PDA

View Full Version : Someone HELP ME!!

squee168
11-18-2005, 12:41 AM
ok ive got a serious problem with FF8 pc. Im stuck in the beggining of the parade where edea controls rinoa and i cant get passed it. Ive tried everythingi spent $400 on new parts for the game i downloaded and tried both patches but i cant get passed that movie. Can anyone help me, would anyone be willing to play through the movie on my save file?

Final Fantasy Sage
11-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Okies, I had a very similar problem with the space movie. What I did was I saved my save file on a disk, and wrote down it's location, then I uninstalled the game, defragged, downloaded all updated drivers for my hardware, made sure my visual accelleration was maxed, and virtual memory was set to 4095 to start and 4095 at max. Then I reinstalled the game, and put my save file back where it belonged. I loaded up and not only did everything run smoother, but I got past the movie with flawless success. That's why I'm the Final Fantasy Sage.

Strife Leonhart
11-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Well if that doesn't work, it could be that there is a error in the way the CD was written/made, or it could be that your disc has a scratch on it, and it is making the reading laser of your CD-ROM drive unnable to read the data correctly.

I suggest to try cleaning the CD, see if that helps.

squee168
11-19-2005, 08:54 PM
ok so i tried doing the first thing no difference, then i tried cleaning it still nothing. Im kinda sure that it is an error with disc one so i tried to copy disc 1 to my hard drive. It gets half way through the movie files and then it fails. Is there anyway around this, id like to download an iso but 1) i think its illegal and 2) i cant find any
any suggestions?

phoenix_noway
11-20-2005, 08:10 AM
i may have one save just pass the beginning of the parade where Squall and Irvine sneak in to the building

Strife Leonhart
11-21-2005, 02:10 AM
I say trade in your copy of the PC version of the game and get another one. Because it is pointless if the disk will not work past a certain point.

squee168
11-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Do you think i could get that save game because i really dont want to have to go through the hassle of trading the game in for a new one.

phoenix_noway
11-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Do you think i could get that save game because i really dont want to have to go through the hassle of trading the game in for a new one.

yes
go for c:/programme files/square soft/Final Fantasy VIII/Save/Slot

then put your new save there and you can contunie on my start

squee168
11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
yes
go for c:/programme files/square soft/Final Fantasy VIII/Save/Slot

then put your new save there and you can contunie on my start

Ok but where do i get the save file from?

Nick Schovitz
11-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Wait so you have it on PC I didn't know they had FF games on PC!

squee168
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
they have updated versions of 7 and 8 on PC and i think there is a new one thats on PC

Zanius
11-22-2005, 07:30 PM
I know that my tip may sound a little ridiculous, but a friend of mine had the same problem, and it was because of codec. It means programs that you install to your PC to see divx movies. It's a shot in the dark, but it's worth to check.

That same problem happened to me when I played Final Fantasy 7.

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
I know that my tip may sound a little ridiculous, but a friend of mine had the same problem, and it was because of codec. It means programs that you install to your PC to see divx movies. It's a shot in the dark, but it's worth to check.

That same problem happened to me when I played Final Fantasy 7.
UM...its a game, not a movie...

Zanius
11-22-2005, 11:58 PM
UM...its a game, not a movie...

You didn't understand... the codec may interfere with the game's performance, that's the reason of why I mentioned... some game videos may crash with codec programs...

Aurora_sword
11-23-2005, 12:35 AM
You didn't understand... the codec may interfere with the game's performance, that's the reason of why I mentioned... some game videos may crash with codec programs...
ah, you mean like the fmv's are divx encoded?

anakkampung85
11-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Emmm that problem is same as mine... I can't through FMV about attack of Galbadian soldiers on Balamb Garden and this FMV suddenly crash to desktop...... It is difficult to find a way.... I'm in Malaysia, cannot find another trade CD game... I don't know how to do...

Zanius
11-23-2005, 09:12 AM
ah, you mean like the fmv's are divx encoded?

Yeah... or something like that. Sometimes the codec itself may give some interference with the game's fmv.

Emmm that problem is same as mine... I can't through FMV about attack of Galbadian soldiers on Balamb Garden and this FMV suddenly crash to desktop...... It is difficult to find a way.... I'm in Malaysia, cannot find another trade CD game... I don't know how to do...

In your case you can talk with someone who doesn't have that kind of problem. You can send the save to me and I'll be glad to pass this part for you.

squee168
11-26-2005, 09:33 PM
hhaha i just got a new save file for the game after two months and i get like 5 minutes into the game and it freezes again!!! after zell says the parade is starting the screen starts to twitch and it just sits there mocking me!!

anakkampung85
11-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah... or something like that. Sometimes the codec itself may give some interference with the game's fmv.

In your case you can talk with someone who doesn't have that kind of problem. You can send the save to me and I'll be glad to pass this part for you.

sure.. how do I send my save file to you? Your email address?

squee168
12-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Hurray!! e-mail me at monkeyswithtonsofguns@yahoo.com

Zanius
12-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Ok just send me a PM! ;)