PDA

View Full Version : Wow... so fast

Sess020
11-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Long ago, my girlfriends copy of ff8 stopped working. Later, her playstation bit the dust as well. Now, about five years later, she is continuing her game with my discs.
When she loaded up her game and started playing, I immediately noticed something weird was going on. Her main party characters(Squall, Rinoa and Zell) were friggin faster than anything I’ve seen before. She didn’t have anything junctioned to speed, and no speed enhancing abilities.
Only until today she and I decided to have a little fun with it and got all of the speed-J's and abilities(from Cerberus and Pandamonium). Once all the required AP was learned, and all the magic was junctioned, in battle, her characters seemed as if they were on meth. Needless to say, they summoned GF’s almost instantaneously... :eep:

Since its been so long since she started the game, she doesn’t remember how it happened. But I had to ask. How the heck did her party get so fast without enhancements??
When we loaded her game, the party was average level 20. As of now, they are average level 48. All of this was going on in the very end of disc two.

ThroneofDravaris
11-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, this might seem like an stupid question, but could it be that you've set the battle speed to fast?

Sess020
11-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Hmmm, I dunno. That could quite possably be it.
I never knew you are able to do that. Thank you for answering that head scratcher XD

Aurora_sword
11-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Is it just in battles or throughout the whole game?