PDA

View Full Version : FF7, the BEST?

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Please don't hate me for asking, but what is the big deal with FF7? I love most FFs, including this one, but I don't quite get why this one is so highly acclaimed. Thank you for answers.:confused:

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I like it better then the others cus it was the 1st ff game i got so that's why i think it's the best

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Please don't hate me for asking, but what is the big deal with FF7? I love most FFs, including this one, but I don't quite get why this one is so highly acclaimed. Thank you for answers.:confused:
You know, when someone is a n00b in "this" forum they're usually going to say FFVII is their favorite. I already like you. I love this game aswell but it's not the best. It's too overrated aswell..

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
You know, when someone is a n00b in "this" forum they're usually going to say FFVII is their favorite. I already like you. I love this game aswell but it's not the best. It's too overrated aswell..
you calling me a n00b

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Thank ya kindly

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 09:55 PM
you calling me a n00b
Did I say that?? No I didn't...

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 09:58 PM
you said "You know, when someone is a n00b in "this" forum they're usually going to say FFVII is their favorite" and i said ff7 is my favorite (well kinda) so you called me a n00b now if you just say sorry i'll leave it k?

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, I did say that but I also said "They're usually going to say"...

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 10:02 PM
and i did say it so just say sorry and we can forget about it okay

Dinnova
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
People, people! calm down.

How does saying that FF7 is your favorit game in this form make you a "noob"?
but anyways, lets try to stay on topic here. People like ff7 more probably just cause it was there first ff game. I agree its a little overrated, but regardless it was still a grest game, like all the others.

p.s. It is snowing like HELL here.

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 10:16 PM
People, people! calm down.

How does saying that FF7 is your favorit game in this form make you a "noob"?

*Sigh* It doesn't. What I am implying is that most people say FFVII is their favorite and most of those people are n00bs. Never once said you were a n00b for saying it's your favorite. Cleared out now??

Dinnova
11-17-2005, 10:18 PM
*Sigh* It doesn't. What I am implying is that most people say FFVII is their favorite and most of those people are n00bs. Never once said you were a n00b for saying it's your favorite. Cleared out now??
ya ya.

P.S. sorry for all the editing i did to my last post.

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 10:19 PM
it's just the way you said it so we may have gotten the woung end of the stick

crashNUMBERS
11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Well this is where I will say sorry.

Anniexo
11-17-2005, 10:56 PM
ya forgiven

Destai
11-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Could you all stop responding.

Its most peoples favpurite FF because it was advertised better than the FF's before it. So most people played it first. Alot of people find theyre first FF is theyre favourite.

Dinnova
11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I never played ff7 till like....last year. I don’t remember any commercials either. To busy with Nintendo I guess.
FFX was my first ff game, but I still find FF7 to be my favorite.
I wish that i acualy played it when it first came out. then i could have been amazed with the graphics. but regardless the story line is what I like, and most of the characters in it are my favorite characters.

Evolavas
11-18-2005, 12:23 AM
My first FF game was also X, and I had never played anything like it.(basically rpgs).I thought nothing could be as good. I then found it that there were others before it, I got VIII, I got hooked. I thought it was even than X. I decided to check out VII. At first I still liked VIII better, but I started to relize the true brillance of the story-line. So thats why I think a lot of people enjoy VII the most.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-18-2005, 12:47 AM
My first was X, and they were better FFs than X

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 12:57 AM
:mog:
My first was X, and they were better FFs than X
I respectfully disagree...
HEAR THAT CAP'N EINSTEINS?! Please no more fighting.
God I love this website.....

Slade
11-18-2005, 05:54 AM
I find it overrated. Its an awsome game but I prefer about 5 other Final Fantasy games before this one (for the record:VIII,IX,V,X,and VI).

boys from the dwarf
11-18-2005, 07:10 AM
just becuase FF7s somenones favourite doesnt make them a NooB. i find FF7 good but overrated and i like both FF8 and FF9 better( and not because of graphics becuase graphics mean nothing to me.)

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 05:03 PM
This game is amazing for lots of things, the story, materia, graphi........music. This is my favourite game of all time, ive never had so many good times with other games. This wasnt my first FF, FFVI was. So the first game thing dosent apply. I dont think anyone really hates this game, I think most people hate the way fanboys like me treat it, and just retaliate because they have got nothing better to do.
No one ever questions that yes, this may just be the most perfect game ever. Its when people that dislike the game hear that, that they become FFVII nazis and get so edgy....

Sephitachi7
11-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Funny stuff, but also very true...

GunbladeMaster
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
8 pwns all

Destai
11-18-2005, 07:26 PM
This game is amazing for lots of things, the story, materia, graphi........music. This is my favourite game of all time, ive never had so many good times with other games. This wasnt my first FF, FFVI was. So the first game thing dosent apply. I dont think anyone really hates this game, I think most people hate the way fanboys like me treat it, and just retaliate because they have got nothing better to do.
No one ever questions that yes, this may just be the most perfect game ever. Its when people that dislike the game hear that, that they become FFVII nazis and get so edgy....
The story or music isnt that amazing. Its just very enjoyable. They never really were even when it was new.

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 08:18 PM
The story or music isnt that amazing
I dont mind people slagging the story, just cause I guess it was flawed, but music, you take that back, you take that back I say !

?????
11-18-2005, 08:59 PM
VII's my favorite so far. Yes, there's a certain amount of nostalgia involved, but I only played it recently. I've played IV through X-2 and Tactics, and VII still reigns, though VI and X come very close.

It does seem like a lot of FFVII fans are n00bs, though, or share some of the characteristics of n00bs.

Omni-Odin
11-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I played X and Tactics first. I then played VII, VIII and IX in that order. VII came out on top for me in terms of story and materia system and music. I think it's a great story for the bad guy to finally realize their past at the same time the main character does. I see no flaws. I think that if any FF is overrated, it's VI. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and challenging and it's better than most, but I find it more overrated in terms of music and story. Too many characters with no real story too.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 05:03 AM
Final Fantasy VIII has a good story and the junction system was kinda cool.

Final Fantasy IX has a good story and a VERY good ending but I didn't like what they did with the 'limit breaks' (I forgot what they were called here).

Final Fantasy X had incredible graphics, good story, and good mini-games.

Final Fantasy VI had a GREAT story line and good songs too.

Final Fantasy VII had all but graphics making it, in my opinion and tens of thousands of others, the best FF so far.

redxiiii
11-19-2005, 09:27 PM
FF7 was the first game I played and although I have played practically every other FF this one is still the best in my eyes mainly because of the story and the Majorly cool characters. Especially Red lol. gameplay was really cool aswell and the Gold saucer was entertaining i thought. thats just my view tho.

TifaLockhart7
11-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it's the best Final Fantasy game I EVER played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Necron
11-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I think Final Fantasy VII is better, and it's not because of reasons stated before such as 'better advertising' or, 'first FF i played'.
I played VIII and IX before i played VII, and I still thought it was better. I was too young to take notice of advertisements when the game came out.
I just think that the story is much better than the rest of them. There are many sidequests and the gameplay is original.
And that guy that said most people who think FF7 is the best are n00bs, you are very wrong :) You can't call someone a n00b because of their interests.