PDA

View Full Version : Penance???

Croyles
11-15-2005, 07:13 PM
EDIT: Scrap that. Its been a long time since I played and I just realized I DO know this one. I thought this was ANOTHER extra boss, which appears after the fight with the guy you fight after the Dark Aeons. Sorry for wasting anyones time reading this.

EDIT: This thread is now a general discussion on the boss after the Dark Aeons, Penance. Talk about tips for beating it or whatever you like, as long as it is on the subject of Penance.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
well that was . . . fun. am i to take it you've beaten it already or do u want some pointers?

Croyles
11-16-2005, 12:33 AM
i havnt beaten it already, and dont worry about the pointers, but thanks anyway.

Once again, I start a thread too quickly and soon realize I dont actually need it ^^.

For the sake of things I will turn this thread into a general discussion on Penance and tips for beating it etc. Spoilers will probably be included so watch out.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-17-2005, 05:28 PM
it's really a point of choosing the rite party. i wud choose wakka tidus yuna for attack reels, blitz ace, and aeon sacrifices:D plus attack reels with 99,999 on each one causes 1,199,988 damage and blitz ace does 999,991 damage:D altogether this makes around 2.2 mil damage. 4 or 5 o them n its DOWN!!! plus u can use Anima's overdrive if u hav his stats maxed out.

Slade
11-18-2005, 06:09 AM
I havnt actually beaten the dark Aeons yet (planning to soon), what ive been wondering for a while is when I do beat the dark aeons, where is Penance located? Where do I find him?

Swifthom
11-18-2005, 09:57 AM
I've beaten Vaefor, I'm capable of beating Ifrit and Ixion but Im not doing it and saving untill I'm able to use all mycharacters and bring them out all alive so I get the maximum points from each encounter....

Penance is a LOOOOOONG way off... :(

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Penance has 12 million HP and has 255 STR, 255 MAG and 255 AGL, it takes 90 minutes to beat... I say you must prefably have from 45,000 to 99,999 HP, 800-999 MP and 255 core stats, 150+ Magic and Luck for everybody, all celestial weapons, weapons with BDL, Triple Overdrive, One MP Cost (for Quick Hits) and Evade & Counter/Counter, Armors with Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Ribbon, Auto-Protect/Auto-Phoenix (Have Rikku use Hyper Mighty Guard), you must have Yojimbo pay 5,000,000 gil to use Zanmato or Wakka use Attack Reels, Tidus use Blitz Ace, Yuna or Rikku cast Auto-Life... you must attack Left Arm before it attacks you, removing positive statuses, and Right Arm before it uses Mega-Gravition that tears off 43.75 HP on you and your allies. 45k-99k HP with Break HP Limit is a must and must-have for fighting Penance.

Markus. D
12-05-2005, 09:05 AM
I dont know what it was.... but i found dark Shiva alot harder for some reason.

and though ive said that, Penace took me three days of constant losses and almost get theres then being spammed to death.

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Or else Penance will use Judgment Day on you, you will be DEAD without Auto-Life! Use Auto-Life before Judgment Day. In International, Penance's stats are lowered. PENANCE TOOK YOU THREE DAYS, YOU'VE DIED THRICE OR OFTEN A LOT. WE DON'T WANNA GET/BE KILLED BY PENANCE, SO BE AWARE. Oterwise, you will keep on dying with Penance using Judgment Day on you.

X-Dragon
12-10-2005, 05:20 AM
So I'm guessing penance isn't in the NA version too bad he sounds like a real challenge