PDA

View Full Version : *lightbulb*

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 02:08 AM
I just thought of an idea that would be perfect on the DS. Phantasy Star Online with it's WIFI connection.

Think about it, you can move about with the dpad, Action (attack, talk, pick up item, examine, etc) with A, critical attack with B, and preset magic with the other buttons and Start opens the menu. The touch screen on the bottom can have a little keyboard on it so you can touch the keys with the stylus to talk to people online.

I'm expecting my check from Sega for my idea riiiiight....... NOW......

Lindy
11-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Watch as the internet reels from your fantastic suggestion.

Riiiiight....... NOW......

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Explain how that idea is bad? Go ahead.

Lindy
11-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Because I don't see Sega producing a PSO for the DS, maybe an original PS game, but not an online game. The online features of the DS are an add-on, not so much the be-all and end-all that they are on the PSP.

If you'd have said something about the Revolution, it would have been plausible because that'll have more of a dedicated online support.

The DS. Online functions and gaming? Yes. Completely online games? No.

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 02:48 AM
PSO has an offline mode, you realize. PSO was on Gamecube and Dreamcast had a Single player game on them. If you can't get on WIFI with your DS then play single player till you can get one.

Lindy
11-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Look.

It's called Phantasy Star Online, if I need to express that fact to you, you're already lost.

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I just said it's not COMPLETLY Online. Which means if you CAN'T or don't want to play it online you can play it single player. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

MecaKane
11-16-2005, 03:35 AM
The point is DS isn't set up for complete online play, not that people don't have the wifi for it. When you play PSO online you're not palying just some short match-up battles, it's like Diablo 2, isn't it? A game that can be played in its entirety online would not work well on DS.
Brains are for thinking, not just recognizing boobies.

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Oh my freaking god. How much freaking clearer can I make this.

PSO CAN BE PLAYED IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE. WHICH ALSO MEANS OFFLINE.

You know what, go away from here. If you can't get the hint of the above post you're both just as ignorant as I figured.

MecaKane
11-16-2005, 03:42 AM
Yes, it can be.
But the online part of it would not work well on a DS. So you're suggesting a game with online in its title, with bad online play. Which is stupid.

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 04:10 AM
If the DS can handle the new Animal Crossing and Mario Kart why wouldn't it handle PSO? It's not like PSO is a huge MMO, it plays with a lobby system like Diablo 2 where only a few parties take on quests together.

Roogle
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, I think that the online aspect of Phantasy Star Online would be better suited to a console which would be a good conduit for the online interactions which would inevitably be involved with Phantasy Star Online.

I am a fan of the Phantasy Star series, but I don't like the direction they went with those online games. As far as I know, they weren't developed by the same team and only very few people on the developing team for the online games, if not only one, had worked with the original projects on the Genesis.

Drift
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
so it would be Phantasy Star PARTLY online?

Lord Chainsaw
11-17-2005, 12:45 AM
PSO is never a bad idea. Ever.

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 01:42 AM
it's funny you compare it to Diablo 2 because I read somewhere they were considering making Diablo 2 for the DS.... also they were gonna make starcraft. Don't remember where I read that though...

THE JACKEL

ZeZipster
11-17-2005, 02:16 AM
PSO is never a bad idea. Ever.

I hope that was sarcasm.

Erdrick Holmes
11-17-2005, 02:18 AM
A point and click game like Diablo 2 would actually work rather well.

Lord Chainsaw
11-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Why would that be sarcasm? I can understand a bit of criticism regarding how much effort (or the lack of) Sonic Team puts in to stopping cheaters, but can see no further flaw to my decree than this. Please do explain.

Erdrick Holmes
11-17-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah, PSO can be orgasmically fun when people play fair. Besides, how the heck can you hack a DS game? I bet if it were even remotly possible there'd be too much effort into doing the cheacking and hacking that it's not really worth it.