PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Bride

Boosk
11-20-2005, 01:10 AM
went to see Tim Burtons Corpse Bride at Braford Animation Festival (BAF 2005). Any one else seen it? What did you think? I thought it was really amazing! Very Tim Burton (duh!). The models are just so good! And beautiful.
I know this sounds dumb but the models were so well animated, to me, it looked a bit like a CG film, it was so smooth etc....you know what Im saying?

well, it was great.

Kagga:love:

Rye
11-20-2005, 01:27 AM
I agree, it did seem very CG-ish, especially during the scenes where Viktor first sees Emily, in the moonlight and all. I love the movie, it was just too short though. :)

Xaven
11-20-2005, 01:30 AM
I absolutely adored the music. Also, movie itself was great.

kikimm
11-20-2005, 01:35 AM
I really liked it too. I think I enjoyed it a little more than A Nightmare Before Christmas (which all my friends have been comparing it to). The voice acting was really great, and I loved the atmosphere. I wasn't too fond of the music, but that's okay.

But yeah, it was really short. :(

Chibi1309
11-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Yay, mesa was there with you! :love:

I did like it a lot, as you know Kagga, but I felt that it was a bit similar to nightmare before christmas.

I also felt that they didn't develop the characters enough - the bride had wayyy more potential. The ending was too abrupt.

Apart from that, I did enjoy it. A lot more than Wallace and Gromit!

I'd give it a seven out of ten!

I'd definitely see it again, though! ^^

Boosk
11-20-2005, 02:07 AM
yeah, it was WAY too short!
The voices were fantastic! Gotta love Jonny Depp!!

I know that parts were done in CG, like the butterflys etc. Just before the filme, one of the animators did a little talk. It was good but he was soooo nervous! But it was sooo amazing to hear about the film from a guy who actually made the characters come to life. One of the best days ever!

Kagga:love:

Dreddz
11-20-2005, 03:10 PM
pfft, nightmare before christmas had nothing to worry about .....