Finding out what you need to buy before you buy it = money saved in the long-run.

And as far as I can see, you can't get a US account from an EU code, yet you can get an EU code from a US account. How the hell does that make sense? People would be more likely to do the former rather than the latter.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/account.html

It has a thing there about what to do from going US to EU, try contacting them and ask about the reverse.

But if you can't do it, it's your own damned fault.

Markus. D
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Onyxia looks breathtakingly neat, i most definetly am getting this game.

Lindy
11-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Guild Wars finally lost it's shine, eh?

And no way you'll be doing Onyxia for at least a few months of near-constant play.

Gear + Level 60 + Skill + Good Guild = Extensive play-time.

Markus. D
11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
never, but i only cassually play it... i'd never not play an mmo that needs skill instead of power.

im a massive fan of hardcore lvl grinding games aswell.

i already knew Onyxia was one of the Finnale bosses ;)

Endless
11-16-2005, 09:26 PM
And as far as I can see, you can't get a US account from an EU code, yet you can get an EU code from a US account. How the hell does that make sense? People would be more likely to do the former rather than the latter.

Since WoW was released in the US far ahead of the EU, a good number of people from the EU bought a US copy and started playing in the US, then decided they'd be better playing on EU realms (lower latency, more players playing in your language if you're not English), which is why there is a possibility to "move back" from the US.

Skogs
11-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Just a question for the Aussie WoWers out there? What servers do you play on? US or Asia?

Just curious...

Madame Adequate
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Just a question for the Aussie WoWers out there? What servers do you play on? US or Asia?

Just curious...

Don't know overall, but I know quite a few Aussies who play (As they often are on the same time I am, oddly enough.) on US servers. I'd suspect it is the rule if hypothesising, as they'd have likely done the same thing us Brits did and imported.

Rostum
11-23-2005, 11:46 PM

Just curious...

We got the release along with Americans, and we got to play on American servers.

Craig
11-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I played that for a little while, got to level 28 on my Druid, then got bored. So then I got to level 21 on my Rogue and got bored again. Then my subscription ran out as I had like, £1 in my bank account.

A couple of my friends still play it though, and when I have money again I might pay for another month now that I've had a nice break from it.

DMKA
11-27-2005, 05:42 AM
I played it for the first time today. Best thing ever.

Markus. D
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
i will try this once ffxi loses its grasp on me.

Skogs
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
We got the release along with Americans, and we got to play on American servers.

Balls. I'm moving back to Australia and I've got a lvl 50 priest, and a handful of alts on European servers...

Madame Adequate
11-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Balls. I'm moving back to Australia and I've got a lvl 50 priest, and a handful of alts on European servers...

If you take your EU copy you'll be able to play that down under.

Markus. D
12-05-2005, 02:16 AM
I play on Draka, im an New Zealander who lives in australia.

made a couple of NZ friends already, one that i knew <(o_0<) ^( 0_0 )^ (>0_o)>

edit: i read before playing, people say money is hard to get, it so isnt i swear, i already have all skills from northshire (i am a mage that looks like a shaolin monk from the back till you see his face, then he looks crap) and all my buyable northshire armour.

I was hooked on this rpg as soon as i started playing, infact... mum had to come into my room and force me to go to bed, which almost never happens.

bipper
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I plan to start here soon :)

Rostum
12-05-2005, 08:22 PM

Yeah, but WoW was released in Australia alongside the American version, thus letting us play on their servers.

Markus. D
12-06-2005, 04:34 AM
the games kind of good.... lost its touch.

ffxi is alot sexier graphic wise.

so is guild wars....

and im sure hell even super mario brothers world 1 0_o

ps: its still good.

DMKA
12-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I haven't played FFXI yet because they don't offer a trial version and therefore suck. I don't want to start paying for a monthly-cost game before I even know what it is.

Although I will play it eventually.

Lionx
12-06-2005, 12:40 PM
You buy the game, and the first month they dont bill you for FFXI.

Nephiliam
12-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I have been hooked on this game for months. :D It is my first MMORPG, and I only started playing it because I was bored and wondered how one would be. Then I got hooked, and bought my own version. I recently cut off my subscription though, I couldn't afford it a month ago. But I plan of getting it back after Christmas, when I get a better computer.

I play on Lightbringer at the moment, on my boyfriend's account. I have a level 15 night elf hunter named Ellenya. :) I forgot what realm I played on before with my own account, but I have a level 21 or 22 night elf druid named.. Nephiliam, I think.

I love this game very much. :)

Markus. D
12-11-2005, 06:42 AM
im slowly starting to contract the WoW virus.

fantasyjunkie
12-12-2005, 12:38 AM
I have been hooked on this game for months. :D It is my first MMORPG, and I only started playing it because I was bored and wondered how one would be. Then I got hooked, and bought my own version. I recently cut off my subscription though, I couldn't afford it a month ago. But I plan of getting it back after Christmas, when I get a better computer.

I play on Lightbringer at the moment, on my boyfriend's account. I have a level 15 night elf hunter named Ellenya. :) I forgot what realm I played on before with my own account, but I have a level 21 or 22 night elf druid named.. Nephiliam, I think.

