PDA

View Full Version : New battle system..............

FiNalDeSire
11-20-2005, 04:55 AM
To the people who have played the demo of FFXII that came with DQVIII or know what the battle system is like I just wanted some opinions about the new battle system. I think this battle system is a good change and think that this FF will be very good.

Croyles
11-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I completely agree with you! People have been moaning about the changes. Traditionalists you might call them. Even though the tradition of FF is to bring out a entirely new game each time, with some deep rooted similarities yes, but still.

Im looking forward to this game.

Empu-Dragon
11-20-2005, 05:00 PM
i looking forward to it to. the sistem really reminds me of kotor on the x-box but i was wondering how are they going to do the trudisional huge boss at the end of the game i mean really. it just seems like its going to be an etreamly huge problem your not going to be able to fight any huge bosse with a system like that, but thats just my opinion.

Croyles
11-20-2005, 05:11 PM
How will you not be able to fight a huge boss with the current system?

Crossblades
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I haven't played the demo yet, but I have to say that I'm glad they changed the battle system. I'm not saying the old system was awful, but glad they gave us something different:)

Horton
11-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing I hate the new Final Fantasy XII battle system it blows, and it is boring, to dull, I grew up playing FFXII since I was 4 years old. It is like final fantasy XI and it sucks. I cant believe everyone is looking forward to it. Yes it does have a good story and graphics I cant believe what square enix is doing, squaresoft and enix never should have emerged. Im definatly am not buying this game why change such a good game into something it shouldnt be. I hated the demo to it is so frigin boring u site their and run around thats it. Its wrong and am never gonna forgive Square Enix about this.

Croyles
11-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing I hate the new Final Fantasy XII battle system it blows, and it is boring, to dull,I grew up playing FFXII since I was 4 years old
You've been playing FFXII since you were 4 years old?? Wow, thats a really really amazing absolutely impossible situation. Yes yes I know what you actually meant is 'I have been playing FF since I was 4'

It is like final fantasy XI and it sucks. I cant believe everyone is looking forward to it. Yes it does have a good story and graphics
Actually we dont yet know hardly anything about the story.

I cant believe what square enix is doing, squaresoft and enix never should have emerged
I think the word your looking for is 'merged'

Im definatly am not buying this game why change such a good game into something it shouldnt be
FFXII has always been the way its been, maybe you mean 'why such a change to the series'? Well the answer is because it is Final Fantasy and each game brings something new.

Its wrong and am never gonna forgive Square Enix about this
Look out its armageddon

I hated the demo to it is so frigin boring u site their and run around thats it
I think theres a bit more to that but if you want to exaggerate thats ok with me.....maybe.

P.S If all you do in FFXII is sit around then isnt it the same in all the other FF's?

Sephex
11-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing I hate the new Final Fantasy XII battle system it blows, and it is boring, to dull, I grew up playing FFXII since I was 4 years old. It is like final fantasy XI and it sucks. I cant believe everyone is looking forward to it. Yes it does have a good story and graphics I cant believe what square enix is doing, squaresoft and enix never should have emerged. Im definatly am not buying this game why change such a good game into something it shouldnt be. I hated the demo to it is so frigin boring u site their and run around thats it. Its wrong and am never gonna forgive Square Enix about this.

How have you been playing FFXII since you were four years old? Time travel? Dimensional vortex? Or are you four years old right now, and you have been playing the demo non-stop?

The world may never know.

Willmatic
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
The gameplay is similar to Knights Of The Republic, (i played that game for like 30 mins. till i went and rented another game) and Kingdom Hearts. I did not like that game because of the gameplay. It's a weird mix of Traditional RPG and KOTR. I didn't like being able only to control one character. And it's too easy to just simply run into the main objective and rush the game. By that I mean, the Random Battles aren't going to be random, since you see the enemy before engaging in battle, so just run past them. It's like a bootleg Zelda. With the ablilty to walk anywhere and engage in battle similarly.

