PDA

View Full Version : I didn't quote your smilies.

Madonna
11-16-2005, 01:03 AM
I normally do not use image smilies; my default setting has them disabled when I post. I enjoy it.

I've noticed a small issue when I am quoting someone who has used a smiley; namely, that any smilies I quote or make after the quote, are there in their loathesome image form. I dislike this; is there a way to do away with this annoyance? http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/confused2.gif

escobert
11-16-2005, 01:42 AM
For me yes. For you no. You now know your case. Go now young brave one and shick thy world!

eestlinc
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
that is kind of random.
:sophia:

Leeza
11-16-2005, 02:37 AM
If you're quoting I would imagine that you would have to scroll down to the Additional Options and click on the <i>Disable Smilies in Text</i> for the smilie not to show up in image form.

Madonna
11-16-2005, 02:45 AM
That is indeed the case, but I'd rather have my default settings override the settings of the guy/girl that I am quoting, which is my point. ;__;

eestlinc
11-16-2005, 02:54 AM
then it wouldn't quote the font either. not that this is a bad thing necessarily.

Madonna
11-16-2005, 03:05 AM
If the case were to remove the custom font stuff as well, I suppose that could be asking for a "Remove Formatting" type deal. That sounds more unlikely than what I am asking, because then the solution for that would be to erase all vB code or html when quoting.

I'm hurting my brain by wondering how my gripe and the font-removal thing can be solved by themselves or in one fell swoop. -_-

Vyk
11-16-2005, 03:38 AM
My default is no smilies either :) I use quick reply. But in advanced options it always seems to have them turned on anyway. And when you quote someone it automatically takes you to advanced options. Just remember to hit that little box before posting I guess. Though actually I think it remembers ... Not honestly sure. I haven't had problems with it recently. Usernotes has its own posting stuff too. And I kinda like using smilies in usernotes for some reason. And that one's always got it turned on.

Del Murder
11-16-2005, 05:30 AM
If it didn't show the images they intended to post then it wouldn't be exactly quoting the person, would it?

eestlinc
11-16-2005, 05:32 AM
If it didn't show the images they intended to post then it wouldn't be exactly quoting the person, would it? :dot:
I agree.

crono_logical
11-16-2005, 08:52 AM
It's a bug, I'll fix it later :p