PDA

View Full Version : how do you get BREAK DAMAGE LIMIT for TIDUS ?? O_O (chocobo race or dark matter x99)

six underground
11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Can someone pleeease help me on how to *more possibly* get less than 0.00 on that crazy chocobo sun sigil race or get Break Damage Limit on the Caladbolg by *more possibly* getting a lot of Dark Matters ( by capturing more than 5 monsters each, easier said than done because creatures like MASTER TONBERRIES only appear when they feel like it. :eek: )

boys from the dwarf
11-18-2005, 03:01 PM
be patient.

Christmas
11-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Dark Matters aren't that hard to come by as you can earn other rewards as you work for it.

For me, I battled One Eye for Triple AP weapons and selling all those extra one. Before I knew it, I had Triple AP weapons for everyone and a lot of Dark Matters. Not to forget a lot of money too from selling all those extra weapons.

As for Chocobo Racing: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69000

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
chocobo racing is EASY!! i can't understand y people find it so hard

Blitz Ace
11-18-2005, 11:10 PM
i did both, because first of all i couldnt get the sun crest (because dark bahamut was in my way) so i had to have another weapon for tidus... but after i killed dark bahamut, i did the chocobo race, which only took about 40 minutes until i got it... it was frustrating, but if you work at it, you'll get lucky eventually.

but if your lookin for dark matter, battling monster arena bosses is your best bet (and im pretty sure its 60 dark matter for break damage limit).

ffxfreak93
11-19-2005, 07:08 PM

lol, it is

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-19-2005, 07:15 PM
yup, it is. i can do it in bout 5 mins now. the first time i did it it tuk bout 1/2 hour, then steadily got better :D

rubah
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
You just need dark matter x 60. x99 is for ribbon, and is only in the international version, I think?

I find it easier to earn dark matter than play that infernal chocobo racing game.

Of course, it may happen that one day I actually *get* the sun sigil, in which case I will join those calling it easy, as I have joined those of the venus and saturn sigil camps.

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-20-2005, 05:55 AM
its hard cuase of the balls and most people don't got great viewing and *smack* also getting those balloons is hard also cuase that bitgh keeps takign them

i recommand the dark matter

Behold the Void
11-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Don't bother with the Caldabolg. It doesn't give an Aeon the ability to break damage limit, which means you're better off customizing one yourself.

As far as getting Dark Matters, I highly suggest you check out some of the faqs on Gamefaqs.com to find out the best way to do it.

six underground
11-20-2005, 06:52 AM
thanks guys :) i guess i should go for the darkmatter x60 bit. this is the only ff game where I didn't even want to try for the "ultimate weapon" for the main character...lost my mood to play when i found out there was no way around it. :rolleyes2 :)

Blitz Ace
11-20-2005, 11:19 AM
thanks guys :) i guess i should go for the darkmatter x60 bit. this is the only ff game where I didn't even want to try for the "ultimate weapon" for the main character...lost my mood to play when i found out there was no way around it. :rolleyes2 :)
wait a minute, you havnt even tried?? ... you should at least give it a solid go (like 30 minutes) and if you cant get it, then do the dark matter way (which will take a while longer - that is pretty much guaranteed).

also, another reason for getting the caladbolg is if you have the PAL version (international) you will need ultimate weapons to beat the dark aeons and penance... because they ignore defence and will do max damage (a customized weapon of the same type will not)... but if your only motive is finishing the game, then you dont even need a weapon with break damage limit... you could do the monster arena stuff without the calabdbolg also... ne way, do as you see fit, it is your game after all!! :D :D

Khaotic
11-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Don't bother with the Caldabolg. It doesn't give an Aeon the ability to break damage limit, which means you're better off customizing one yourself.

As far as getting Dark Matters, I highly suggest you check out some of the faqs on Gamefaqs.com to find out the best way to do it.
but but but, it looks so cool! :rolleyes2

Christmas
11-21-2005, 06:43 AM
but but but, it looks so cool! :rolleyes2

Besides looking cool, you will deal more damage when Tidus have more HP. But subsequently you will deal less damage when Tidus' HP is low.

It all depends on one choice whether to have a full collection of the Celestial Weapon, also a point to take note of is a customized weapon deal constant damage in regardless of HP. (of course Defense or other stuff is taken into consideration....)

Cruise Control
11-21-2005, 09:50 AM
And so the debate rages on. When I feel like it I will type the pros and cons of each.

Primus Inter Pares
11-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah just do the chocobo race and get the sigil/crest and the ultimate weapon, a lot faster and a lot easier.

Aurora_sword
11-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Jesus its like 10x harder than Lightning Dodging man!
I give up on FFX chocobo racing

rubah
11-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Earning dark matters is more productive anyways. The best you can do with chocobo racing is earning some ethers and stuff before you get the sigil.

Zophael22
11-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I actually did the stupid chocobo racing.. took me a few hrs I think.. Do I hate those birds... I think I got like 1 sec, or so 3 times b4 I finally managed to get 0.0... And did I get a good time I think I got like -19secs or some crazy stuff like that... I pushed the trainer aside somehow and got ahead of him, then I just took ALOT of those ballons and stayed clear of every single bird :D Damn lucky if you ask me!!

I would say you kinda have to do it.. at least to have the complete set of Legendary weapons, no matter if you´re not gonna use ´em all the time. Right now I´m working on the last 255s, Luck and Magic.. the "fun" ones.. and I´m also customizing my own weapons. I think Tidus got much better when I customized a new weapon for him, he deals out alot more dmg now than with Caladbolg. Also, his critical hit ratio seems to be higher now for some reason.

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
FFX just get silly after you get strong really.
You'll end up with 6 people with the exact same abilities (except overdrives) and equal status....

TheSpoonyBard
11-24-2005, 03:09 PM
You'll end up with 6 people with the exact same abilities (except overdrives) and equal status....

The same can be said for FFVI (to some extent), FFVII, FFVIII and FFX-2.

I think BDL is useful in FFX as the enemies have much more HP than enemies of other games. For example, the WEAPONs of FFVII have just 1 million HP, where Dark Anima has 8 million and Penance has a whopping 12 million. I don't bother with BHPL or BMPL though.

rubah
11-24-2005, 06:35 PM
When the overdrives are used nearly as much as the other moves (And handily so) they can make or break a character.

I like rikku's overdrives because they can allow me to cast about four spells in one turn (light curtain x2)

Yuna's gets you access to about ten more players, auron's is the easiest to get and will serve you for a while, tidus and wakka's and lulu's give you multiple hits, but I'm just not sure about kimarhi's.

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-04-2005, 12:09 AM
The precious time I fought many One-Eyes in 50+ battles in order to get Triple AP weapons to save my money and often get 2x Mag Def Spheres (50+ battles for fighting One-Eye = 99 Mag Def Spheres) rarely get 2x Dark Matters, overkill for all boses is a must!

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2005, 01:38 AM

Caldabolg comes with the added bonus that it increases in damage depending on how much HP Tidus has. Even with the BDL weapon with 255 Strength, you're still looking at around 40k damage tops. With Caldabolg and a whole lot of HP, you'll easily reach the 99,999 barrier.

TheSpoonyBard
12-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Also, as with all CWs, the target's Defence is ignored when attacking physically. Armoured fiends will still receive less damage though.