PDA

View Full Version : The Boondocks

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Has anyone else been watching this show. I love the comic and have been reading it since it started and now they have turned it into a cartoon on cartoon network. The last episode was great...the trial of R Kelly :D

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 09:10 PM
I love that show.....
"OK Mr. I wanna lock ni****s up fur peein"!

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
When I was in NYC, I saw squillions of these posters advertising Boondocks. I can imagine is to be cliche and steriotype ......

edczxcvbnm
11-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I like Rukus

Rukus: "That nigger is guilty!"
Judge: "You have to deliberate."
Rukus: "I don't need to deliberate. Hang that nigger. I got the rope right here."

*note* Rukus is a crazy old black guy.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 09:13 PM
HAHAHA!

Dreddz
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I do want to see this somewhat now, but these things can either been insanely funny, or stupidly overblown and racist .....

Shlup
11-18-2005, 09:21 PM
The previews were amusing, but I haven't actually watched it.

Samuraid
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
It wasn't all that amusing. The R Kelly court scene was mildly funny though.

Skarr
11-30-2005, 03:46 AM
I've only seen one of the episodes, and it happens to be the R Kelly trail. It was ok...it had some deapth to it. It's about time a show cause some controversy for c/n. :D

Rye
11-30-2005, 11:52 AM
The previews were amusing, but I haven't actually watched it.

Levian
11-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Ah, I thought this was going to be about The Boondock Saints.

Black Angel
11-30-2005, 12:27 PM
"Excuse me! May I have your attention, plz? Jesus was black, Ronald Reagans' the devil, and the goverment is lying to you 'bout 9/11. Thank you for your time..."
:lol:
That was when I first heard about it!

Miriel
11-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I've only seen one of he episodes, and it happens to be the R Kelly trail. It was ok...it had some deapth to it. It's about time a show cause some controversy for c/n. :D

That's the one I watched too. I laughed.

Karl
11-30-2005, 04:20 PM
i've only seen the one where the granpa kills a blind guy, wasnt too bad

Madame Adequate
11-30-2005, 04:29 PM
When I was in NYC, I saw squillions of these posters advertising Boondocks. I can imagine is to be cliche and steriotype ......

Yes, but all that stuff's ironic. McGruder's a smart guy, plus he's black so as I understand it, that allows him to say whatever he wants about black people.

Good show, though I've only seen one episode (Where Grandad kills Stinkmeaner). I love the comic, too.

DMKA
11-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I can't watch anything that says "nigger". "Nigga" is fine though.

Crossblades
11-30-2005, 07:31 PM
It's enjoyable to watch to say the least:)

Necronopticous
11-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I never really liked the comic so I'm not sure I'd like the show. Seems like the only good newspaper comics these days are Cats with Hands, Dilbert, and Non Sequitur.

Shoeberto
11-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I love this show.

Max
12-01-2005, 12:55 AM
I saw one episode, it was funny. Their grampa was dating a hooker. XD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2005, 03:09 AM
I love the comic, and the show complements it well. Just as Aaron/Huey's insights into black America set the comic aside from any other, so do they define the show as unique from anything else on television. Nothing was diluted in the translation at all; if anything, the messages are stronger since they can have more expansive scenarios and can actually cuss now. That, and it's simply pretty to look at; the character designs, environments, and animation all have had an unusual amount of effort put into them. Overall, I think it's getting progressively better with each new episode.

crashNUMBERS
12-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I have yet to see it. Tell me when it shows on and I'll watch...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/boondocks/index.html

edczxcvbnm
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree with what Kawaii has to say on the show. I would also like to add that it took them 18 months to make the episodes that they will air. I am not sure of the specifics of this due to Fox doing 2 pilots that never aired and then the show moving to Cartoon Network and coming up with everything.

"I'm a Pimp Named Slickback. You say the whole thing like A Tribe Called Quest."
"Can't I call you Slickback for short?"
"nnNNNOOOOO Nigga! I'm a Pimp Named Slickback!"

That whole scene was histerical.

crashNUMBERS
12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
A Tribe Called Quest!? I love that group!! I gotta see this show!!

Psydekick
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Its a bit to late for me to watch.

Zeromus_X
12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
i've only seen the r. kelly episode, but it was hilarious! (i had to process all the swearing :p )

its a good show.:)

Sephex
12-18-2005, 08:02 PM
"...The **** y'all lookin' at?"

