PDA

View Full Version : Just do it.

kratos_GoS
11-16-2005, 01:25 AM
we all beaten fnal fantasy games many times an still we play them again
so my quistion is, is there one place in a final fantasy game that you are pretty tired of and where you say to your self "i just need to do this thing and then i can on whith the fun stuff"

I myself always find that I´m a little tired of the thing in final fantasy VII in kalm where Cloud tells about his past with Sephiroth in Nibelheim.

TheSpoonyBard
11-16-2005, 01:33 AM
SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE THREAD

FFVII
Cloud's past in Kalm
The Lifestream sequence

FFVIII
D-District Prison
The Orphanage discussion at Trabia Garden

FFIX
Desert Prison with Eiko as team leader

FFX
The introductory sequence in Zanarkand
The ascent of Mt. Gagazet
The Cloisters

FFX-2
The parts where they talk

Zell>Everything
11-16-2005, 01:36 AM
VIII (my favourite) most scenes with Laguna et al.
Levelling up for it's own sake generally.
FF9.(except moogles and chocobos.)
Kupo! ^_^

rubah
11-16-2005, 04:44 AM
I skipped most of the sidequests in ff9 because I was bored.

Aside from that, I think I'm pretty well off.

Slade
11-16-2005, 06:12 AM
None in IV, V, VI or VIII.

VII - Lifestream part. That just grinds my nerves waiting for it. Same with the desert prison and forced chocobo race.
IX - The part where you go to Treno and have to play the card game tournament and face Cid.
X - Cloyster of Trials in Bevelle. I hate when you take a wrong turn and have to go right back around again.
X-2 - its been a while so I can't remember anything. I'll be playing it over again once ive finished with X so i'll repost when i find somthing.

Captain Maxx Power
11-16-2005, 06:49 PM
FF1: After spending bally hours levelling up near Elfland
FF2: After that whole dreadnaught fiasco
FF3: Leaving the floating continent
FF7: Leaving Midgar

Ultima Shadow
11-16-2005, 07:14 PM
FFX-2

Crop
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I myself always find that I´m a little tired of the thing in final fantasy VII in kalm where Cloud tells about his past with Sephiroth in Nibelheim.

And the desert prison part.

Roogle
11-16-2005, 07:50 PM
I thought out of all the desert prisons, Final Fantasy IX's was the most annoying!

DJZen
11-16-2005, 10:28 PM
The final level up period in FFII before tackling the last dungeon.

Slothy
11-16-2005, 10:37 PM
The only one that truly springs to mind for me is a single area in FFIV. It's in the tower of Babyl and right outside the room with the cannon firing at the dwarven tanks. I dread that room everytime because it seems to have an ungodly high enemy encounter rate. Walk 3 steps; fight. Walk 3 steps; fight. Walk 3 steps......

DJZen
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Also, levelling up before taking on Zeromus... ugh...

Slothy
11-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Also, levelling up before taking on Zeromus... ugh...

Not to mention getting to him. I think I once gained 4 levels by fighting every battle on the way to him. That said, I still got my butt handed to me so I probably should have levelled some more.

krayziesaiko
11-17-2005, 07:05 PM
I always hate in every game:

The beginning of the game (because of how many times I've seen them, and usually you don't get exp)

At the end right before you go to the final dungeon to beat the final boss, all the leveling up, gaining abilities, etc. Especially taking Gau to the Veldt to try and learn all of his abilities!

Necronopticous
11-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I hate replaying the cloisters of trials in Final Fantasy X. They were interesting the first time, but after that they're an exercise in tedium.

six underground
11-28-2005, 06:40 AM
I thought out of all the desert prisons, Final Fantasy IX's was the most annoying!

absolutely. and it was also only now i remembered that there was more than just one desert prison than the one at 7, which was fine :)

Neco Arc
11-28-2005, 07:50 AM
the sequence after the crater and whirlwind maze (when cloud gives sephiroth the black materia)... crashes during the FMV about 3/4 of the time on my PC version...

FFX_fanatiq
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
ff7- that damn crane you have to jump on and it takes 5 hrs to get it right...well ok 1 hr for me..but still thats embarssing!

Rusty
11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
I hate replaying the cloisters of trials in Final Fantasy X. They were interesting the first time, but after that they're an exercise in tedium.

Same here. Although I'm playing it through first time - they're interesting at first, then they just get tedious as anything.

Also, Quistis' junctioning tutorial at the start of VIII. Once you go through that a couple of times, you just end up sitting there with your eyes closed pressing 'x' until its over.

Azure
11-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Also, Quistis' junctioning tutorial at the start of VIII. Once you go through that a couple of times, you just end up sitting there with your eyes closed pressing 'x' until its over.

..I think you can skip that by either pressing circle or square.

And for me, well...

FFVII: The desert prison. Hate, hate, HATE that part.
FFIX: The training before Gizamaluke, Kuja's Desert Prison, Memoria in general
FFX: Mi'hen Highway, Mushroom Rock

Shin Gouken
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
ffv's escape from karnak castle. if you play it right, you can learn several blue magic, open two dozen chests with lots of goodies, aquire fat loads of ability points and obtain some 20 elixers. but its 10 minutes of constant fighting and if you screw up, start again

KuRt
11-28-2005, 06:19 PM
I always hate in every game:

The beginning of the game (because of how many times I've seen them, and usually you don't get exp)

rubah
11-29-2005, 01:42 AM
The only ones I've played many many many times is ffx, x-2, and to an extent, 8.

However, I spend so much time on the monster arena sidequest in ffx that to go back to the real game, with voice acting and FMVs is refreshing.

raskerino
11-29-2005, 01:49 AM
You can skip all the tutorials in that FFVIII... I was annoyed until I tried pressind buttons and voila it skipped it.

I generally enjoy storyline scenes a lot so the points most annoying to me are what feels like excessively long dungeons. In FFVIII the dungeon at the end of the first disk and the prison. In FFVII there's not a point that bugs me exept maybe the chocobe side quest before I figured out what I was doing. In FFIX the desert castle, the place where you equip the first weapons, the last dungeon and probably another place. In FFX gagazet, the cloisters bug me but they last very short amounts of time so it's okay. Some of FFX-2's scenes were a little embarassing. In FFI the final dungeon bugged me and waiting for Warmech to come. In FFT there wasn't anything specific that bugged me, it was consistently a okay-good game.

Black Mage
11-29-2005, 01:58 AM
FFI: Silver Sword money gathering.
FFII: That tower with the Imps. For the love of God, Muddle 16 makes me cry.
FFIII: Freeing the Dark Warriors.
FFIV: Tower of Babel.
FFV: Right when you can enter the Cleft Dimension.
FFVI: Pheonix Tower.
FFVII: Whole game.
FFVIII: Read FFVII.
FFIX: That Ice Cavern near the beginning.
FFX: All.
FFX-2: All.
FFXI: Dunes.

Bahamut, King of Dragons
11-29-2005, 03:21 AM
IV- The whole game except for the fights with the elemental fiends. That music rocks ballz.

VII- I always wish I could skip everything between the flashback in Kalm up till Cosmo Canyon.

VIII- The whole beginning until Deling City.

IX- Ice cavern.

X- All the way until Bevelle.
FFX-2
Word.