PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Breeding Problem

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I just started working on Chocobo breeding and I managed to get a green chocobo up to S rank. However my problem is that I have had 2 blue chocobos already and I have not been able to get them up to S rank because no matter how I feed them, I cannot seem to find a way to get their top speed over 85km/h. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know how to solve it? :choc2:

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Get them as high as you can, with the green one at S it should still be able to get a Black Chocobo...

eestlinc
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
cheat and hold down the R1 and R2 buttons for extra stamina and run your chocobo as hard as possible. You might be able to win A class races that way.

Or you can breed more blue chocobos until you get one with better top speed.

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I think I'll try light mage's idea first cuz my curreny blue one is at A rank. If it doesn't work I'll probably have to try making new chocobos. Hopefully if I do I'll be able to find someone with a feeding method that would make my Blue Chocobo faster. Thanks.

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I've got a Black Chocobo from green & blue A rank Chocobos several times.
As far as I've encountered, it's *only* trying to get a Gold one whre they both had to be S rank.

Or maybe I was just lucky...

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually I heard that to get a gold Chocobo all you need is an A rank Black Chocobo, an A rank Wonderful Chocobo, and a Zeio (sp) nut. Speaking of which, where can you find this nut?

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 05:34 PM
At the far eastern side of the World Map, there's an island chain called "Goblin Island" (You can check your exact geographical location from the Menu screen)

These islands have little monsters called Goblins on them, usually in groups of 3 or 5.

You can steal the Zeio nut from them, as well as learning the enemy skill "Goblin Punch".

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh I know where that is, I've been there. BTW, is my source correct in telling me what kind of chocobos I need to get a gold one? The one I previously mentioned.

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 05:46 PM
That's right.

Do you know where to find the Wonderful Chocobo?

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 05:49 PM
You find them in Icicle area. You can tell what they are cuz they come with 1 or 2 Jumpings (the rabbit thing). I already have one at A rank.

Ok another question ,if you get a Black Chocobo, will it automaticaly be male? Cuz the Wonderful Chocobo I caught is female. And if it's not I'll have to go out and get another wonderful Chocobo, which is a problem cuz I had a hard time finding the spot in Icicle area where they were.

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Nope, gender is random.

Before you breed them - remember to save!

If you get the wrong gender, just go back to the save and re-try. It may help if you select the first and second chocobos in the reverse order, as in: breed the female with the male instead of breeding the male with the female.

I've found that usually helps juggle the random gender.

Good luck!

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Ah I see, thanks for the tip.

Anniexo
11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
has any one tried to get two gold chocobos and has any one breed a black chocobo and a gold one?

KoShiatar
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I bred a gold Chocobo (that I got through breeding) with another Gold Chocobo, the one I got for beating Ruby Weapon, and the result was a third Gold Chocobo.

GunbladeMaster
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
well duh

Anniexo
11-15-2005, 09:51 PM
well duh
i asked if anyone has gotten two gold chocobos not what do you get if you breed two silly

GunbladeMaster
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
:blahblah:
yeah yeah :rolleyes2

KoShiatar
11-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, from what I know nothing prevents you from getting two gold chocobos from breeding. If you want more, though, I think you only can breed gold chocobos with one another, since you don't have enough stables.

Carl the Llama
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM
[TR][TD]right to get a golden chocobo first you need 2 great chocobo's (you get them from the circled area on the would map) and save it before you put them in your stable as you need a male and a female then raise them to s class and mate them with a carob nut which you get from the gold saucer for 300 gp each (its marked ???? and you need 3) id also recomned saveing before you mate them as it wont always work then you need to raise your new chocobo (which should be green or blue) by the time you have raised it to s class you then need to save it again and mate the 2 yellow chocobo's with another carob nut and it result needs to be blue (if your first was green) and male (if your first was female) and vise versa so if you get a green male and a blur male reset and load and do it again till you get the chocobo of desired sex and colour then you need to raise your new chocobo to the s rank again and once you have done that you need to mate you blue and green chocobo with a carob nut and you will get the black chocobo which you then need to raise it to s class and then you need to go to the icecle area tracks (near the north crater) and the chocobo needs to be with 2 jumping's (they look like rabbits) and then send it back to the chocobo stables and save again then you need it to be the opposit sex of your black chocobo when you have the appropreate sex raise it to s class and mate it with a Zieo nut which you can get from the goblin islands by killing goblins and then you need to save (obviously) then mate the black with the wonderful chocobo and shazzam you will have your golden chocobo which can go over land sea and ocean hope it helped :D http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1261/worldmap31mg.jpg

A guide from a previous thread :D

Anniexo
11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
A guide from a previous thread :D
i know how to get a gold chocobo now all i wanna know is what chocobo you get if you breed a gold chocobo with a black one (i would do it my self but some thing is up with my game or ps)

Tenaku
11-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Is Knights of the Round on round Island (I'm thinking yes) and if so, what's on Cactus Island? (BTW I got my Gold Chocobo ^_^)

Anniexo
11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
what's on Cactus Island?

monsters called cactus

eestlinc
11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
you can morph the cactuars into tetra-elementals, which are good.

Anniexo
11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
okay back to chocobo breeding

Light Mage
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Gold is the most "evolved" breed of Chocobo you can obtain. I know, I've tried...

But don't forget you can breed any two Chocobos again and again, although I'm not sure what the game mechanics are for how long you have to wait until you can do so.

eestlinc
11-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Just leave and go fight a couple battles or fly to another town and back.