PDA

View Full Version : Is ff7 the best ff game ???

Evolavas
11-16-2005, 12:38 AM
ff7 is the favorite addition to the series by a marjority of ff fans. DO u think it deserves the best ff game title, if not which one does?( and why) and this is only a place to state your opinion.:)

raskerino
11-16-2005, 12:51 AM
FFVIII wins, not FFVII.

Evolavas
11-16-2005, 12:54 AM
FFVIII wins, not FFVII.
Nicely said thats my personal favorite :)

Shadowflare
11-16-2005, 03:27 AM
To me, VII is tops. VIII was better in graphics only. It's all about story and gameplay for me. And I like the Materia system quite a bit.

Sephitachi7
11-16-2005, 04:16 AM
It's all based on taste, but FFVII IS the best... well in my opinion along with thousands out there.

Slade
11-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Best in my opinion? Not by a long shot. VIII, IX, V, X and VI come before VII in 'best-ness'. (is that even a word??? It is now). Still a great game though.

dŁv!l'$ ph0Łn!x
11-16-2005, 03:12 PM
umm, i can never be sure. if it is the best, then ffx is biting at it's ankles. i cen neva decice wether i like 7 or 10 better. then 8 then 9

Crossblades
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
VII is way too overrated

VI deserves to be the best

tifa:one winged angel
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
VII is my all time favourite of the ffs i remember playing it when i was little and i still play it today. i love it, it is just the best !!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Angel~Rinoa
11-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't say there was a best FF, theyre all the best in their own way... but a suppose you can have your fave, my fave is FF8 mainly because of the love story.. but FF9 is gettin there wi me lol

Dreddz
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
It Deserves to be the best game ever ......

GunbladeMaster
11-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Dinnova
11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't say it deserves to be the best game ever. 7 was my favorite game. But Everyone is different and everyone have there own favorite game. I wouldn't say there is such thing as a "best game ever" or "best FF game ever" for that matter. And just because 7 is my fav doesnt mean i go around ranting about how all the other ones suck and how 7 is the best. There all good IMO.

Sephitachi7
11-21-2005, 05:46 PM
It's the best to many people on this forum.

?????
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, it's the best to the majority of Final Fantasy fans. How are we judging this?

galateamakiano
11-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I did like FF7, it was my personal favorite because everything was easy to use and figure out. But I did like 10 as well.

SummonerYuna
11-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah ff7 is the best game.

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 03:05 AM
Best in my opinion? Not by a long shot. VIII, IX, V, X and VI come before VII in 'best-ness'. (is that even a word??? It is now). Still a great game though.
Nuff said.

Shin Gouken
11-22-2005, 08:24 AM
a great game. but not the best. the materia system was fantastic, but the summons were a pile of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife. ffviii for me

silentenigma
11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Where did the majority of the FFVI fans go? I figured they would have already killed this thread over by now.

Aurora_sword
11-23-2005, 12:27 AM
To me, VII is tops. VIII was better in graphics only. It's all about story and gameplay for me. And I like the Materia system quite a bit.
I think FFVIII is better in storyline and gameplay.

FFVII deserves a second best I think.

weapon
11-29-2005, 07:55 AM
defenitly the best great storyline charicters and system.

ff8s junctioning nearly killed me.

Dell
12-24-2005, 05:22 AM
I try to check some websites and found FF7 have the highest even the only one in top ten. I could say it's the best, and even Have for Ps2, Advent children and international. Better yet, I found that, FF7 rate is 9.6/10. while FF8, FF10 is 9.5/10, FF9-9.2/10. I like FF7 especially Nanaki

Hoarfrost Invader
12-24-2005, 06:15 AM
It’s alright, but FFVI, FFIX, and FFX/FFX-2 are much better. Once you leave Midgar, this game really starts to drag. Sephiroth is probably one of the better FF villains though…

Randgris
12-24-2005, 07:35 AM
IMO

Its the best RPG's to be ever made in 3D. It is the best FF in terms of story, gameplay, and the graphics really ain't that bad and has one neat item-duplication trick that no other FF has. :D

I love FFVII. :love:

Hoarfrost Invader
12-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Actually, FFIV has an item (or more weapon) duplication trick that is rather useful.

Not sure if it made it into the GBA version though.

chronic_Maniac
12-24-2005, 07:53 AM
FF6 FF7 and FF12 are the well known best of them ALL!!!!!

Hoarfrost Invader
12-24-2005, 07:55 AM
FFXII? I'm almost positive that isn't out yet...

crashNUMBERS
12-25-2005, 12:08 AM
It is all in opinion, got damnit. And in mine's it is FFIII...

SummonerYuna
12-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah!
Ff7 was the best! Especially because of the story,
and the charecters(CLOUD!!) :D. But, ffx would
come next for me. Ffx had a gr8 story to it also.:D ;)

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-25-2005, 12:39 AM
ff7 is the best game.THE 1ST WITH 3D BACKROUNDS.nice game brought us to a new era of gaming.

Nightmare X
12-25-2005, 01:02 AM
FF7? The best Final Fantasy game?
YEAH RIGHT.

Fire_Emblem776
12-25-2005, 01:33 AM
if only we could count how many of these threads their have been.. My vote goes to 6 then 7.

