PDA

View Full Version : So...your grades have some 'Deferred Success'?

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2005-11-18T152638Z_01_FLE855578_RTRUKOC_0_US-ODD-WORDS.xml

I swear...normal people can't make this kind of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif up. Only nut jobs.

Lindy
11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
In 10th place was a move aimed at the heart of Australian culture when security staff were banned from using the word "mate" to address members of parliament. The MPs rebelled and said not being called "mate" was unpatriotic.
I lol'd.

Yamaneko
11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Stop the profanity, ed, or I will be forced to permanently withhold your membership to this forum.

eestlinc
11-18-2005, 08:36 PM
i like "thought shower". that's about a ridiculous as possible. "oh, brainstorm might offend people who have no brains!"

clearly.

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Stop the profanity, ed, or I will be forced to permanently withhold your membership to this forum.

What profanity? All I see are skulls :skull: to the :skull: mother :skull:er?!

Slothy
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
The worlds becoming a little too politically correct if you ask me. Thought shower and deferred success are where I'm drawing the line. If you failed you failed. Sugar coating it won't make a difference, and you just insult students intelligence by trying if you ask me. I'm glad most of this crap will never catch on (hoping anyway).

Dignified Pauper
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
this is simply laughable. Honestly. Minimum Wage Workers and Starters or beginning jobs were renamed "Entry Level Position".

If you're new to a job, you're a beginner, you're on the low-rank of a job.

I have no problem with offending people, most of the time, people that get offended are offended by the smallest things.

People need to learn that just because they are offended, it doesn't mean that they don't have serious character defects.

Besides... What hits harder, the big fat "Failed" and being called a "Failure", or saying "He opted to defer his success" ? Seriously.

This thread offends me.

eestlinc
11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
"Russia is the homeland of elephants."

Madame Adequate
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Note how a couple of the worst ones are English. Mmmmm, gotta love that deferred success of our politically correct enterprises, yes?

In other news, Yams vs. ed round 1

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Nah. Not yet. Yams had made a great joke. Instead of being banned I would have my 'membership permanently withheld'. Great pun. I get PMs when my swearing gets outta control ;)

Shlup
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
ed's success at life has been defrerred.

Hawkeye
11-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'm going to quit using the word 'brainstorm' because when I say 'brainstorm' I'm actually referring to people with brain disorders and poking fun at them. Some people really need to get a life.

Shlup
11-18-2005, 09:47 PM
brainstorm = seizure? mebbe

Raistlin
11-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Second on the list was "Intrinsic Aptitude," a phrase used by Harvard University President Lawrence Summers to explain why women might be underrepresented in engineering and science. The phrase met with "deferred success" and Summers had to fight to keep to his job.
ahahahaha

Yeah, that's retarded.

Shoden
11-18-2005, 10:09 PM
ROFL, this is idiotic, these government nutters are insane and retarded.

I thought political correctness was bad this is just plain stupid.

These loonies are "deferrebly successers!"

rubah
11-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Let's just cut to the chase and start using the Abridged Dictionary of Newspeak 9th Edition.

Madame Adequate
11-19-2005, 04:44 AM
Let's just cut to the chase and start using the Abridged Dictionary of Newspeak 9th Edition.

I unthink phrase 'cut to the chase' is good.

Dr. Casey
11-19-2005, 05:49 AM
I think "Eyes on Final Fantasy" is a wildly insensitive name. It fails to take into account the fact that some of its members are blind, or that some of us might not like Final Fantasy. It should be renamed to, "A Forum Where the Majority of People Like To Discuss Final Fantasy - But if That's Not Your Cup of Tea, That's Perfectly Okay - We're All Unique and Special in our Own Certain Way!"

Yamaneko
11-19-2005, 05:58 AM
EoFF should be renamed the "Sean Robinson Experience".

Dignified Pauper
11-19-2005, 06:03 AM
EoFF should be renamed the "Sean Robinson Experience".

Then it is agreed. During Sean Robinson Week, this must happen. But wait, someone may say that, because Sean hardly posts, the experience falls short of expectation, thus false advertisement. What a conundrum.

Dr. Casey
11-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Flaming lands, Yamaneko! I haven't even heard of this fellow called "Sean Robinson". Is he a great man?

theundeadhero
11-19-2005, 06:16 AM
What a doubleplus idea!