I don't like the future for FFXII. I hope boss battles are'nt going to be to chaotic/messy/annoying, but, we'll see. My chances of getting FFXII went down from 100% to 70%.

It did seem dull and boring ONLY BECUASE, it's a mission based demo. No story, no dialouge, no menu option. Just play for 10-15 min and game over.

:( I'm sad about FFXII. I'm sure it'll still get a good rating cause everyone's on FF d!c, but we'll see.

raskerino
11-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Just to note, if the chance was 100% it can't change because that means anything that may happen you will necassarily buy it.

On subject: I haven't played the demo as I want to play the whole game in one but it looks pretty good. I didn't like KH's much (it was OK) so I hope this is more complex then that. I don't know how comparable they are but I hope it's different.

Horton
11-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Ive been playing final fantasy series since I was four not just ffXII, jesh, and If they really wanted to do something diffrent in the battle system make a diffrent game, final fantasy shouldnt change into something else. Some of u guys r nerds lol, typing is so important to u than anything, who cares, and if u dont like ff series why u on the site, well anyway of to play Dragon Quest 8.

Slothy
11-21-2005, 03:50 AM
and If they really wanted to do something diffrent in the battle system make a diffrent game, final fantasy shouldnt change into something else.

FF isn't changing into something else, it's simply evolving, as it has been since the second game was released. If you really want to play the same FF over and over and hate change so much, then download a ROM of FFI and you'll be happy as a clam. Had it not been for the constant evolution present in the series, we wouldn't have had any of the FF's since the first one. That's right, they've all done something to change things up at least a little. Get over it.

Some of u guys r nerds lol, typing is so important to u than anything, who cares,

Typing is how we communicate online. How you type is the difference between whether or not anyone can actually understand you. Most people don't like poor spelling and grammar because it's difficult to read and understand. And for the record, when you don't type well, people tend to draw one of a few conclusions. Either you're lazy, or you're immature. I'm not saying that's the case for you or for everyone else, but if you can help it, good spelling goes a long way towards people taking you seriously on message boards.

and if u dont like ff series why u on the site, well anyway of to play Dragon Quest 8.

Who said anyone here doesn't like the FF series?

boys from the dwarf
11-21-2005, 07:49 AM
i like the random encounter system but i think its about time it changed and im looking forwards to the new battle system.

Duncan
11-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Note: everything I say below does not apply to FF XI

I don't mind the non-random battles, i can live without that. My biggest beef with the game is the loss of control of my team. You can say all you want that the FF games have been evolving since the beginning, which I would agree with, but every FF game has always had one thing in common, and that is you have complete control over every member in your party. In the demo, for instance, it is completely possible to tell your character to attack one time and then do nothing else and you will win the battle. Where's the challenge in that? Honestly I don't have a problem with games that use AI controlled teammates but I have always looked to the FF games to provide me with my fix of team-based battles where I control every move. In previous games, it was a bit like each battle was a mini strategy game, you had to choose the the best time to heal, nuke, hang back, melee attack, etc. Now with AI controlled companions, they'll do it all for you; forget thinking and forget strategy. Yes, i could turn off gambit, but the problem there is that the AI still takes over and will just have your companions hack away. There's no notification that a turn is over and they're ready for a new command. Ah well, at least I've got DQ8.

Willmatic
11-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Very solid point. It's fun to play in "Active" battle, since it takes less time, but it's very annoying to change leaders inorder pick your party members and tell them what to do. I don't like the computer doing it for me, feels like cheating. I just sit back, wait till they're 1/2 way dead then i come in. I survive and cure/cura/curaga everyone.

Croyles
11-22-2005, 12:25 PM
You need to remember though that this is a demo and that it only offers the easiest possible monsters.

Duncan
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
You need to remember though that this is a demo and that it only offers the easiest possible monsters.

That not really the point, in all other FF games, if you didn't do anything during the battle, either the game sat and waited for you to make a choice or the monsters would attack you even if you just sat there. Even with the easy monsters at the beginning of the games it was possible to lose if you didn't take an active part in the battle.

