PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Levian
11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Ok, so this is probably an easy question, but I'm still going to ask it. My computer has a DVD-drive, so I thought "Hey, why not play DVD's on it?" and well, it didn't work. It said "a DVD decoder is not installed". The DVD also opened in Windows Media Player. Hlep me. :cry:

crono_logical
11-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Try the link in my sig, and choose Media Player Classic during the installation :p

Samuraid
11-19-2005, 09:58 PM
If you have any trouble getting your software decoder to work through mplayer classic, (as clout mentioned) you can also try http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ for DVD playback.

Levian
11-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Damn, it worked. I love you. :D

However, I now have another problem. D: There's no sound.
I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to these technical problems. Sorry.

(I'm using Media Player Classic.)

Edit: When I said dumbass, I was not kidding. I forgot to put my speakers on. Damn. xD
Anyways, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Levian
11-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Ok, sorry for doubleposting. It's just that I have something new to add.

Is there any way to play these DVD's on regular DVD players? I bought these DVD's in Thailand, so they're most likely fake. It's a bit boring to watch on the computar you know? Or if that's not possible, is it possible to connect the computer to a TV instead of a PC Monitor? I think I've seen that somewhere.

crono_logical
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Normally, I'd assume "fake" or pirated DVDs would be region-less so would play in any DVD player, unlike the crappy locked commercial stuff :p Have you tried putting them in your DVD player and see what happens? :p Of course, if they're real Thailand DVDs, then it might be they're the wrong region :p

Levian
11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Yep, I tried it in our DVD, and it said it couldn't read it. However, it might just be our DVD player being cranky. I haven't tried it in others yet, so I guess I'll try that first.