*claps*

Bendak
12-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I've seen all of them. I love the boondocks. I never seen any of the comics though. Woot tonight is a new episode.

B-dup
12-20-2005, 06:28 AM
yea it is a great show but im amazed that this show hasn't been cut yet because of what they can get away with. Other than that it's so funny it might surpass family guy.

The Man
12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I saw the episode in which Samuel L. Jackson was a guest star. It was a hilarious satire of the Iraq war, and I’ll probably start watching the show regularly when I get back to Davie.

Shlup
12-20-2005, 07:21 PM
I've seen a couple of episodes now. I really want to laugh, but I just am not finding it funny. I did like the Christmas episode though. So that's like, one out of three or four that I've seen.

escobert
12-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Third best show ever. After Aqua Teen Hunger Force and cops.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I saw the episode in which Samuel L. Jackson was a guest star. It was a hilarious satire of the Iraq warThat's got to be my favorite episode yet on account of the almost episode-wide metaphor at play. I mean it didn't really occur to me until they were robbing the store, but then I saw the episode again and realized the parallels had begun way before that. And of course the inclusion of Charlie Murphy and Sam Jackson--complete with a reprisal of his Pulp Fiction dialogue--made it that much better.

Shoeberto
12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Man, that's the only episode I haven't seen in its entirety, too. I was sort of half-watching it, and was laughing at Charlie Murphy's character being back, but I didn't get to see it all. Time to hit up the torrent sites, I guess.

Skarr
12-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, that one was funny. Tha last three one's however, have been a little gay. Firstly was the lawyer afraid of being anally raped in prision("You droped the soup nigga, Pick up the soup nigga."), then there was the wet kiss between Gangsta whats his name and some dude. And finally was the fuck pic when what's his name was giving his vision of Christmas. But alas they were funny as hell.

Ashley Schovitz
12-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey did you just post the n word, let me tell you about that that word needs to be abolished, it only discriminates my people and you shouldn't definetly not say it if you're white.

I love EdIII but I can't find any pics of him or Crystol.:)

The Man
12-24-2005, 12:48 AM
That's got to be my favorite episode yet on account of the almost episode-wide metaphor at play. I mean it didn't really occur to me until they were robbing the store, but then I saw the episode again and realized the parallels had begun way before that. And of course the inclusion of Charlie Murphy and Sam Jackson--complete with a reprisal of his Pulp Fiction dialogue--made it that much better.Couldn’t agree with you more; the Pulp Fiction references turned it from a merely excellent episode into a classic. I picked up on the metaphor immediately, but I didn’t realize how deep the satire went until I looked the show up on Wikipedia. Judging from that episode, I wouldn’t be far amiss to start watching the show regularly.

Hey did you just post the n word, let me tell you about that that word needs to be abolished, it only discriminates my people and you shouldn't definetly not say it if you're whiteWhile I agree that the N-word tends to be used in a racist context, in cases like The Boondocks or Pulp Fiction it is being used to parody racism.

Ashley Schovitz
12-24-2005, 12:52 AM
What was the name of Samuel L. Jackson's chracter and why give the white characters black voices?

The Man
12-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Samuel L. Jackson’s character was named Gin Rummy (an obvious reference to Donald Rumsfeld). I believe the implication in giving the white characters black voices is that they are "wiggers."

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
12-30-2005, 12:43 PM
"Does she duck under the table when a man in a purple suit walks buy"
"Yeah but a lot of people do that";)
or
"50% of nigga moments are started by Nikes":mad:
or
"If I was to piss on you right now would you A) move the hell out the way or stand there and take it ohh and id like to give a big shout out to
my homie Deebo!":)
or
"When I was a kid my favorite rapper was Ice Cube"
"The dude who does all those family movies":D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2006, 04:40 AM
Tonight was the start of a new batch of episodes, and the first one out must be my favorite episode yet. Reasons to watch:<ul type="1"><li>The return of Sam Jackson as Gin Rummy
<li>Bizarre non-sequitur fight scenes
<li>Bushido Brown, the soulful bodyguard
<li>"I sent that bitch a smiley face."</ul>

Elite Lord Sigma
02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
I've only seen one episode, and that was the one with Martin Luther King, Jr. in it.

Tidus Andronicus
02-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I've only seen one episode, and that was the one with Martin Luther King, Jr. in it.
yah, and so far, thats been one of the best ones, IMO. lol That episode is why I still watch the show. =3

Good Show :p "Its fun to dream..."