PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is just over a month away, so get to work on beating this

Lindy
11-20-2005, 04:41 PM
<a href="http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1033/Best_Christmas_Lights_Display_Ever">The end is nigh</a>

Rye
11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm so glad I don't live near anyone with overly obnoxious decorations for Christmas. :)

Shoden
11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
People here have Xmas decorations up before Halloween!

XxSephirothxX
11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
We have a tradition of going around and looking at the "tacky lights" people put up. It's even worse here in the south because everybody's Jesus crazy. Seing a thousand lights on a doublewide trailer is a pretty funny sight. :p

eestlinc
11-20-2005, 05:24 PM
we used to go around and leave notes in people's mailboxes from the "power company" thanking them for all the electricity used.

Rye
11-20-2005, 05:27 PM
That's awesome, elsie. xD

Alive-Cat
11-20-2005, 05:47 PM
It's the same as Shoden here. England is known to get a little over excited about Christmas, at least most of it.

Leeza
11-20-2005, 05:52 PM
There's a Christmas Lights Contest that goes on in our town every year and most who enter do really decent jobs. But if my neighbour was the one with that music constantly being played for his light show I would shoot him/her. :cat:

Jess
11-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Wow, that is mental. I love it when christmas lights are up everywhere, because they are real pretty. Living next door to that, however would probably make me want to kill myself.

We never put up lights outside, because its not like we are going to sit outside and look at our house.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Don't celebrate Pagan traditions.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Whats a Pagan tradition?

Lindy
11-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Persian turned Roman Christian turned Mainstream Hallmark.

So no kiddo, you're not a "rebel" for calling it "pagan", you're wrong.

xAerisx
11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Where the hell did you get that it was pagan from. Halloween is the pagan one, silly.

RPJesus
11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
I couldn't be bothered to let it load up, but I hate Christmas lights. A few little ones, fine, but these stupid bloody flashy things are just annoying. Like 5 different colours, on and off, on and off. They're just so tacky.

We have, in my house, one big tree in the front room. A real tree with sort of old decorations and beads wrapped round. Just as a joke, really, we have one miniature fake tree in the hallway. It has a string of multi-coloured fairy lights and funny coloured tinsel, and the tree chocolates. It's the tacky tree.

omnitarian
11-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, it's thought that the origins of some christmas traditions came from Catholic and pagan (polytheistic) rituals "melding" together.

But anyway... that christmas light thing is crazy. That guy must have an electric bill from here to Tuesday. I certainly wouldn't like to be in that house when the lights go off... you'd probably get epilepsy just by looking out the window.

Sare
11-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Insane.
Luckily there's none of that light-thing around here. Only the streets are lit.
We have one christmas light here on our village and there's several in the town near by.
Nothing as...odd as that.

rubah
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I hurt my mom's feelings last year/two years ago (don't remember which) when I suggested that all the tons of colored lights she was placing on our tree look gaudy.

My friend and I decorated our house for christmas last year then studied for a math test. Best way to do it, ever.

Zeldy
11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
We decorate inside, Theres a house near me who has all red lights in one room at Christmas. The room is bright red xD

Rini
11-20-2005, 08:05 PM
that stuff is pretty overreacted o.o I'm glad it's not that big in Finland *phew*. People do have christmas lights, but they're way smaller, maybe a chandelieer (?) or a short chain of lights in the window and some candles and that's about it. I have the cutest little heart-shaped lights circling my shelves <3.
I think that shovering everything under bulbs and such is a bit ugly, minimalistic is the way to go ;) and using less lighting spends less electricity and energy which helps preserving nature, yay ^^. And anyhow, a bit moody and dim lighting brings the Christmas mood better than those big ones. :P

Nino Brown
11-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Regardless of how you feel about Christmas, and Christmas decorations, you've got to at least give them credit. Just think about how much time and planning it took to do that.

Personally, I thought it was pretty cool. Overdone, but cool.

Psychotic
11-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I can beat that with ease. I'm thinking 1,000 pikachus strapped to a nuclear missile, fired into the Strip in Las Vegas. Yeah, who's flashy now, bitch? :cool:

Shlup
11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Trans Siberian Orchestra is tits. When BJ gets home from work I'm going to show this to him and then he's going to pee a little and then we're going to find that house and dance in front of it.

Old Manus
11-20-2005, 09:20 PM
What they didn't show was the whole house exploding 5 seconds later. Whether it was all the electricity surging or neighbours lobbing grenades at it in frustration we will never know

boris no no
11-20-2005, 09:33 PM
thats what its like all over my village

:(

Xaven
11-21-2005, 01:10 AM
I would love living next door to that house. A song like that constantly repeating does good to the soul. :)

Shlup
11-21-2005, 01:17 AM
I would love living next door to that house. A song like that constantly repeating does good to the soul. :)
Finally, someone with some sense. *dances*

Loony BoB
11-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Man, what's up with everyone? That thing was awesome! I would totally love to be in a place that had something like that going on, especially if it was going on indoors as well. I don't dance, but I would totally rock out to those lights and music, Wayne's World style!

Nino Brown
11-21-2005, 02:05 AM
I want to know if the music actually plays. Or if it was just mixed in for that video.

Finally, someone with some sense. *dances*

I love going around Corona and looking at all the houses. There are actually a few good places.

Lindy
11-21-2005, 02:13 AM
I have a feeling it was just mixed for the video, but jesus christ it's well timed.

Nino Brown
11-21-2005, 02:17 AM
Maybe the music plays as a part of a local festival.

Lindy
11-21-2005, 02:20 AM
I'd totally hit it if it did.

Miriel
11-22-2005, 01:46 AM
Man, what's up with everyone? That thing was awesome! I would totally love to be in a place that had something like that going on, especially if it was going on indoors as well. I don't dance, but I would totally rock out to those lights and music, Wayne's World style!

Seriously!

My family never decorated for Christmas and that always made me sad. It's cool that people really get into stuff like this rather than...I dunno, going out and shooting people.

Primus Inter Pares
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
...who here died a little inside when they saw this?

Usually something with lights is overdone here, not much for the outside decorations in Australia, although last year our neighbours decorated this 5-6 meter pine tree that's in the front yard, that wasn't too bad.