PDA

View Full Version : Filming serious/funny FFVII parody, good idea or don't screw up a good thing?

kaito
11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
My friends and I are hard a work to film a parody of FFVII with a cast of about 85 people right now.

Do you think this is a good idea, or are we just wasting our time because people won't like it?

give me an answer and explain your reasoning.

Necronopticous
11-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I saw a video of some guys doing a live-action ATB random battle and it was moderately funny. If you try to be serious it's going to be awful and not worth your time, however, it's not hard to pull off something funny. Just don't overdo it.

crono_logical
11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Better parody than serious :p

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Like necro said. Making something funny isn't hard. Just don't overdo it..

Destai
11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Just throwing in,I think it will be funny if you try to be serious.

Shoden
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Just go for it, It'd be cool to make and funny too, watching your mates make a total fool of themselves and screwing up the lines, FF7 nerds would die of shock if they heard typo lines.

INVOLVE THE MAN ARE SICK!!!

Rase
11-18-2005, 05:21 AM
I'm all for a funny parody of anything, so I say go for it.

This reminds me of this. (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/244611)

Garland
11-18-2005, 05:39 AM
If you know the difference between funny and stupid, I'm sure your parody idea would be a big hit. Go for it. For an example of funny vs stupid, Spaceballs is funny, but Kung Pao, Enter the fist, I'm gonna have to say, edges towards just being stupid at times.

BatChao
11-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Well...if you've already gathered 85 people and are already hard at work on it... I think it'd be a serious insult to all those people to just can it because some people on a forum told you it wasn't a good idea...

Plus, fanmade films aren't usually judged in the same frame of mind that other films are. Just continue on as long as your cast, crew, and budget hold out.