PDA

View Full Version : So how does the job system work in Dragon Warrior VII?

Crossblades
11-20-2005, 03:32 AM
I interested in playing DW VII, but I sort of confused by the class system. How does it work?

Sephex
11-20-2005, 05:03 AM
First, you don't start with the ability to choos jobs. You go through a decent sized portion of the game to get there. Once you get there, it works like this:

There is a Temple where you can choose a class. Once you choose a class, you get in battles to raise your expertise level (I think there are 8 of them). There is no set point to raise your class. You have to get in a certain amount of battles to raise your expertise level up. However, you can't cheat and go to the first area of the game and slaughter weak monsters. The battles have to be somewhat challenging. Don't worry the game doesn't expect you to fight monsters that push you to the limit, though. Of course, you gain abilities when you reach most expertise levels.

However, the fun doesn't stop there. You can choose from 10 basic classes. However, if you master the right combonation of classes, you can open up an intermediate class. Once you master a couple of those....welcome to MASTER CLASSES! It takes a lot of fighting to pull it off, but if you do (like I did), you are GOD.

Also, combining some level of expereince from two or more classes will unlock unique abilities and spells.

There are monster classes too. Once in awhile, you will find or a monster will drop a monster heart. Use the heart and you can learn the abilities of that very monster. I never did this, but I think you can open up ways to learning advanced monsters too.

In short, the class system in DQVII is awesome, but it takes work for you to become a god (that is, if you aim to do that in RPGs like I do sometimes).

Crossblades
11-20-2005, 07:49 PM
does 1 character have to master 2 basic jobs to unlock an intermediate job or can you have one character master a basic job and another character master another basic job to unlock it?

Behold the Void
11-20-2005, 08:15 PM
One character must master the two basic jobs to unlock the next job.

Dreddz
11-20-2005, 08:34 PM
sounds like a pretty awesome system, I shall be getting this after I get Gun ;)