PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Talks Present, Future and FFVII Remake

Crossblades
11-16-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/2056.html

In an interview with Japanese publication Dengeki PS producer Yoshinori Kitase and character designer Tetsuya Nomura talked about their plans for the new year. Just in time for the introduction of the next generation of hardware, Kitase felt he had to make an action-oriented game. The result of this idea was the upcoming PlayStation 2 gun action RPG Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. Regarding the hot topic of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase felt it could have been done, provided the company had only released two Compilation of Final Fantasy VII games and managed to match timing and schedule. The creation of the PlayStation 3-based opening sequence demo alone took 2-3 months, hence remaking the entire game would take a considerable amount of time.
As far as his upcoming schedule is concerned, Kitase confirmed his team will begin working on next generation games, but the hardware platform(s) had yet to be decided. However at the same time he confirmed that he will work on the previously announced PlayStation 3 installment of the Final Fantasy series. No concrete plans have been made so far, as he was just beginning to understand what could be done with the next-generation consoles. Since the quality of the games will increase, development cycles will inevitably become longer as well.

Tetsuya Nomura for his part explained that once the development of Kingdom Hearts II was completed, he would move on to a new project. He ruled out that this new project would be a remake of Final Fantasy VII, and simply put he would not work on a remake or sequel. The success of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and the possibility to display the world of Final Fantasy VII with today's technology, gave him a boost of confidence.

The duo also had a lot to say about Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. The scenario part of Square Enix's first PlayStation Portable game is pretty much complete, even though development has not reached the stage where the company would be in a position to disclose any content. As the trailer that shipped with the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children already suggested Crisis Core will focus on the story of Cloud's old buddy Zack. According to Nomura, development on the project is progressing without any major problems. However since many staffers are involved in other projects, the development team has not been able to begin working on Crisis Core in full force. The plot however has already been completed. Nomura also confirmed that objects were already moving in-game and currently research was done to figure out battle control schemes, etc. Originally Crisis Core was planned to be less complex than console-based games, but as development progressed, it has moved closer to a console-based game in terms of gameplay.

Square Enix plans a major announcement for next year's Electronic Entertainment Expo which will include Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Last but not least, Nomura admitted that he is spending a lot of time thinking about how to conclude the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

GunbladeMaster
11-16-2005, 04:18 PM
sweet
that would see good

ultimate-dragon
11-16-2005, 06:42 PM
wouldnt a remake of ff7 be sooo cool on the ps3

GunbladeMaster
11-16-2005, 07:04 PM
yes it would
especially after seeing that ps3 Tech Demo

ljkkjlcm9
11-16-2005, 07:08 PM
uhm didn't the article pretty much rule out any chance of a remake?

THE JACKEL

Behold the Void
11-16-2005, 07:08 PM
As cool as you think it'd be, a remake isn't going to happen. Remaking the entire game would take too much time, time that could be spent doing other things.

Crop
11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Geez cant they just leave games as games.

Shoden
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I'd prefer a remake to another 5 sequels, DC and AC are enough.

FF7 is getting butchered, most younger gamers wouldn't know what FF7 was.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
i herd its commin 4 the ds

Dinnova
11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
DS?????? if anything i'd say psp.

Necronopticous
11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I trust Square-Enix to make good decisions, they haven't let me down yet. I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do.

Crossblades
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Do you have proof of this?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-16-2005, 10:19 PM
theres the title
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/final-fantasy-vii-le-grand-retour-sur-ds--actu-29144.html

and i saw this post from the daeya.org forums

According to rumours' coming from the Japanese press, famous Final Fantasy 7 of Square Enix (www.square-enix.com)should re-examine daylight in a new remake. Waited by all the fans of RPG, the Japanese editor is conscious of the commercial extent of the phenomenon. For reasons of costs but also of logical continuation, the remake of Final Fantasy 7 would be envisaged on Nintendo DS. Indeed, Square Enix (www.square-enix.com) already hopes to republish old Final Fantasy on the console with double screen. To continue with these rumours, the play would be presented at E3 2006, next May... (www.e3expo.com)

Source: http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/final-fantasy-vii-le-grand-retour-sur-ds--actu-29144.html

RaidenWeb17
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Holy Shiznit!!!! That would be so freaking cool.

TheKolkster
11-27-2005, 12:43 AM
They should port FFVII to the PSP and remake it for the PS3

My theory is that if the PS3 is delayed until 2006, then its so FFVII can be a launch title.

Bowser
11-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Tetsuya Nomura for his part explained that once the development of Kingdom Hearts II was completed, he would move on to a new project. He ruled out that this new project would be a remake of Final Fantasy VII, and simply put he would not work on a remake or sequel.

So, that pretty much means he isn't working on a remake, even though everyone would be happy.

TheKolkster
11-27-2005, 01:31 AM
I dont believe what he says. Hes just saying that to throw everyone off.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-27-2005, 03:01 AM
I forgot what I was going to say...