PDA

View Full Version : KH2 LotR Notice

karatehero
11-17-2005, 02:26 PM
I searched threads for someone else thinking this and I didn't see anything.

I was watching one of the trailers for KH2. I thought it was an E3 demo but I'm not sure. There are no voices and they are playing an insturmental version of Simple and Clean.

Anyways, at the end of the demo, there is a scene very similar to Return of the King. Lots of Heartless are coming from a valley. They surround the 3 and force them into a circle. Sora peels off and runs towards the baddies in a pretty Aragorn way.

I dunno, was that unintentional or is it a sign of things to come?

GunbladeMaster
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I doubt it has to do with LoTR

* White Aeris *
11-17-2005, 05:25 PM
ooh! i saw that too! And was like 'thats like in Return of the King!!'.
Then when i watched LotR: RotK i said 'Ooh! Thats like in Kingdom Hearts 2!'.
God how i wish LotRs was in it... but it's not a Disney.....

Destai
11-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Dont worry, LotR wont be in Disney. I dont think there aloud put Enix characters in the game. Dont expect to see Gandalf showing up.

GunbladeMaster
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
even tho that would be awesome

Craig
11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
The guy who made LotR should sue because he obviously copyrighted the classic "guy runs into lots of baddies" scene. Anybody who uses anything similar needs to be sued.

GunbladeMaster
11-17-2005, 06:06 PM
nah
Peter Jacksons too busy making King Kong :D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-17-2005, 08:49 PM
wtf? tht would nvr happen in there altought sora does look like hes copyin aragorn
huge lotr fan btw:)

karatehero
11-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, thats the reason I bring this up. That scene is WAY too similar to be coincidence. The only thing thats missing is the black gate. The formation, where baddies come from, even the look Sora gives is almost dead on to LotR.

While true, there is no relation between New Line (which is owned by Warner) and Disney, other than they both hate video downloads. However, other people own the intellectual rights to LotR and very well might have let Disney do it. Or better yet, are Warner and Sony/Square in cahoots?

I dunno what to think. I mean, if that scene is in the game, and they don't have anyones permission, they are gonig to get sued. There has to be somehting going on.

Pheesh
11-17-2005, 11:28 PM
and thee's the fact that in KH2 you have to get the fighting done yourself (there are screenshota and videos showing sora fighting that massive bunch of heartless in the proper game view with the menu and all.) in LotR they sorta got a shortcut, and more guys.

Stay Essential
EE

Azure
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I noticed that too!

Just another parody. Kinda like the end of FFIX, with Zidane's matrix dealie.

OmniOmega
11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
that would be crazy if for KH3 they got out of disney and did a total lotr and star wars thing...it would probably be crap, but still cool

Skyblade
11-18-2005, 12:56 AM
that would be crazy if for KH3 they got out of disney and did a total lotr and star wars thing...it would probably be crap, but still cool

Don't try to equate Star Wars to LotR. Star Wars is nothing compared to LotR.

I thought that same thing when I saw that scene. I don't really mind, everything could benefit from an infusion of LotR.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of a new summon. In some FF games, some summons would have two moves, a normal one which would trigger usually, and a more powerful one which only triggers rarely. So, how about the seven dwarfs as a summon? And then, every once in a while, The BALROG!!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-18-2005, 02:06 AM
lol, and with star wars, the keyblade can withstand the lightsaber xD u see sora duelin wit luke

GunbladeMaster
11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Sora: Luke, i am your brother!
Luke: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Psydekick
11-18-2005, 06:53 PM
What was the website you saw the trailer. I would like to see it as my knowledge on KH2 is limited.

GunbladeMaster
11-18-2005, 07:05 PM
here:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom2/
i cant direct link it sorry
click the button
go down to the last option
now watch either the trailer to the right or left of the first one u see
(cant remember srry)

Psydekick
11-18-2005, 07:18 PM
The page did not load up

GunbladeMaster
11-18-2005, 07:21 PM
works fine for me
you should see just something in the middle
click that than follow the instruction i gave
and the LotR clip is in the right trailer
and it is very quick so...

karatehero
11-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I found them before if you want the one i'm referring to. They are the E3 2004 videos.

Let me know if you want me to find them.

GunbladeMaster
11-18-2005, 07:43 PM
the trailer i saw it from is from the official site

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-18-2005, 07:55 PM
The concept of a lone hero charging a massive army of enemies is not exactly new, it's been around for quite some time.

Psydekick
11-20-2005, 10:51 AM
The concept of a lone hero charging a massive army of enemies is not exactly new, it's been around for quite some time.
Yeah exactly.

karatehero
11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Did you watch the video? Sure 1 guy attacking a bunch of baddies is not new. however, the dark tower in the distance, the configuration of the walls, the valley, the horde surrounding Sora in a circle formation, and then Sora running forward with blade half up, looking back, and smiling.

Umm, get it?

Psydekick
11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I have seen the trailer now. Does anyone know where it can be found in english.

karatehero
11-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Not sure if there is one yet. I'm sure there will be soon.

Sefie1999AD
11-22-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought about Return of the King and Aragon's "For Frodo!" charge when I saw that moment. Could be a cameo, sorta like how Square puts lots of Star Wars and Matrix references to many of their games. I don't think the makers of LotR will sue Square Enix for that. If EA can make LotR: The Third Age and call its battle system - which is a direct ripoff of FFX's system in every way - a new and an innovative system that will revolutionize RPGs and they won't get sued by Square, then surely Square Enix won't get sued for making one scene where the setting is somewhat LotR-ish. :D And as Behold the Void and many others have said:

Indeed. For example, didn't Mulan do that "lone hero charging a massive army of enemies" thing way before LotR movies came? :p

karatehero
11-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Thats not what I'm arguing. Lots and lots of games and movies feature one versus many. I was going to list a bunch, but its not worth it. There are tons of them.

What I'm saying is that if that is a scene of actual game footage, and its what it looks like, then there very well might be some LotR tie in somewhere.

sub zero
11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
peter jackson might no sue for the scene but JRR tolkiens son might.

Psydekick
11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Having lord of the rings characters would be good but they would look crap disneyfied.

RaidenWeb17
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Don't try to equate Star Wars to LotR. Star Wars is nothing compared to LotR.

Whoa whoa whoa...LotR better than Star Wars...YEAH RIGHT!! Star Wars is better than ANYTHING you cannot name anything better than Star Wars, not Harry Potter, not LotR, not even Final Fantasy. Never will there ever be anything greater than Star Wars. NEVER

Psydekick
11-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...LotR better than Star Wars...YEAH RIGHT!! Star Wars is better than ANYTHING you cannot name anything better than Star Wars, not Harry Potter, not LotR, not even Final Fantasy. Never will there ever be anything greater than Star Wars. NEVER
Whatever!

?????
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM

I happen to agree with you, though you're not making a very good case for yourself. I happen to like high degrees of technology in fiction; science fiction is the only genre that examines what could actually be possible in the future. And Star Wars certainly does have Lord of the Rings, and indeed, pretty much anything except the Culture, outmatched in terms of scale, if that matters.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-25-2005, 11:20 PM
advent children, THEN star wars then lotr

RaidenWeb17
11-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I happen to agree with you, though you're not making a very good case for yourself. I happen to like high degrees of technology in fiction; science fiction is the only genre that examines what could actually be possible in the future. And Star Wars certainly does have Lord of the Rings, and indeed, pretty much anything except the Culture, outmatched in terms of scale, if that matters.
I have never heard of the Culture

KH1992
11-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Couldnt have said it better... Sora does a lot charging... i don't think there
was any intentional copyright breach...