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
it's very annoying to change leaders inorder pick your party members and tell them what to do.

You dont have to change your party leader to tell them what to do in the Demo. just hit X then Left or Right on the D-Pad. Up and Down switch the leader.

I, for one, really enjoyed the battle system "upgrade". While random battles were a bit of a staple throughout FF's history... change is good (if not needed).

I love the fact that some of the enemies (Bombs and Mandragoras) dont attack you unless provoked (they have a green HP bar) while the Headless, the Sliepniers, and such provoke you (orange/red HP bar).

The only thing I can say i dread, though I'm probably fretting over nothing; is being forced into mission type scenarios (a lot like FFX-2 entire game). I want to be able to freely roam around the countryside, into towns, across beaches, over mountains, through valleys... you get my point. I really hope they dont restrict our ability to explore.

Please don't double post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

Duncan
11-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I for one am looking forward to the new battle system and gameplay, after playing 1 through 10-2 I'm frankly tired of random battles and such similar gameplay. Of course this could turn out to be complete crap like people say but I like that they are willing to expand.

I don't think the game will be complete crap, I'm just not all that keen on the direction that the battle system is going. If they have an option that would allow the user to decide whether the system works like previous games I think that would be ideal. Then it would allow those of us who prefer to have total control over the battle to be happy and those that want AI controlled teammates to be happy.

Markus. D
11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
I saw an in-gameplay video on gamespot.

they were fighting this enormous dragon in a temple... it looks fun and neat.

Croyles
11-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm surprised more people havnt made gameplay videos of the demo yet.

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I saw an in-gameplay video on gamespot.

they were fighting this enormous dragon in a temple... it looks fun and neat.

Ring Wyrm.... funny name ain't it?

i like how Furan (i refuse to call her "fran") is using a staff in the Demo ^.^ i guess the characters can use a variety of weapons, not just a bunch of the same... maybe Vaan can use pole arms?

boys from the dwarf
11-24-2005, 07:28 AM
for weapons i believe vaan ashe and maybe basch have swords. balthier has guns and penelo has bow and arrows but frans a bit of a multiclass and can equip most weapons.

CloudedSquall
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
I saw someone mentioning the fact that the demo was mission based and was wondering if anyone knows if the game will be mission based or if it was just a demo thang. :confused: I've seen some videos of the battle system and I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me now and i think it could be pretty cool. Just hope the story is amazing and the music is even better (althogh i heard its not great :( ) :p

Markus. D
04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Ive been playing final fantasy series since I was four not just ffXII, jesh, and If they really wanted to do something diffrent in the battle system make a diffrent game, final fantasy shouldnt change into something else. Some of u guys r nerds lol, typing is so important to u than anything, who cares, and if u dont like ff series why u on the site, well anyway of to play Dragon Quest 8.

your the one using l33t sp34k. (replacing "you" with "u". replacing "lawl" or "hahahaha" with "lol")

besides, you cant possibly like the FF series unless you like the story.

the demo did'nt have a glimpse of the story.... from what I played, so you really cant call it bad...

Khaotic
04-04-2006, 02:16 AM

your the one using l33t sp34k. (replacing "you" with "u". replacing "lawl" or "hahahaha" with "lol")

besides, you cant possibly like the FF series unless you like the story.

the demo did'nt have a glimpse of the story.... from what I played, so you really cant call it bad...
Thats not leet speak, its just abbreviating words in simpler terms.

As for the topic, I personally don't like the battle system too much, as others have said, its boring, and you can basically sit there and have monsters come to you and have the game fight for you while you sleep. Basically, you run around, it autotargets a monster and you enter battle mode, then once the turn bar fills up, you use whatever command you had, examples : normal attack, magic, healing, etc. Quite boring if you ask me, however, I'm sure the actual game will be different and once I play, and beat, FFXII i'll say my professional opinion instead of basing it on a demo version.

