Sess020
11-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Where do you find this matter of dark qualities?:confused:

Russielloyd
11-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Dark Matter is not on FF8.

Slade
11-16-2005, 05:29 AM
To get the Dark Matter you need to refine 100 curse spikes using the GF Siren's Tool Refine ability. Siren has to be on level 100 for this to work. Its worth it though, the Dark Matter teaches Quistis the blue magic, Shockwave pulsar which deals one of the biggest amounts of HP damage to a target with one straight hit: 5 digits! (the others are Kamakaze and Eden's Eternal Breath) Plus it looks cool.

Russielloyd
11-16-2005, 05:36 AM
OH yeah!! I remember now!, thats what about 5 years of not playing will do, cant believe i forgot that.

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 11:20 PM
And curse spikes you can get from refining 5 (or was it 3) triface cards or mugging from trifaces, sometimes you can get it from other monsters too.
Dark Matter, a pretty hard item to get, I only have one.

Slade
11-23-2005, 03:47 AM
I think Forbiddens carry curse spikes aswell. Theyre those skeleton guys that have a large sword and you can kill with a pheonix down or a life spell.

Zelos
11-24-2005, 08:57 PM
lol i had about 20 Dark Matters and you can also use them to attack enemies with about 8000 damage ( only on PAL version )

Randgris
12-05-2005, 03:58 AM
And curse spikes you can get from refining 5 (or was it 3) triface cards or mugging from trifaces, sometimes you can get it from other monsters too.
Dark Matter, a pretty hard item to get, I only have one.

Actually:
1 Tri-Face Card = 1 Curse Spike

To get the Dark Matter you need to refine 100 curse spikes using the GF Siren's Tool Refine ability. Siren has to be on level 100 for this to work. Its worth it though, the Dark Matter teaches Quistis the blue magic, Shockwave pulsar which deals one of the biggest amounts of HP damage to a target with one straight hit: 5 digits! (the others are Kamakaze and Eden's Eternal Breath) Plus it looks cool.

Not only that Dark Matter can be refined to other usable items.

GFAbil-Med Ref:
1 Dark Matter = 1 Luk-J Scroll

Tool Ref:
1 Dark Matter = 1 Shaman Stone (Which can be refined to LuvLuv G's, GF compatibility +20 all GF's, or Rosetta Stone, GF learns AbilX4 ability)

And umm... I got this info I got from a cheatcc.com:
Tool Ref:
100x Curse Spkie = 1 Dark Matter

Tool Ref:
1 Dark Matter = 1 Shaman Stone

Forbid-Med Ref:
10x Shaman Stone = Holy-War Trial

Med-Lvl Up:
10x Holy-War Trial = 1 Holy War