PDA

View Full Version : the big-big-big book of forgotten spells

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
i've played FF1,2,7,8,9,10,10-2 so dont get mad if i don't know some forgotten spells anyways here a explame of forgotten spell
wrap and teleport FF1,2 forgotten sense FF2 *based on what i've played) why is it forgotten.. cause when FFVII came out here it go... TO HELL thats right it was gone another explame is
stona FF1,2 disappeared FFVIII even if esuna is better who cares still handy if you ask me
you get the picture help me out by adding ideas of the forgotten book of spells

Prancing Mad
11-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Merton (which was stupid anyways)
x-zone (why the heck would you have three spells that do the same thing anyways? I mean doom, x-zone, break. is that really necessary?)
anything 4 like cure 4
temper

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
X-Zone, Doom and Break were actually different spells. X-Zone obliterates several monsters, Doom kills one, and Break petrifies one.

Merton was quite useful with the appropriate fire-absorbing equipment.

And as for missing spells, Nuke.

Takara
11-17-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't think Piggy was used again since FFIV, was it?

I miss Piggy. :crying2:

(Not to be confused with Miss Piggy, of Muppets fame.)

Slade
11-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Imp stopped after VI. Actually I think it was only in VI. I miss seeing those imps in the characters status screen....
Apocilypse from VIII and Doomsday from IX were one-off magics aswell, never to return....yet.

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Let's see, ZAP! and BANE (two spells doing the same thing) from FFI (I believe that was their names) became X-zone, so that repeated once, plus in like FFII Warp or whatever acted in the same manner when used in battle. IF you want useless, XXXX was the exact same thing as RUB, literally. Both became one spell... Doom
BRAK also did the same thing in this game, but became a stone status in later games.

Nuke is also known as Flare, which reappears in numerous FF games.

AND DON'T trash talk Merton, that was the best spell in the game. Equip fire absorb, and just use Merton, awesome....

Imp was a summon in some of the earlier FF games, not sure which ones though, been awhile and I didn't really keep track.

No-one say Life-3 becacuse that became auto-life in some games.

Temper/TMPR increased attack and I believe there are other spells that do that.

WE must take note, most of the spells that "dissapeared" either were pretty useless or just changed names.

All I can think of, are the Harm spells....

THE JACKEL

Light Mage
11-17-2005, 12:33 PM
The lovely Dia, although in FFVII you needed Cure-ALL to get the same effect.

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I assume you mean HEAL from FFI which cured all characters. Well let's see, in FFII you can have cure target all, in FFIII you can as well... FFIV, FFV, and FFVI you can as well, you just hit L or R I believe, I know in FFVI you can, been awhile since IV or V.

SO yeah, there was no spell named that, but the cure spells could be used in that manner.

THE JACKEL

Qurange
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Actually, Dia is the Origins version of HARM.

HEAL is a totally different spell.

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Actually, Dia is the Origins version of HARM.

HEAL is a totally different spell.

oh, well I already said HARM so I didn't think someone else would say it again, and assumed it was HEAL. My bad

THE JACKEL

GunbladeMaster
11-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Imps were in ff8 and ffx

Light Mage
11-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Ah, I didn't know Dia was originally named HARM, but yeah. :D

Cure/All is needed to target at groups on undead enemies to damage them, where as Dia targeted all enemies anyway - even if it did only damage the undead ones.

At least it wouldn't end up curing the other monsters in the group...!

Slade
11-18-2005, 06:18 AM
Imps were in ff8 and ffx
They were enemies/monsters, not status inducing spells.

six underground
11-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Runic , sort of a spell-ability :)

DJZen
11-24-2005, 12:45 AM
i've played FF1,2,7,8,9,10,10-2 so dont get mad if i don't know some forgotten spells anyways here a explame of forgotten spell
wrap and teleport FF1,2 forgotten sense FF2 *based on what i've played) why is it forgotten.. cause when FFVII came out here it go... TO HELL thats right it was gone another explame is
stona FF1,2 disappeared FFVIII even if esuna is better who cares still handy if you ask me
you get the picture help me out by adding ideas of the forgotten book of spells

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR CRAZY MOON LANGUAGE!!

TheSpoonyBard
11-24-2005, 12:54 AM
another explame is stona FF1,2 disappeared
Stona was in FFIX, Garnet could use it.

DJZen, nice to see that quote again.

rubah
11-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Return.

Haste=raising your number of attacks was l33t:]

Will this book include blue magic?

Slade
11-24-2005, 06:23 AM
Quick - After VI it wasnt used. I found it quite useful.
Reset - This was in V and reset the battle to the way it was when encountered. Hated that guy on the Fork Tower that guarded the black magic, Flare....he used reset if you used a physical attack on him.

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
I miss the level 4 elemental magics
Fire4 Ice4 Bolt4

its was called something like Firaja, Blizzaja, or something

Luara
11-24-2005, 05:59 PM
I have no idea...

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I miss the level 4 elemental magics
Fire4 Ice4 Bolt4

its was called something like Firaja, Blizzaja, or something

These are still used, in FFX-2 there was a spell called Curaja and Lifeja, Firaja, Thundaja, and Blizzaja appear occasionally... think there was a GBA game that had that...

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-25-2005, 03:05 AM
god that was soooo useful in FF1

rubah- "will this book include blue magic."
sure why not

Slade
11-25-2005, 09:52 AM
rubah- "will this book include blue magic."
sure why not
In that case.......Shockwave Pulsar! One of the coolest Blue Magics. It definatly needs to make a return. But for now it can be the new addition to the book of forgotten spells till it does.

TheSpoonyBard
11-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I second Shockwave Pulsar, It was a great Blue Magic, much better than anything Kimahri had to offer.

I'd like Shadow Flare and Pandora's Box (both FFVII) to appear again, but only if they were accessible nearer the beginning of the game so you could get some use out of them.

W Wind (FFVI) would be nice to see again. 90% damage to anything.

Strago's Grand Train should make a comeback, as should Quick (already mentioned by Slade).

Mirage
11-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Isn't Grand Train almost the same as Trine in FF7? Except that Grand Train is black and stuff.
Also, Nova and Shockwave Pulsar are kinda alike.

Light Mage
11-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Chocobuckle!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Imp stopped after VI. Actually I think it was only in VI. I miss seeing those imps in the characters status screen....
Apocilypse from VIII and Doomsday from IX were one-off magics aswell, never to return....yet.
i donno they kinda kept it one way or another. like in ff7 they had frog right. and in ff8 i think they had minni. so imp and piggy weren't really forgotten.:cool:

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I'd like Shadow Flare and Pandora's Box (both FFVII) to appear again, but only if they were accessible nearer the beginning of the game so you could get some use out of them.

yeah i like both of those.. what do you get shadow flare from again i losted it =( also i like nova (FF10) but it's really whatwe should call a forgotten spell.. still i have a feeling it's not gonna be in FFXII