Goose
04-04-2006, 03:35 AM
I have not played the demo, but i've seen a bunch of videos and i've read a few reveiws and previews... it sound like i fun game and i hope the fighting is fun... I also hope they don't do mission based like in X-2.... that was pritty lame... if anyone has an import could you tell me if the game is mission based... I was trying to get on game spot, but the boards are down and i can't even read... If anyone has an import tell me if not i'll wait for gamespot to start working... i know a ton of people have imports there.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Well, from what I have heard, the monsters are smater now, so wait good fights, I just have good eyes for this game, the only way to prove something different is playing the game.

"Not guilty until proven wrong"

nanakixiii
04-04-2006, 04:47 AM
Yea, so I actually got FF12 cuz my dad was in japan during that week for business. Anyways... I'm sorry, but the game is just flawless, and when I mean flawless, I mean it's been polished so much, that the 4 year wait was definitely worth it. So here are the things to talk about:

-Battle: People seem to be complaining about the battle system and how it was boring in the demo. I didn't play the demo, but trust me, it's soooo much better than random encounters. And the fact that you can move around in battle is just impressive. All the places have this expansive feel to it because each area is HUUUUGE. Just to see, I played FFX after playing FF12 for a week, and the whole random encounter thing just seemed so stupid. Don't worry guys, FFXII's battle can't get any better. OH, and where do I begin to describe the sweet boss battles. God, i love this game...

-Story: Just wait until November guys and watch the 8-minute opening movie. The story is too good. And for those who are worrried, FFXII is NOT a mission-based game. (Damn FFX-2...)

-Graphics: Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 3 or Zone of the Enders 2? Expect similar quality of graphics. One of the best I've seen on the PS2. In fact, in some cut-scenes, you wonder if it's really in real-time.

-Hmm... what else? I guess the most impressive thing about this flawless game is the presentation. The graphics are top-notch. The characters actually move naturally (cough cough FFX...) and lip-synch (at least in the Jap version) is nice (and minor detail... real-time shadows.) In the end, I want to just say that the strictest japanese magazine gave it perfect 10s (only given to 5 or 6 other games in the whole history of vidgames). Trust me, this final fantasy is perhaps the best final fantasy.

Ramza Beoulve
04-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Yea, so I actually got FF12 cuz my dad was in japan during that week for business. Anyways... I'm sorry, but the game is just flawless, and when I mean flawless, I mean it's been polished so much, that the 4 year wait was definitely worth it. So here are the things to talk about:

-Battle: People seem to be complaining about the battle system and how it was boring in the demo. I didn't play the demo, but trust me, it's soooo much better than random encounters. And the fact that you can move around in battle is just impressive. All the places have this expansive feel to it because each area is HUUUUGE. Just to see, I played FFX after playing FF12 for a week, and the whole random encounter thing just seemed so stupid. Don't worry guys, FFXII's battle can't get any better. OH, and where do I begin to describe the sweet boss battles. God, i love this game...

-Story: Just wait until November guys and watch the 8-minute opening movie. The story is too good. And for those who are worrried, FFXII is NOT a mission-based game. (Damn FFX-2...)

-Graphics: Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 3 or Zone of the Enders 2? Expect similar quality of graphics. One of the best I've seen on the PS2. In fact, in some cut-scenes, you wonder if it's really in real-time.

-Hmm... what else? I guess the most impressive thing about this flawless game is the presentation. The graphics are top-notch. The characters actually move naturally (cough cough FFX...) and lip-synch (at least in the Jap version) is nice (and minor detail... real-time shadows.) In the end, I want to just say that the strictest japanese magazine gave it perfect 10s (only given to 5 or 6 other games in the whole history of vidgames). Trust me, this final fantasy is perhaps the best final fantasy.
YAY!!!!! thanks for prove my point n.n

Not Guilty!!!!! n.n

YAY!!!!!! This game is what I really have dreamed all my life n.n, now just to wait until august:cry: