PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Christmas

Strider
11-16-2005, 06:58 AM
So my family had our Secret Santa drawing a few weeks ago. It might've been longer than that, but I know it was before Halloween.

Anyway, the whole thing forced me to think about Christmas, which I didn't really feel like doing. I mean, it was still October and Christmas is two months away. I'm not ready for it yet!

And now, it's only getting closer. My parents are asking me what I want, but I haven't been bothered to think about it. Is anyone else like this? Shouldn't you just wait to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving?

Shlup
11-16-2005, 07:00 AM
My family did a secret santa last year and no one told me until like a week before! My stepmom got my aunt a Wal Mart gift card on my behalf. xD That aunt left my uncle this year though so no more worries about her... Muahaha.

Yeah, I haven't thought about Christmas yet. My mom asked me what I want and I told her I'd get around to it after my craving for stuffing and cranberry sauce has been satisfied.

Sasquatch
11-16-2005, 07:08 AM
What's today, the 16th now? Give me another month and a week, then I'll figure it all out.

Miriel
11-16-2005, 07:19 AM
My best friends and I are doing our Secret Santa drawing next week. It's usually easy to shop for each other so we don't feel any particular need to prepare for Christmas months in advance.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Ive never done a secret santa thing. Sounds fun though..

Loony BoB
11-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I got an invite to a christmas party for a few of the people in my office on the 16th of December today, and I'm probably going to Tiff's house for Christmas. That's about all I know at this time. I like it better that way. Christmas isn't a very big thing for me since I don't live with my family and don't get to go to one of the massive family things (which I enjoyed doing when it was on my Mum's family's side, as my cousin Sus is on that side and I'm pretty much best friends with her).

Resha
11-16-2005, 02:29 PM
I can't think of anything, and I have no plans as of yet; not even for tomorrow. I find this fascinating, and a little sad...but I'll take life with impulse.

theundeadhero
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm just wondering if I should get Jackson a new pair of earplugs or some Kiwi for his boots :p

Sasquatch
11-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm definitely going down to see my grandmother this Christmas, as I doubt she'll be around next Christmas. ...

Zeldy
11-16-2005, 04:27 PM
My main christmas gift is ordered and paid for.
Well its not the main, But its what I want the most.

Rasmus T shirt <3 and Calendar <3

efitzg
11-16-2005, 05:33 PM
It seems like christmas starts earlier each year. I used to not think about it till December but now the stores are decorating in August and people are acting like I'm insane for not having my shopping done in October. If things keep going this way we will be planning two years in advance soon.

The real problem with the huge buildup is that it is always so disapointing afterwards. Its like "I spent three months getting ready for this?!" What is it that is supposed to be so enjoyable about christmas again?

Raistlin
11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I have trouble coming up with a Christmas list for myself. I usually just end up asking for clothes and a couple of PS2 games.

And I don't go shopping until at least the weekend before Christmas.

rubah
11-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Mom has asked me to make a birth-mas list, so the christmas season has obviously begun.