PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of further delays...

Winter Nights
11-17-2005, 05:14 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3145738

Final Fantasy XII Delayed?
No! Not again!
by David Karlin, 11/16/2005

50 of 64 users recommend this story.
Just as US gamers are about to get a taste of Final Fantasy XII through the playable demo that comes with Dragon Quest VIII, it appears that the actual game itself about to fall off the radar once again. At this point it is purely a rumor, but one of the well-known posters at the Japanese 2ch forums who often leaks the latest Famitsu info left a vague note saying, "An extremely popular game that has already been heavily delayed will be delayed even further." As could be expected, much discussion followed that statement and in the end it was decided by fellow 2ch posters that this could only mean one game...Final Fantasy XII.
Just last August Square Enix had finally put a stop to the ever-repeating delays with an announcement of a firm March 16th, 2006 Japanese release date for the #1 most wanted game in that country. Following this gamers breathed a sigh of relief and started marking down their calendars. But if the rumor has any merit, FF fans may still have a longer wait.

It's technically a rumour and placed with the fact that the article comes from 1up puts some stink on it.. But if it turns out to be true, it will be quite sad.

ThroneofDravaris
11-17-2005, 05:54 AM
...Ok, if this game isn’t the most amazing f@#$ing thing I’ve ever played, I’m going to be pissed.

Miriel
11-17-2005, 06:52 AM
That would be tragic.

I don't know anything really about game production, but whenever a movie is consistently delayed, it never bodes well for that movie. But who knows, maybe they're just trying to make sure that the game lives up to the hype. Or maybe something is wrong. I guess I would prefer that they work on it until they feel it's ready to be released, but really, they need to get their act together.

Slade
11-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Y'know, I might have to freeze myself in Cryogenic sleep to actually be able to play this game, somehow I don't think its going to be released during my life time.....

Big D
11-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I've stopped being surprised by Final Fantasy delays. I mean, just look at Advent Children - us English-speakers won't be able to purchase it legitimately until next year, according to current estimates.

I won't be too surprised if FFXII gets pushed back to, oh, about a year from now.

I mean... I understand that delays and problems occur, and are sometimes beyond the company's ability to control... but I don't see that as a reasonable excuse for revising the 'expected' release date every other month. It sometimes seems like they're doing it on purpose - scheduling the game for a release date that's far too early, just to add to the hype.