PDA

View Full Version : Son of a ---!

Sasquatch
11-15-2005, 02:02 AM
My TV doesn't work. I'm in a dorm room, and for some reason, I only get channels 2-13, and 12/13 and 5/7 are the same. Everybody else gets, what, seventy-something channels, but for some reason, not my room.

Now, the TV won't change to the A/V input, so I can't play Final Fantasy IX like I had planned on. Dammit! I'm just now getting Beatrix, but it just doesn't want to work for me. The remote control doesn't work, and the SETUP button on the TV doesn't work. I even spent eight bucks on new batteries, and no joy with the remote.

So ... I'm actually just ranting. I do that a lot here, I guess. But so this thread has a topic, I'll figure something out. Let's see. Have you ever been deprived of your Final Fantasy -- or other favorite video game, show, movie, etc. -- by some freak electronic disaster?

RSL
11-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Not for long. I've gone a long time without saving and the power suddenly went out, though. That makes you mad.

Sasquatch
11-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Yeah, that's what happened to me the other day. Power went out. I don't think it was too long since I saved, though, so whenever I finally figure out how to get it working again, it shouldn't be too far back.

Psychotic
11-15-2005, 02:13 AM
I KNOW YOUR PAIN!

I am also in a room at university, and I can only get channels 1, 3 and 5 and everyone else seems to have no problem whatsoever. I've tried everything! Three different aerials in various positions, moving the aerials around the room, tuning etc. etc. I've given up now.

Fortunately my PS2 works fine with it though.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Yeah my Ps2 still hasnt come back from sony :(

Xaven
11-15-2005, 02:24 AM
No, not really. Wait, yes.

I remember when we only had a gamecube. My little brother decided to clean the lense with his oily yucky shirt. It never worked again.

Skarr
11-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I had no tv in my room. Then I finally got pissed and went and bought a tv.

SammieBabe
11-15-2005, 02:41 AM
I remember finishing VII as my dog came out from behind the TV and unplugged the game for me...

Rusty
11-15-2005, 03:17 AM
Yes. A couple of times I've lost my progress on Final Fantasy thanks to a blackout or two.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Umm, I played an hour into KH, then realized I needed a memory card....

Tasura
11-15-2005, 04:28 AM
I was at the end of VII and hadnt saved when the power went out :(

Xaven
11-15-2005, 04:40 AM
I was at the end of VII and hadnt saved when the power went out :(
That's happened so many times to me, it's not even still funny.

Sasquatch
11-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Anybody have any ideas? I'm still pissed. Interesting Monday Night Football game (and during halftime I got to see my Bears run that 108 yard FG return for TD), but I think I'd still rather be advancing my FFIX game.

I'm thinking about trying to find an electronics store somewhere around here, maybe somebody can go in and fix it. Dunno what's wrong with it, maybe a power surge or something made it skip somewhere inside. I'd imagine it could be fixed, but don't know how difficult it would be to get into it.

(Holy hell. Dallas just came back from 20-7 to 21-20 in 22 seconds. Touchdown, then interception ran back for a touchdown. Nice play. I'd kinda like to see the Eagles win, just to show they can do it without that conceited bastard Terrell Owens, but I don't really like the Eagles and the Cowboys have a worse record, so I kinda want them to win. Either way, don't really care, I guess.)

Raistlin
11-15-2005, 05:25 AM
You're in a dorm room, right? Connecting to your campus's cable? Doesn't it have a tech office or something?

Sasquatch
11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
I'm sure it does, somewhere, but I'd kinda rather wait until my roommate doesn't have any alcohol bottles lying around before I brought them in to look at it. But I'll look around tomorrow, seeing as I have one class, and it ends at 08:50, and then all I have to do is a little research for Physics. So I should have time to look through the phonebook and find something. It's my roommate's TV, too, so I might have to do something like buy it off of him, then sell it to a pawn shop, buy a new one, and keep it for next year. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to have it fixed, and have him pay me back for most of it.

Dignified Pauper
11-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Time to slit your wrist, and remember it's down the street, not across the road.

Or you can just play video games on your computer, or not watch tv and go wander around.

Meat Puppet
11-15-2005, 07:52 AM
I hate when my power goes off at night time because I can hear all these noises and giggles and I wonder if I'm being raped :whimper:

boris no no
11-15-2005, 09:30 AM
and there was me thinking i got it bad with my measley 5 channels :P

if its nit your TV (got it at the dorm....well i dunno what you get xD) throw it out the window and get a tech support to get you a new one :D

Rainecloud
11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I was deprived of my computer for an entire week when I was younger. I had been "naughty" that week, so my parents decided to punish me by banning me from the Atari. I was heartbroken.

Captain Maxx Power
11-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Get a new TV. Really.

Shaun
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I've been deprived of the Internet since my parents decided to be fucktards. I can only use it at college now, or local libraries.

EDIT: ROFL! Smurftards! Hahah, I've got a new insult. It was supposed to say f.ucktards. But thanks! :-D

Rye
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah, when we had that giant North Eastern Blackout. No electricity at all. I was freaking out. ;___;

Dignified Pauper
11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I hate when my power goes off at night time because I can hear all these noises and giggles and I wonder if I'm being raped :whimper:

Damn, I hate it when that happens too... Usually the excess noise drowns my sounds out,

Jess
11-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Not from an electrical disaster - BUT, I lost disc 2 for FFIX and now I can't replay it. The most annoying thing is, that its not the first time its happened. This is my second copy of the game, so I have to get a third now. :(

Zeldy
11-15-2005, 05:34 PM
My ps1 has dust on it *wins*
And my Ps2 never did exist.

I was "naughty"[:joey:] and got banned from the interwebz for a week not so long ago. I was so sad ;______;

Shauna
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Hmm... I can't think of any time when something like that happened, although my mum keeps threatening to ban me from the PC...

Although, I am kinda banned from the PC. Not allowed on after 10pm. :(

Zeldy
11-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Hmm... I can't think of any time when something like that happened, although my mum keeps threatening to ban me from the PC...

Although, I am kinda banned from the PC. Not allowed on after 10pm. :(
But you always do!
Shauna is a reeeebel <3

Shauna
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
But you always do!
Shauna is a reeeebel <3

Yeah, I do stay on after 10pm. I just go onto my PC in my room... or my mum goes to bed early... and I just stay on. :D

DarkLadyNyara
11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
No comment...
I've been deprived when I couldn't find the bloody remote to get the channel right. Also, we only have one TV right now, so that kinda makes it difficult. Thank god for the GBA and Dawn of Souls. ;)

Dreddz
11-15-2005, 06:25 PM
there has been black outs in London a few times, wasnt playing games any of the times, but holding a lighter above your coco pops isnt convinent ..
On holidays and when I sent my PS2 too sony was the only times i couldnt play games ...

Tasura
11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, when we had that giant North Eastern Blackout. No electricity at all. I was freaking out. ;___;

2 weeks with no power ;______________; I was beginning to freak my parents out, Id sit with my ontroler in myhand and stare at the blank screen for at least 2 hours a day hoping the power would come back on, but then I found my GBA ^_^