I love this game very much. :)
you go girl! :)

Markus. D
12-12-2005, 02:21 AM
the servers sure are full way quick.

I mean, Drakan was only open for 10 days before I began getting, Server is full waiting in queueueue etc...

edit: My new sig image I took myself while I was playing WoW, its the spirit healer that appears before you when you die, that realm is so awesome.

Skogs
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been on my Realm for quite a few months now - Azjol-Nerub (EU) - and it's only on medium population. Never had to queue to get in...

Krakk, Troll Priest, if anyone else happens to be on that server

Rostum
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM

I mean, Drakan was only open for 10 days before I began getting, Server is full waiting in queueueue etc...

edit: My new sig image I took myself while I was playing WoW, its the spirit healer that appears before you when you die, that realm is so awesome.

Damn you jump from MMO to MMO so quickly, how do you stay up to date with them?

Jebus
12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm playing on Draka right now, but my account just got frozen, so I can't do anything until Wednesday.

Markus. D
12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
now I found a better game (if you havent notice, I am a real ass when it comes to MMOs cause im always looking for the perfect one). www.silkroadonline.net so, if i continue to play that game, im cancelling the account with WoW, then when I get tired of wearing sexy equipment, I will go back to ffxi. ... ... ... ...

edit: I will still go on WoW, cause you can swim in the purdy water :)

Lionx
12-13-2005, 03:28 AM
You know there is no "perfect" game right..? >_>; theres only one that fits you the best..

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 06:40 AM
exactly, but there are elements in MMOs that can make them perfect, ussually they are all over the place though.

fantasyjunkie
12-14-2005, 05:51 AM
World of Warcraft is perfect for me, sometimes I have only half an hour to play and I can still have fun :)

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 06:42 AM
true I guess.

I like the beach near sen'jin village (Orc/Troll) the water is purdy and fun to swim in.

Rostum
12-14-2005, 11:53 PM
But apart from guild wars I haven't seen you get that far into any other MMO's, so uh... how do you know if it's not right for you? O.o;

Madame Adequate
12-15-2005, 02:39 AM

You should have seen Dark Iron after PvP and P-A started their rival guilds there. Within less than five days, the thing regularly had 400 person queues to get on.

'Course, it was worth it, because Annarchy is the best guild ever. :D

Hawkeye
12-15-2005, 02:46 AM
I am on Thunderlord and my handle is Trexx

DMKA
12-15-2005, 04:56 AM
You buy the game, and the first month they dont bill you for FFXI.
That's cool other than the fact that if I don't like it I have this game sitting here that I paid for, whereas World of Warcraft gives me a free trial disc so that if I end up not liking it I simply dispose of the disc and move on with my life not feeling any sort of loss.

Markus. D
12-15-2005, 05:09 AM
you still need a credit card with the trial disk....

Rostum
12-15-2005, 09:34 AM
That's cool other than the fact that if I don't like it I have this game sitting here that I paid for, whereas World of Warcraft gives me a free trial disc so that if I end up not liking it I simply dispose of the disc and move on with my life not feeling any sort of loss.

I think you can get a trial for FFXI now, if not now, I think the option will be available soon. ^^;

Markus. D
12-15-2005, 01:08 PM
the WoW trial is pointless, it makes you not want to play the game.

you are limited to.... being useless shall we say.

Lionx
12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
There IS a trial i think, i never paid attention but its something where you get a month free but only with regular FFXI areas(all expansions are closed in the trial).

Markus. D
12-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Ovcourse they would be, you need other content ID for them.

~SapphireStar~
12-16-2005, 02:59 PM
My boyfriend and I have been playing since its UK release in April this year and we're both in his best mates guild, Civillan, on Dragonmaw.

Im a lvl 44 night elf hunter called Crisp and I got my mount awhile ago, makes it so much easier. I pay the &#163;8.99 payment a month.

Behemoth
12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I play mostly on Durotan under the handle Nocturno (level 60 paladin) or Sekhemet (level 60 warlock) alliance side. Occasionally I play on Cho'Gall, which is a new PvP server- I have a lvl 34 human warlock named Merzbow on there. I encourage you to try this server out- new servers are fun and interesting. And warlocks > you.

Freya
12-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Eh i live in the middle of nowwhere and can't get good internet connection so i can't get very high(lvl 20 mabye) before it lags and kicks me off every 5 secs. Yet when we do get better internet i will join the ranks of my sis and brother-in law as a lvl 60 night elf. If i can ever get there. But i hear the new expansion will up the lvl limit to 70. I also can't play right now because we have no money >.< That seems to be everyones problem. Lekana on azjol-nerub (US) lvl 15 i think night elf. Looks for me if you wants.

Markus. D
12-23-2005, 11:56 PM
*wonders why Im still paying for this even though i am playing ffxi*

aint the shadowglen type places inspiring.

Behemoth
12-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I started playing FFXI but I just couldn't get into it. I was really expecting something similar to any other final fantasy game, but in an MMO style. An MMO'd final fantasy II would be sweet...

Markus. D
12-25-2005, 01:36 AM
WoW is kinda the same... exept the communitty is horrible.