PDA

View Full Version : Whats that freaking smell

Destai
11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Were you ever convinced you could smell something but couldnt find the source or figure out what it was? I've been sitting here at my computer trying to figure it out for ages now.

kikimm
11-20-2005, 01:02 AM
It happens to me all the time. I've learned not to mention it ever, though, cause everybody always looks at me like I'm crazy.

It's not my fault their nose sucks.

Shoden
11-20-2005, 01:05 AM
It happens alot to me aswell, at school I can usually smell burning.

Boosk
11-20-2005, 01:17 AM
When I go back home to Derby I can smell Hull...Its unnerving...

Kagga:love:

Rye
11-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I do that a lot. xD

rubah
11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Sadly I know full well that the smell in the bathroom yesterday was coming from the mildewed wall exposed after renovations.

RSL
11-20-2005, 01:53 AM
There was a rather unpleasant odor in my apartment earlier today. I couldn't track down the source. It was sort of distressing. However, after leaving for several hours and coming back, I no longer notice it. Perhaps it was something outside.

Erdrick Holmes
11-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Well, today at work we turned on the heater but the vents still had dust in them. I smelled dust being burnt but nobody else did... till the whole kitchen filled with smoke.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-20-2005, 02:06 AM
I do that alot but i try not to.
It still happens.Oh well xD

Mittopotahis
11-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Yes, that happens alot. Altough usually I find out it was me.

Resha
11-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Nope, my sense of smell sucks. Plus, I love the smell of paint and cigarette smoke and other random things most people hate, so I just sniff away in joy! :D But I don't sniff glue. And sometimes I smell airplanes everywhere. Oooh, the smell of airplanes. :love:

Dolentrean
11-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Ya, I have a good sence of smell (I wonder if it has anything to do with my bi nose..) so I often will walk into my friends house and start looking around for the food I smell (i.e. pizza they had earlier, or new groceies). or I will smell rain in the air before anyone else and say, its gonna rain soon, then everyone looks at me like im crazy...
I also hate the muskey smell in my math hall, most people dont notice it till i point it out... it smells alot like mold under wet carpet.

Marshall Banana
11-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Sometimes, but if I smell something bad it's probably coming from the kitchen because my mother is cooking something.

Leeza
11-20-2005, 04:31 AM
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Found out my cat peed on my knitting so I had to throw everything out. :cat:

I still love him though. :)

Yamaneko
11-20-2005, 04:32 AM
You can't stay mad at them.

Hawkeye
11-20-2005, 04:33 AM
You know the smell of cardboard? Been looting around my house for a while, and I notice it when I open my refridgerator door.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-20-2005, 04:33 AM
When I first read that I thought it said "What's that funky smell?" From Stick' Around. Then I realized it wasn't

Yes, it happens to me often...especially when I am hungry...

Slade
11-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Quite often theres a weird smell in my room. It honestly smells like something dead under the house. But the only problem with that is the fact that the smell has been here for months.....you'd think that the dead whatever would've decomposed by now. Also another weird feature of my 'weird bedroom smell' is it only becomes possible to smell at a certain time of the day. About 6pm to 7pm......not everyday either only some days. I've smelt it lesser and lesser lately so perhaps whatever it is is finally going.

Polyonymous
11-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Sometimes I do, but not often... and whenver I do smell something strange, most other peole with me don't smell it. So I normally keep it to myself until somebody mentions it, that's when I tell them that they are crazy and I can't smell anything.

Rainecloud
11-20-2005, 07:23 AM
There's definitely something rotting in the front room, but I can't find it.

It's so annoying.

Tai-Ti
11-20-2005, 09:18 AM
just this weekend, everynow and then, i would smell something really foul, like mould, i dunno. (were we at our caravan) and it was ages before i found out my nans dog had dragged a piece of fish under my bed.

Alive-Cat
11-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Yesterday I thought I could smell burning around the computer, or somewhere in my room, but then I just forgot about it.

Destai
11-20-2005, 11:55 AM
It turned out it was on my shoe anyway.

Loony BoB
11-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes. I once spent days trying to figure out what was wrong before realising that the wallpaper behind the gas heater in the bathroom had peeled up and was catching dust, and the dust and wallpaper (and probably the glue/paste/whatever on the back of the wallpaper) were all touching the outside of the heater, causing them to heat.

It's happened other times but I never did find out what it was.

Faris
11-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, but normally I can't smell things after a bit.

xAerisx
11-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I smell petrol EVERYWHERE.

Resha
11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I smell petrol EVERYWHERE.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF PETROL! :D

Shoden
11-20-2005, 03:30 PM
The smell of petrol makes me sick but I love the smell of burning, like a field fire, or bonfire.

Dreddz
11-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Petrol is probably the nicest smell ive ever laid nostrils on ......

xAerisx
11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
This is true.

Ok so should I have a bacon sandwhich, a spaghetti ready-meal, or a packet of crisps?

Venom
11-20-2005, 06:49 PM
That was really random.

xAerisx
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I went for bacon sandwhich. I now smell bacon and sandwhich.

Anaisa
11-20-2005, 10:43 PM
More often than not those smells that seem to be coming from nowhere actually mean something to me, for example, if I smell sick it means someone im close to is ill or has been sick. This has been proven so far everytime to be correct. So I think you should play close attention to these smells and improve your psychic senses. And I feel I should tell this story for my own amusement if not for anyone else's. Me my dad, and my brother were at my dads mums house and we could smell something quite horrible coming from upstairs. Earlier on my dad and brother had told a story about my dads sisters husband coming to stay at the house and he had stayed in one of the bedrooms with an inbuilt wardrobe in it. But when he came downstairs in the morning he said to my nan "loving the ensuite" thinking the wardrobe was infact an ensuite. So we joked that the bad smell was coming from the inbuilt wardrobe and that he had gone the toilet in it in the middle of the night thinking it was an ensuite. And we now refer to that wardrobe as the "unsweet":lol: And on an insane appearing side note faeries like doughnuts. I know this because when my brother and I spoke to faeries we could both smell doughnuts....

Zeldy
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I was at a Halloween sleepover this October, and every 10 minutes I could smell Wheatabix. I was the only one and kept getting told I was wierd. My friend woke up from a Nightmare, Sat up and said "Can anyone else smell wheatabix?" I squealed and hugged her to death.