Lord Jaroh
12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
My order (only counting ones I've played):

1. FFIV
2. FFVI
3. FFI
4. FFVIII
5. FFIX
6. FFX
7. FFVII

If I were to stick in other games, Like Tactics (which would probably take top slot), FF VII would move down a whole lot...as you can see, probably my least favorite game. :)

Suikojowy
12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Don't know about best but it's definetely the most over rated.

It's a good game and all, but rabid fanboys seem to always go on about how amazing it is. It seems people are just buying into the popular belief that FF7 is the "best" ff (or rpg in general) without ever questioning why.

I don't get why people seem to be going on about how great the story is. It seemed pretty mediocre to me. The characters didn't really appeal to me either, since they all had the personality of a cardboard box. Sure, Barret had the odd tantrum and Cid would swear every now and then, but that's about it.

I'm aware it's all personal opinion, and if someone likes FF7 then that's fine by me. Just make sure it's your favourite because YOU think so, and not because everyone else is saying so.

Nightmare X
12-26-2005, 08:44 PM
The above poster speaks the truth.

Bendak
12-26-2005, 08:45 PM
VII is way too overrated

VI deserves to be the best
What he said

Kamiko
12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
I didn't even like 7. [gasp]
I know. Sacriledge.

Omnislash07
12-27-2005, 12:03 AM
FF VII is definetly my favorite game EVER. It has the best characters and story out of all of the FF games. VIII would be a close second also because of it characters and story.

?????
12-27-2005, 01:00 AM
My personal opinion is that VII is the best Final Fantasy; the style of storytelling they undertook in the game appealed to me because of the greater realism and more advanced technology inherent in it. Much of the game is futuristic cyberpunk, almost like the conflict between the Rebellion and the Empire. At the same time, it also managed to intertwine the fantasy elements that make Final Fantasy into the story. There are a few different themes that run commonly between all the games, such as the concept of individual choice and the limits of human knowledge, which is where the fantasy enters into the equation. Some are turned off by the narrative style of the story, and that's their right. When Cloud actually becomes one of AVALANCHE, it's obvious that he's got no particular interest in being deliberately standoffish, like Squall. And yeah, I was sad when Aeris died, even though I knew about it well in advance. She was quite simply one of the sweetest and most lovable characters to ever be featured in a game. Who wouldn't love Aeris if they met her in real life?

There are other Final Fantasy games that have far more appeal to different audiences. VII simply seems to do it the best for the most people over the longest period of time. If this wasn't the case, we wouldn't have the surfeit of sequels. This alone isn't a reason to think that it's somehow the best RPG ever, though. I don't have a single favorite game, actually; rather, I have a group of games that all fall into the category of "elite."

DJZen
12-27-2005, 01:49 AM
FFVII is overhyped. Sure, it's fun and all, but it really doesn't have that same charm that the old school games had. For many of the old fans, the series died with VII.

My favorite is FFII. Look at my website, foo.

TheSpoonyBard
12-27-2005, 01:54 AM
There is no 'best' Final Fantasy game. Each person has their favourites, and in their own mind they regard it to be best.

My favourite is FFVIII, and I rank FFVII fourth out of the six FF games I have played.

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-27-2005, 01:58 AM
There is no 'best' Final Fantasy game. Each person has their favourites, and in their own mind they regard it to be best.

My favourite is FFVIII, and I rank FFVII fourth out of the six FF games I have played.

okay iam with u

Gullick
01-01-2006, 04:26 PM
ff7 was the first ff game i ever played so it will always be the best for me.

Swordicanus
01-01-2006, 04:44 PM
ff7 is the favorite addition to the series by a marjority of ff fans. DO u think it deserves the best ff game title, if not which one does?( and why) and this is only a place to state your opinion.:)

I honestly do yes It is still the benchmark to which the other ff's have to live up to in terms of story,emotion,most famous characters ....yeah i think it's hard beaten....... that said i prefer the old school type of RPG's..... I actually like the random battles and stuff....I think FF9 comes second to ff7 ..IMO :mog:

hotspot
12-20-2008, 06:15 AM
I do not think FF7 wins, i think 9 does.

I did not like 7 i though it was boring and the colors just didn't come out right and the 3d graphics were very bad.
In my opinion FF9 is the best final fantasy, i liked the feel of it; i thought the characters were more creative than others, the graphics were better than 7 in my opinion.

Vivisteiner
12-20-2008, 02:36 PM
No. Just no.

FFVII is awesome, but not as awesome as people make it out to be. And if anyone doesn't know what my favourite FF is by now, they do not deserve to have been naturally selected for over billions of years.

Jiro
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM

While the general set-up of these games are similar, they are entirely different from one another. You can easily have a favourite, but there is no 'best'. In addition to fans, there are also haters who take every opportunity to attack the fans of a game.

My favourite Final Fantasy is VI. VII is the first one I ever played, and it will always hold that place, but the fact is I enjoy playing VI more (in general). That's not to say some days I feel like playing VII over VI, or even IX for that matter. My 'favourite list' is extremely tight anyway, so it comes down to how I feel everyday.

The old saying, "There's always someone better than you" comes into play here too. No matter how good something is, there will inevitably be something better.

Leeza
12-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry, but this thread is just way too old to be brought back to life. :cat: