PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Dolls

Rye
11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
http://dresdendolls.com/

Their new album is scheduled for early 2006, I can't wait. They're having a contest (http://dresdendolls.com/calltoartists/index.htm) for the booklet artwork, and once that's done, I guess the CD will be released a bit after since they've finished it mostly. :)

They're my favourite band, I love them. They're one of the few bands where I like every single song by them. Their old songs are especially awesome. They're a two person band, Amanda Palmer on the piano and Brian Viglione on the drums and guitar, though there isn't much guitar. It's a mostly piano & drum band, hence the Brechtian Punk Cabaret genre. I am insane about Amanda's lyrics, they're dark without being emo and funny without being a joke. :p

Top 10 songs by them (in my opinion)/Songs you should download by them:

Thirty Wacks
Girl Anachronism (Probably the heaviest song by them)
Mandy Goes to Med School
Shores of California
Glass Slipper
Half Jack
Colorblind (Probably their most mellow song)
Jeep Song
Coin-Operated Boy
Mrs. O

Tell me what you think of them?

Chris
11-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Definitely originals. The mix between Cabaret and modern rock is definitely their own sound. :p

You do know that their "new" album is out now? It's called: "A Is for Accident" which is a live EP.

Sare
11-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Kah, I discovered them a while ago and I fell in love instantly. They're original and I don't think they sound bad at all quite the opposite.

Rye
11-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Definitely originals. The mix between Cabaret and modern rock is definitely their own sound. :p

You do know that their "new" album is out now? It's called: "A Is for Accident" which is a live EP.

Naw, A Is For Accident isn't the new album, that's an old EP. I want that EP badly, but then again, it may not be worth it, since I have most of the songs on it. But yet, they ARE my favourite band... hmmmm. xD

xtreme112
11-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I listened to 2 of their songs and never ever EVER listened to them again
*Throws up*

Zeldy
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I listened to Girl Anachronism and i like them sorta ^_^

Epiphany
11-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Dresden Dolls are one of my bands that I absolutely adore but don't play much. For me it takes a certain mood to be able to listen to them for long periods of time.