PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest IV help

Erdrick Holmes
11-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Can somebody help me in DQ4? I'm, following this walkthrough from GameFAQs. I'm in Chapter 3 and I finally got the Silver Statue, but I have no way to sell it so I can have enough gold for Taloon's shop. Exactly what the heck do I do with this thing?

Lord Chainsaw
11-17-2005, 12:50 AM
That has got to be one of the worst parts in the entire game. You need to take the silver statue to a man in the upstairs room of one of the houses in the nearby castle city (sorry name escapes me, but it is the city where Alena participated in the tournament). He's not a buy/sell merchant, but he will offer to buy the silver statue off of you for quite a bit of money.

Even after you sell the silver statue you still won't have enough money to pay the tunnel guy. This is the sucky part. Now you have to do a quest for one of castle guards in which you collect half plate armors and some sword types. You need to turn in a collection of those to receive another sum of money. You can probably farm the remaining amount of money.

Jowy
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Kinda off topic, but just so you know, you can get a Sword of Malice to purchase if you keep your store running long enough.

Classic Axe
11-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Haha that part of the game was hilarious. Now you know what a shop keeper does all day

I liked when the people thought your stuff was too expensive